Spring Awakening on MTV

kgallo Profile Photo
kgallo
#50re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 2:59am

I finally saw it...after leaving the MTVU page up for an hour!! It was short but sweet...great exposure!

"Thought is suspect, and money is their idol, and nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#51re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:00am

just watched the clip on mtv, pretty cool, only like 3 or 4 minutes long though

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

#52re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:03am

I just saw it on mtv! It was really short but this is just the exposure it needed.

snl89
#53re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:08am

awesome segment!! I wish it was longer, with more interviews, but still, its great!!

and they showed jon doing "there's a moment you know... you're f*cked"! that makes me happy re: Spring Awakening on MTV

edit: course NOW its on mtv.com, right in the news section and easy to see. way to be 12 HOURS LATE mtv! gah.

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 2/1/07 at 07:08 AM

BrunetteBombshell
#54re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:45am

I was freaking out that MTV wasn't going to show it, but I'm glad that I stuck around for a little while longer and got to see it.

aidaxx3 Profile Photo
aidaxx3
#55re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:47am

i just saw it too!
i thought is was really great the way they publisized it. (spelling?)

an87- i have Cingular and you can just type in Spring Awakening in your media mall and the ringtones come up :)

Did anyone happen to possibly record it or something so we can see it online?

"Lables are for soup cans, not people." -Anthony Rapp

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#56re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 9:01am

Apparently now it is on mtv.com.

I liked this thing on it WAY better than any of the other tv spots I've seen. I actually felt like MTV knew what the show was about. Of course I wish it was longer, but I'll take what I can get.

Allie
#57re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 9:26am

MTV.com says, "Copyrights restrict us from playing this video outside the U.S." Boooo.

BUT mtvu.com works! Updated On: 2/1/07 at 09:26 AM

sundaymorning6am
#58re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 9:45am

I just sat through that video, some of it not on mute, and why is the music on that site horendous? ... My apologies if anyone is a fan.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#59re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 9:49am

I fast forwarded through about an hour and a half of music videos to watch this. I wish they had more interviews with the cast.

MamawhoBoreme Profile Photo
MamawhoBoreme
#60re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 9:59am

i thought it was great!

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#61re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 12:34pm

bfhasghasgfa!!

saw it on tv at 5:55-ish this morning! FINALLY!

it was actually longer than i thought it would be. which is exciting. like 4 minutes-is long. it had clips of a whole bunch of songs.. liiike... bitch of living, totally f*cked, don't do sadness (!!), my junk, the word of your body.. and some scenes. talked with j.groff and lea.. and the infamous duncan sheik. it was a very well-done segment i thought, gave a pretty good explanation.. but they didn't focus on the sex necessarily.. which is good, we don't want to pull a brokeback mountain have it be known as "the show with sex in it."
i hope this helps give SA more hype!!!! =D

yayayayayy.. made my day! <3333

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#62re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 3:37pm

^Yeah I'm glad they didn't focus in on just the sex. I would hate it to be "that show with the sex in it."

snl89
#63re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 4:07pm

^unfortunately, I think its getting a little bit of that already- so I too am very glad they didn't advertise it that way. Because honestly the sex lasts for all of... 5 minutes, max. In fact, I honestly believe that if it weren't for the fact that its how they end the first act, people wouldn't be nearly as "omg there's sex in it!" about it. Its just because thats the last thing you're left to think about durring intermission and the first thing you come back to. (not that I dont think it works that way- I think its the ONLY logical thing to have as the big scene before intermission because its a major driving plot point. But its just, it also draws that much more attention to it) But there's like... a whole other 2 hours of the show that DONT have to do with them having sex!

anyway yeah, that was a REALLY good segment- one of the best ones yet I think advertising wise! and I love that they filmed new footage instead of using the same old press reels! And like... it just makes the show look as awesome and cool as it really is :P

OH and um, I totally LOVE Barely Breathing and never once realized that it was duncan who did it!! haha. Like seriously, I've loved it SO much ever since it first came out, and somehow I just... never found out who sang it! I guess I've been a duncan fan all these years and didn't even know it :P

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 2/1/07 at 04:07 PM

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#64re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:02pm

i always see commericals

aidaxx3 Profile Photo
aidaxx3
#65re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:35pm

so wait, is it on mtv.com?

cuz i was on mtvu.com forever and it didnt work.

?

snl89
#66re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:36pm

^it is!! re: Spring Awakening on MTV if you scroll down just a little bit on the very main site, it should be there re: Spring Awakening on MTV

aidaxx3 Profile Photo
aidaxx3
#67re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:43pm

thanks!

aidaxx3 Profile Photo
aidaxx3
#68re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:49pm

oh god. i think something is wrong with me.
i typed it in the search box and looked through everything!

Does anyone have the link??
I would appreciate it!

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#69re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:55pm

ditto

[edit] NEWS, then click on the VIDEO tab. Updated On: 2/1/07 at 07:55 PM

stagegrrrl
#70re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:58pm

the mtv site sucks out loud.
u would think that such a huge corporation would have a site that was halfway decent.

aidaxx3 Profile Photo
aidaxx3
#71re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 8:02pm

Marlene- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK You!

picturetaker9211 Profile Photo
picturetaker9211
#72re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 8:45pm

Yay for Spring Awakening and publicity for the show! re: Spring Awakening on MTV

"Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, take the moment & making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

FutureElphie Profile Photo
FutureElphie
#73re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/1/07 at 9:00pm

YAY! I finally found it! that was great =D

-I couldn't help it Janet! She was just like you, only french... ~Robert-The Drowsy Chaperone~

donna_darko_23
#74re: Spring Awakening on MTV
Posted: 2/2/07 at 12:25am

that was a good segment. It was really funny hearing Johnathan's "there a moment you know ...your ****ed" with a bleep.

Videos