pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 30

The Official TDF Thread

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#725The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/8/17 at 2:05pm

Thx, tresora. Good to know! I hope I luck out on Sun mat!

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#726The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/9/17 at 2:28pm

Picked up my TDF tickets for tomorrow, Sunday, mat for Dolly.  Not Balcony! But wish they were! Mezz, next to last row. Hope my friends will enjoy from there!

Updated On: 9/9/17 at 02:28 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#727The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/9/17 at 2:55pm

EthelMae said: "Picked up my TDF tickets for tomorrow, Sunday, mat for Dolly. Not Balcony! But wish they were! Mezz, next to last row. Hope my friends will enjoy from there!"

I've sat in the mid mezzanine and as long as the seats aren't too far off to one side they'll be okay. When they're too far off to one side it's hard to see some of the Harmonia Gardens action.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#728The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/9/17 at 9:08pm

Thx but unfortunately the Mezz seat locs I got are way over audience left! TDF didn't come thru for me this time!  Hopefully, we'll still have a good time..

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#729The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/9/17 at 10:16pm

EthelMae said: "Thx but unfortunately the Mezz seat locs I got are way over audience left! TDF didn't come thru for me this time! Hopefully, we'll still have a good time..

"

This will take a lot of running but if you and your friends find the seats totally unsatisfactory about 30 minutes pre-show TKTS starts really heavily discounting all tickets. They say 50% but some of the prices I've gotten seem like more than a 50% discount. You'd have to eat the TDF money but if your friends don't have much of a chance to see this show then I'd go for it. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#730The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/9/17 at 11:27pm

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Thx a lot. Good to know. I'll try that myself or with one other but it's a miracle I got these 3 friends to agree on a date, etc.! Don't really want to deal with running them around. But I will definitely check that out at TKTS. I live in the neighborhood so it will easy for me to try. 

(Don't know why that Spoiler message is appearing! I must have clicked something. Disregard!)

Updated On: 9/9/17 at 11:27 PM

mijofly19
#731The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/13/17 at 3:47pm

I know they only just appeared last week but anybody buy/use Cats tickets through TDF yet? Interested to know where the seats have been...

Emkyga12
#732The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/13/17 at 4:10pm

poisonivy2 said: "EthelMae said: "Thx but unfortunately the Mezz seat locs I got are way over audience left! TDF didn't come thru for me this time! Hopefully, we'll still have a good time..

"

This will take a lot of running but if you and your friends find the seats totally unsatisfactory about 30 minutes pre-show TKTS starts really heavily discounting all tickets. They say 50% but some of the prices I've gotten seem like more than a 50% discount. You'd have to eat the TDF money but if your friends don't have much of a chance to see this show then I'd go for it.
"

I had Center Mezz towards the back, great view except the one scene where the balcony overhang blocked the top of the set!

10086sunset
#733The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/18/17 at 3:22pm

Anastasia is up for both performances this Wednesday. 

Emkyga12
#734The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/18/17 at 3:46pm

I'm wondering if it's up because someone is going to be out of the show. Ramin?

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#735The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/19/17 at 6:30pm

Junk has just popped up for performances from October 10-14.

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#736The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/22/17 at 11:53am

I've only been a TDF member for a few months, so I don't know what to expect for new musicals. 

What do you think the chances are of The Bands Visit coming up this fall?

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#737The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/22/17 at 11:58am

The Band's Visit is a musical in a house that is primarily used for plays, which means there are not as many seats. It's got a ton of buzz from theater folk... but no one knows what it is outside of the theater community. It probably won't get the same amount of attention Evan Hansen does. 

Do with this info as you will. I think it'll be on during previews, but once the reviews come out, it should be hard to get tickets. 

I will say that Broadway plays are on TDF 95% of the time. Musicals, not so much. This past year, every best play nominee was on TDF. 

10086sunset
#738The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/22/17 at 12:12pm

^Extremely well stated.

The Band's Visit will probably pop up during previews. Like Come From Away, I don't expect it to return after the reviews land and word of mouth spreads.

Emkyga12
#739The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/22/17 at 12:14pm

If you have connection to an NYU student they have discount tix available right now for Band's Visit.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#740The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/22/17 at 12:15pm

I'm sure we'll see Band's Visit on TDF. 

Hansen is the only new musical from last year that was never on TDF, I think -- even COMET was, with and without Groban (more often without), and Come from Away was before and shortly after opening. (Someone correct me if my memories are wrong)

ebizzle
#741The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/23/17 at 10:43am

Big thanks @emkygal12!!! I just got my ticket through an NYU student for only $49 and was really concerned that the rush or lottery would be impossible. Thanks so much! 

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#742The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/28/17 at 5:47pm

Anastasia is on there for October 5th, any scheduled vacations for that day? I don't remember seeing the show on TDF before but I see a few posts above that it was on for a Wednesday. I'm guessing it's just a slower month, there are a lot of tickets available on telecharge.

Updated On: 9/28/17 at 05:47 PM

@z5
#743The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/28/17 at 6:00pm

I'm expecting Latin History for Morons to pop up here fairly shortly, there seems to be TONS of tickets available.

And also hoping for Parisian Woman.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#744The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/28/17 at 9:16pm

My Anastasia TDF ticket for last week was side rear orchestra (N15); I had a great view and enjoyed the show, and no one was out that night. 

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#745The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/28/17 at 10:39pm

TDF ticket for Anastasia this past week was very front orchestra on the far left side. Probably not full partial view, but I could see all the way into the stage left wings, and couldn't see most of the stage right set. Had been waiting to see it until it popped up on TDF, and now I'm happy to warn others: don't go. Lol.

nafxm
#746The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/29/17 at 11:11am

I also got TDF tix for Anastasia last week, and get side mid-orch. Great full view and had more fun than I expected.

10086sunset
#747The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 9/30/17 at 11:08am

My Time and the Conways ticket this past week was side front orchestra, row C

10086sunset
#748The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:37am

M. Butterfly is up for Sunday night

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#749The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 10/5/17 at 11:55am

M. Butterfly is up for Sunday evening. And Simpatico at McCarter Theatre in Princeton, with Michael Shannon, just popped up for next week (all performances).

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Videos