pixeltracker

Weirdest comment by an actor?- Page 3

Weirdest comment by an actor?

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#50re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 9:37pm

Ok, maybe not the weirdest, but still pretty funny if you ask me . . . After seeing "Everythings Turning Into Beautiful" for the second time, I waited outside with my friend for Daphne to come out. During the show I had pointed out the tatoo on her hand to my friend saying how odd (yet interesting) it was that she had a face on her hand. My friend instantly said that she thought it was a dragonfly. So of course we had to ask her! My friend said we loved her tatoo but were wondering what it was. DRV promptly tells us that it is a Buddha face and, "the right eye is . . . no, no, the left eye means . . . whoa, I should know this shouldn't I? Especially since it's on my body!" lol But then she told us that if we went up the street and around the corner (told us the address) that that guy would know cause he was the one who did it. She really was so nice and funny . . . can't wait to see her again!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

Yankeefan007
#51re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 9:50pm

Me: I really loved the show. It's got such an interesting message.
Kieran Culkin: Oh, you actually saw it?
(There was a crowd of autograph collectors following subUrbia.)

My friend: Ms. Pawk, would you mind signing a Mamma Mia Playbill?
Michelle Pawk: Am I in it? I don't think they put me in them.
My friend: Yes, you are.
(Pawk looks for her picture)
Michelle Pawk: Wow!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#52re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 9:52pm

If she was in the show, why wouldn't she be in the playbill?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#53re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 9:55pm

YAY! It's great to have this back!

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#54re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 10:00pm

My dad bought a poster @ Sweeney Todd for me, and he was waiting to get it signed. He had previously (and totally by accident) walked by the stage door as Cerveris came out, but had nothing for him to sign, they walked together to the lobby after the crowd dispered to see if they were still selling stuff, but alas, they were not. SO this second time at the stage door, after he had already gotten all the cast's autographs once he says to michael "last time i was here i didn't have anything for you to sign... Can you sign the poster again please?" Micheal, who had signed over where his name was billed, says gesturing to the only unsigned spot left on the poster, which was patti's billing, "what, do you want me to sign for patti, too?" My dad replies "sure, why not!" and he did...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!
Updated On: 10/24/06 at 10:00 PM

husk_charmer
#55re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 10:05pm

Not so much an actor, at all, but when I went to the La Cage revival I eneded up seated next to Jerry Herman, and didn't realize it until the end of Act 1 when i made this terribly obnoxious noise of excitment for Brent Barrett (I had been late, and then got lost finding the theatre in the Marriot hotel), and I hear this voice say, "I am so glad you enjoyed my show" and i about wet myself, and then babbled something about really liking Mack and Mabel and Mame and Dolly, and got his autograph, and then he left for backstage.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

#56re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 10:09pm

Not by an actor, but a flamboyant teenage boy at the stage door of Avenue Q:

"Omigod, Barrett Foa is so hot. I want him to lick my vagina. It's soooo crusty."

I couldn't make that up.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#57re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 10:10pm

This is a conversation I had with Rondi Reed (Chicago's Madame Morrible) at the sage door.

Me: Hi, great job.
RR: Did I scare you?
Me: Not really, this was my fifth time seeing it.
RR: Darn it, I like scaring people!

Yankeefan007
#58re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 10:12pm

Michelle was in Mamma Mia for....let's say 3 weeks. And she likes joking around about it.

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#59re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 10:19pm

The actress (B.N.) rans away from a fan who wants her playbill signed...she turns to her and says "Why would I sign that...you'll just sell it on ebay!"

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley

Shiksa Goddess2
#60re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 10:51pm

Not really on topic, but I was so nervious meeting Raul Esparza that I called him short *kicks self*. I said: "Wow, you're like as tall as I am!" (he's 5"6', I'm 5"4'- but... yeah), and he said that "I'm told I'm short a lot". Of all the things I could have said, lol.

thevolleyballer
#61re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 11:11pm

When I was backstage at Wicked two Octobers ago, Jennifer Laura Thompson was talking to my aunt (they're good friends) about how her breasts were so sore (this was right after she had given birth to her son, Tommy). It was... pretty weird to overhear.

DevDev
#62re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 11:22pm

At Jonathan Pryce and Norbert's last Dirty Rotten Scoundrels show, I had my CD insert for Sara to sign. Jonathan grabbed it by accident and said, "You know I'm not on this, right? Do you want me to sign it anyway?"

"And I said, yeah... why not?"

And then he said, "You wish I was on it though." And I smiled because boy, was he right! More cool than weird, but yeah.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#63re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 11:40pm

pretty much everyone i talked to at the wicked tour stage door had something interesting to say;

Pj benjamin: you sure you want[my signature]? i'm not green.

Alma Cuervo: you get a good signature since you know who the hell i am. (then she signed about 5 posters rapidly (my friend's is signed completely upside down)

Emily Rozek (u/s in for glinda) convversation;
Me: Hey, I saw you in Millie
Emily: as millie?
me: yeah you were so gr- (cut off)
Emily: You have some bad luck i guess

The fiyero understudy got his crotch grabbed by a little old lady taking a picture, and Victoria Matlock talked to my friend in detail about cleaning off the green then, when being rushed while signing a girl trying to get back to her school group's bus's poster, said "tell them they can wait for you My name is LONG"

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

HughE2030 Profile Photo
HughE2030
#64re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 12:58am

Last night when I asked Erika Christensen how Jennifer Aniston did on stage in the 24 Hour Play, she said "Jennifer was excellent, with impecable timing, and a keen sense of humor."

Confessions of A Celebrity Stalker

www.ConfessionsofaPaparazzi.com
Updated On: 10/25/06 at 12:58 AM

christine_c Profile Photo
christine_c
#65re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 4:28am

It's not a comment by an actor, but while we're on the subject of awkward/weird things happening while meeting actor, I'm going to tell my story.

I actually went to one of Constantine Maroulis' shows (not on Broadway?) and I met him after the show and didn't have anything for him to sign. I awkwardly hugged him and then he took my hand and started to rub it. Yeah, that was strange, but I got over it. I went on to thank him for singing Origin of Love, et cetera, et cetera, and he goes to talk to the next fan, and he's not letting go of my hand. So he had a conversation with me and a conversation with the person next to me and I was getting this really awkward hand massage the whole time. It was so strange.

In his defense, it was almost 1 AM, he had a cold, his tooth was broken and cutting into the back of his tongue, and he could hardly speak. Sooo.

tpr Profile Photo
tpr
#66re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 6:29am

Again not quite an actor, but I bumped into Mel Brooks when he was in London when the Producers was opening. I said I was sorry to bother him but just wanted to say how much I enjoyed his films, to which he replied "Which is your favourite?".

bwayondabrain
#67re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 6:49am

this isnt weird, but it was funny
my sister was wearing a shirt that had a picture of a Golden Ticket on it. so after SWEENEY TODD, Donna Lynn Champlin comes out to sign. she sees my sister's shirt, and asks "so which one is your favorite?" so then my sister and her got into a long conversation about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and if the new one or old one is better. :) it was amusing

Updated On: 10/25/06 at 06:49 AM

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#68re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 1:38pm

After "The Last 5 Years" my friend and I were waiting to get Sherie's and Norbert's autographs. Sherie came out first and signed our stuff, then we asked her if Norbert was still inside or if he'd left already. She said he was still there, then she was like, "Do you want his autograph? Just show him your boobs and he'll sign anything."

dancingthrulife04
#69re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 1:50pm

Emily Rozek (u/s in for glinda) convversation;
Me: Hey, I saw you in Millie
Emily: as millie?
me: yeah you were so gr- (cut off)
Emily: You have some bad luck i guess

Aww. That's kind of sad that she didn't think she was good.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#70re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 1:58pm

I got a funny one a few nights ago about Jews and therapy. I was so tired that I probably like, zoned out and missed a sentence or something, because while half the comment made sense, half of it just made none whatsoever.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

dancingthrulife04
#71re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 2:07pm

Weird one that I made to someone else while I was extremely tired:

A young girl and her friends came up to me at my band concert, and complimented me on my performance in Guys & Dolls. I went "Wait, you actually saw that?" I DID thank them, but I had to take a minute to process what they were syaing.

worrell4077
#72re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 2:58pm

I remember watching The Producers cast album recording session dvd and someone asked Matthew "What was the weirdest thing Marlon Brando ever said to you?" And Matthew replied,"There are so many....Oh you're doing Letterman. That's like putting fried eggs under your armpits."

This happened to my sister at the Jersey Boys stage door in September, but I don't think it qualifies as weird just random. She said JLY turned to her and said that he was going on a two week vacation in October, when she didn't even ask him.

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#73re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 3:18pm

I have one that may win for ditziest comment by an actor...

[In B.F.E., Connecticut, where a group of us have gone to see Idina Menzel in "Summer of '42"]

Idina: Be careful driving, it gets really smoggy up here. Wait, that's not right, is it? Smoggy?
Us: No, it's foggy.
Idina: Oh right, yeah! Foggy. It gets foggy.

She has a tendency to misuse words, which I can't remember the word for right now. Not a misnomer, but a... oh well.

#74re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/25/06 at 3:54pm

Malapropism?

Videos