pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 35

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#850New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/10/23 at 2:23pm

I was also going to say mid-40s!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

hearthemsing22
#851New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/10/23 at 2:31pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "I was also going to say mid-40s!"

It's so interesting how people say certain roles shouldn't be played by performers above a certain age, yet there are also people who think with makeup, anyone of any age can play any role. Interesting. 

Edit: I'm so sorry and that was not meant to sound snarky or rude. I just find it very interesting. 

Updated On: 4/10/23 at 02:31 PM

QueenTwinnied
#852New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/10/23 at 3:33pm

hearthemsing22 said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "I was also going to say mid-40s!"

It's so interesting how people say certain roles shouldn't be played by performers above a certain age, yet there are also people who think with makeup, anyone of any age can play any role. Interesting.
"

Are you too old to be in Wicked? Probably

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#853New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/17/23 at 5:52pm

hearthemsing22 said: "suicidalmickeymouse said: "I was also going to say mid-40s!"

Edit: I'm so sorry and that was not meant to sound snarky or rude. I just find it very interesting.
"

There’s a huge difference between just simple foundation and the makeup plot that’s required for the role of elphaba. Yes, makeup does help with “de-aging” performers. That doesn’t mean anybody of any age can play any role just by applying makeup. For instance, you can’t have fantine in Les Miserables with a face plastered with foundation, the makeup has to fit with the show. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

RWPrincess
#854New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 4:55pm

Shouldn't we be getting a Fiyero announcement soon? James Gish came in with Talia, Clifton, etc so his one year anniversary is about a month. I'm curious to hear who is coming in next.

mshalo18
#855New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/18/23 at 5:53pm

RWPrincess said: "Shouldn't we be getting a Fiyero announcement soon? James Gish came in with Talia, Clifton, etc so his one year anniversary is about a month. I'm curious to hear who is coming in next."

Yes- I seem to remember seeing on his website that he was in through May. 

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#856New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/19/23 at 1:30am

Is there a way to find out who actually performed a role at a particular production? Occasionally there are announcements that a performer has reached a particular milestone in the number of times they have performed, so someone keeps track somewhere. Is that information public?

hearthemsing22
#857New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/19/23 at 5:19pm

MadisonGuy said: "Is there a way to find out who actually performed a role at a particular production? Occasionally there are announcements that a performer has reached a particular milestone in the number of times they have performed, so someone keeps track somewhere. Is that information public?"

I think the most public information you could find is the years someone was with the production (playbill.com) but I do not think their number of performances is public information. Or stored anywhere public. You'd have to ask directly or something. 

Call_me_jorge
#858New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 6/20/23 at 6:57pm

Laurel Harris is back with the Wicked tour, anyone know in what capacity?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Ensemble1687291534
#859New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 6/20/23 at 9:06pm

Laurel is listed as an additional standby in the Houston Playbills.

QueenTwinnied
#860New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 6/20/23 at 10:44pm

That’s very interesting. The Wicked tour has had fantastic attendance with Elphaba u/s Marie Eife making her Elphaba debut recently after covering the role for years. 

kylegfil_
#861New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 6/22/23 at 3:56pm

QueenTwinnied said: "That’s very interesting. The Wicked tour has had fantastic attendance with Elphaba u/s Marie Eife making her Elphaba debut recently after covering the role for years."

Laurel is down there as additional coverage as both Elphaba covers had some time off on the current stop so they always want to make sure they have two Elphaba covers in the building, i've heard it like an unofficial rule for the show lol?

I'm thrilled Marie was finally able to make her debut - she is wonderful.

hearthemsing22
#862New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 6/22/23 at 4:08pm

kylegfil_ said: "QueenTwinnied said: "That’s very interesting. The Wicked tour has had fantastic attendance with Elphaba u/s Marie Eife making her Elphaba debut recently after covering the role for years."

Laurel is down there as additional coverage as both Elphaba covers had some time off on the current stop so they always want to make sure they have two Elphaba covers in the building, i've heard it like an unofficial rule for the show lol?

I'm thrilled Marie was finally able to make her debut - she is wonderful.

"

Yes! I think you're right about two covers in the building at all times. 

Engineer Thuy
#863New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/18/23 at 6:19pm

Laurel has returned to the Munchkinland Tour to stand by

theblackumbrella
GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#865New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/22/23 at 7:42am

I didn’t realize I was still on page 1 of this thread, and was over the moon upon reading rumors of Kate Shindle & Annalise van der Pol leading with Donna Vivino returning as standby. 😂 Even with the anniversary next month, I wasn’t that keen on returning (my last visits to the Gershwin with Dinoia and Pearce left me…wanting more) but casting like that would do the trick. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

hearthemsing22
#866New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/22/23 at 10:51am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "I didn’t realize I was still on page 1 of this thread, and was over the moon upon reading rumors of Kate Shindle & Annalise van der Pol leading with Donna Vivino returning as standby. 😂 Even with the anniversary next month, I wasn’t that keen on returning (my last visits to the Gershwin with Dinoia and Pearce left me…wanting more) but casting like that would do the trick."

I'm not sure we'll be seeing Elphaba cast changes any time soon. Alyssa Fox said on the Sentimental Men Podcast that she will do the role until the day she decides it's not fun anymore. For now, she seems to love it enough to at least be through the anniversary and maybe come up on a year. 

Call_me_jorge
#867New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/22/23 at 11:08am

For what it’s worth, the Instagram account for Death Becomes Her started following Alyssa Fox(they had only followed Jenn Simard and Megan Hilty previously). If she’s involved with that I could see her leaving wicked around December/January which would make her contract 9 months; That has been pretty standard lately for Elphabas.

JSquared2
#868New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/22/23 at 5:21pm

Call_me_jorge said: "For what it’s worth, the Instagram account for Death Becomes Her started following Alyssa Fox(they had only followed Jenn Simard and Megan Hilty previously). 

Some of you people have WAY too much time on your hands.

Call_me_jorge
#869New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/23/23 at 3:24pm

To be fair, I didn’t figure it out myself. Someone else pointed it out to me and I’m just relaying the information here.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#870New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/23/23 at 10:02pm

JSquared2 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "For what it’s worth, the Instagram account for Death Becomes Her started following Alyssa Fox(they had only followed Jenn Simard and Megan Hilty previously).

"

I'm not sure why this comment is necessary - someone shared information on this board built for people to share information on. The account only follows 37 accounts in total and it's not hard to scroll through to see who they are - this is a normal activity for people to do on social media when they are interested in something. I personally found it entertaining to learn just now as I checked their profile that the account follows Goldie Hawn and Isabella Rossellini.

Just let people enjoy things.

hearthemsing22
#871New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/26/23 at 9:06am

veronicamae said: "JSquared2 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "For what it’s worth, the Instagram account for Death Becomes Her started following Alyssa Fox(they had only followed Jenn Simard and Megan Hilty previously).

"

I'm not sure why this comment is necessary - someone shared information on this board built for people to share information on. The account only follows 37 accounts in total and it's not hard to scroll through to see who they are - this is a normal activity for people to do on social media when they are interested in something. I personally found it entertaining to learn just now as I checked their profile that the account follows Goldie Hawn and Isabella Rossellini.

Just let people enjoy things.

"

That person really likes to put others down and ruin things for others. They can't wait to pounce on people 

berniesb!tch
#872New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/28/23 at 4:57pm

I saw the show last night. I've seen Wicked maybe 14 times in my life. I love the show, it's what got me into theatre in the first place. 

That said, last night was pretty rough. I don't know if it was because they were tired from a two show day but I was really unimpressed. Me and my roommate keep referring to is as "Wicked Mid" 

Alyssa Fox did nothing for me vocally or acting wise. I found Mackenzie Kurtz serviceable. The biggest crime was Michelle Pawk as Madam Morrible. I didn't even mind her limited voice but I found her acting and characterization simply atrocious. The actress who played Nessa was a pretty piss-poor actor as well. 

You know the night was a failure when I left talking about Boq and Fyiero. I saw Jordan Litz  and Jake Pederson on the tour and they always deliver.

Overall, really disappointed in the evening. They need to bring Joe Mantello in before the anniversary to make things are better as I hav my ticket to the Sunday performance before the show.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#873New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/28/23 at 5:41pm

Wow, I’m surprised to see you say Alyssa Fox did nothing for you vocally! I’ve seen Wicked and 19x since 2007 and when I saw her as standby this past January I thought she was one of the best I’d ever heard sing the role. I also really enjoy the videos of her time from Frozen. 

I wonder if perhaps she’s under the weather or singing it more conservatively now that she’s the lead. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

berniesb!tch
#874New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 9/28/23 at 6:09pm

suicidalmickeymouse said: "Wow, I’m surprised to see you say Alyssa Fox did nothing for you vocally! I’ve seen Wicked and 19x since 2007 and when I saw her as standby this past January I thought she was one of the best I’d ever heard sing the role. I also really enjoy the videos of her time from Frozen.

I wonder if perhaps she’s under the weather or singing it more conservatively now that she’s the lead.
"

To be clear - I didn't find her voice bad at all. She's got a great voice. Just compared to some other Elphaba's I've seen, I don't think I will really remember her. Like I said I'll see her again next month, so hopefully it was just an off day.

Videos