pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 36

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

neonlightsxo
#875HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/21/17 at 1:46pm

sgreen, I don't have any inside information, but I'm inclined to agree that James and Brian will be around for longer contracts.

novanoto
#876HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 3/21/17 at 2:31pm

neonlightsxo said: "sgreen, I don't have any inside information, but I'm inclined to agree that James and Brian will be around for longer contracts.

"

I'm hoping so, especially for JMI! I have tickets for the end of December and am hoping he's still in the role!! 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#877HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/2/17 at 11:06pm

Pretty sure today was Hope Easterbrook's final performance in the Broadway company! Any word on who'll be taking that track (the one originated by Betsy Struxness)?

BroadwayConcierge
#878HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 12:59am

Random question, but now that it looks like we've made it through Javi's injury, does anybody know who the current official Hamilton alternate on Broadway is, and when Javi's "off day" is, currently? Just curious!

Updated On: 4/6/17 at 12:59 AM

toofunktastic2
#879HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 4:03am

Definitely Sunday and maybe Wednesday mat (he was out for mat yesterday, but on for the evening, but it also seems like he may have been at an event or something). From this post, it seems like Donald and Jevon will alternate on Sundays.

toofunktastic2
#880HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 4:17am

Also looks like Kim Taylor is Hope Easterbrook's replacement. 

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#881HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 10:02am

I was lucky enough to see Donald on as Hamilton on 3/19, and he is absolutely terrific!  Definitely reads young in the later scenes, but he has a great voice, very charming energy, and really spits fire on the more intense rap verses.  I hope he is able to go on more often in the future.

BroadwayConcierge
#882HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 12:18pm

Great! Thanks so much for the info.

Also, any word yet on when James Monroe Iglehart's first performance will be? 

neonlightsxo
#883HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 12:53pm

Does anyone know if Brandon and Lexi will be staying past a year? Their years are coming up soon...

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#884HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 1:24pm

I saw the show last week and was completely underwhelmed. I absolutely loved it the first time I saw it with the OBC and instantly became my favorite show, but after this past viewing, I'm not sure. The show just felt really low on energy and something felt like it was missing. I don't know what it was, but I look forward to seeing the tour and to hopefully have my feelings back to before.  

BroadwayConcierge
#885HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/6/17 at 1:32pm

LesWickedly said: "I saw the show last week and was completely underwhelmed. I absolutely loved it the first time I saw it with the OBC and instantly became my favorite show, but after this past viewing, I'm not sure. The show just felt really low on energy and something felt like it was missing. I don't know what it was, but I look forward to seeing the tour and to hopefully have my feelings back to before."

I sadly have to agree with you, LesWickedly. My most recent return visit to the show was deeply underwhelming, and made me realize how special that original cast was. Though I think some of the replacement principals are quite wonderful (I think Brandon Victor Dixon is an inspired Burr, and Lexi Lawson has some beautiful moments as Eliza), I was really disappointed by some of the others (I found Mandy Gonzalez's "Satisfied" to be a massive letdown and Bryan Terrell Clark to be a simply "okay" Washington). Hoping to head back with new cast members in the coming months...

BroadwayConcierge
neonlightsxo
#887HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/7/17 at 4:36pm

LesWickedly said: "I saw the show last week and was completely underwhelmed. I absolutely loved it the first time I saw it with the OBC and instantly became my favorite show, but after this past viewing, I'm not sure. The show just felt really low on energy and something felt like it was missing. I don't know what it was, but I look forward to seeing the tour and to hopefully have my feelings back to before.  "

I think it has to do with the magic of a company that rehearses and opens together vs not. I found the Chicago cast to be quite magical this past month. Not that it will affect their bottom line, but it's clear that the Broadway replacements would do well with a better rehearsal/put in process

Updated On: 4/7/17 at 04:36 PM

novanoto
#888HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/7/17 at 6:36pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "JMI and BDJ join the cast on the same day: April 14!

http://www.playbill.com/article/james-monroe-iglehart-sets-start-date-for-broadways-hamilton

"

anyone have any idea of when they'll be in the roles until? Thanks! 

BroadwayConcierge
#889HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/13/17 at 2:10pm

There's a new Laf/Jef and King in town starting tomorrow night! Anybody going to the show soon who can report back?

DebraR
#890HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/13/17 at 2:24pm

I completely agree!  I saw it with the original cast last year and again on March 28th with my daughter, who had been looking forward to it since its opening.  She is a huge fan of the story and music.  The night we went the energy level was so far below the original time I saw it.  None of the magic that was there the first time.  I couldn't put my finger on why but it was really disappointing.  We were really disappointed.

LesWickedly said: "I saw the show last week and was completely underwhelmed. I absolutely loved it the first time I saw it with the OBC and instantly became my favorite show, but after this past viewing, I'm not sure. The show just felt really low on energy and something felt like it was missing. I don't know what it was, but I look forward to seeing the tour and to hopefully have my feelings back to before.  

"

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#891HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/13/17 at 2:36pm

Does anyone know what Javi's current performance schedule is? My impression is that there is no longer a set day where he is out and Jon Rua is on, is this the case?

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#892HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/13/17 at 2:41pm

LesWickedly said: "I saw the show last week and was completely underwhelmed. I absolutely loved it the first time I saw it with the OBC and instantly became my favorite show, but after this past viewing, I'm not sure. The show just felt really low on energy and something felt like it was missing. I don't know what it was, but I look forward to seeing the tour and to hopefully have my feelings back to before.  

"

That's a bummer. I saw it a few months ago and thought that Javier Munoz and Brian Terrell Clark were amazing. That said, the Chicago cast definitely had a lot more energy and seemed to have a lot more fun with the roles than NYC.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#893HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/13/17 at 2:56pm

DebraR said: "I completely agree!  I saw it with the original cast last year and again on March 28th with my daughter, who had been looking forward to it since its opening.  She is a huge fan of the story and music.  The night we went the energy level was so far below the original time I saw it.  None of the magic that was there the first time.  I couldn't put my finger on why but it was really disappointing.  We were really disappointed.

"

Saw it the night after and glad it wasn't just me feeling this way. Hopefully the tour amends those feelings.

toofunktastic2
#894HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/13/17 at 3:00pm

ChairinMain said: "Does anyone know what Javi's current performance schedule is? My impression is that there is no longer a set day where he is out and Jon Rua is on, is this the case?

"

Definitely Sundays and I'm pretty sure Wednesday mats.  Donald was on for yesterday. 

Boday
#895HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/15/17 at 7:52am

I was lucky enough to see Hamilton last night for BDJ and JMI's first night. (Previously I've seen OBC and Chicago circa Joshua Henry casts)

BDJ was brilliant, of course.

JMI: oh my god. I wanted to share with you guys how amazing he was, but now that I'm typing I realize I'm speechless! While watching him, it was hard to believe that this role wasn't written just for him. Already on his first night, he'd added his own flair to certain lines and I'm sure that will only get better as time goes on. In my opinion, he stole the show and if you get to see him, you're very lucky!

TenuousBond
#896HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/15/17 at 8:21am

Boday said: "I was lucky enough to see Hamilton last night for BDJ and JMI's first night. (Previously I've seen OBC and Chicago circa Joshua Henry casts)

BDJ was brilliant, of course.

JMI: oh my god. I wanted to share with you guys how amazing he was, but now that I'm typing I realize I'm speechless! While watching him, it was hard to believe that this role wasn't written just for him. Already on his first night, he'd added his own flair to certain lines and I'm sure that will only get better as time goes on. In my opinion, he stole the show and if you get to see him, you're very lucky!

"

I saw the show last week, so I didn't get to see him (disappointed), but I was trying to imagine how he would be, and the roles seemed more tame than how I imagined. For example, during the Reynold's Pamphlet, Jefferson and Madison aren't that flamboyant as they taunt Hamilton. How was he in this part?

Boday
#897HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/15/17 at 9:00am

In my opinion, he totally hammed it up and the entire audience was laughing hysterically during Reynolds Pamphlet. I'm sorry I don't remember specifically what he did or how, just that everyone was laughing so hard!

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#898HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/16/17 at 4:44am

HAMILTON Principal Cast ReplacementsI was really looking forward to seeing James in Hamilton (loved him in Aladdin) but when I learned Brian would come back as King, I really wanted to see him in the role that he originated.  

With my ailing mom back in the hospital again and my own new health issues, I didn't think it was a good time to do the cancellation line, I came home after work feeling bummed about everything, turned on my desktop to see if there was a face value ticket on Ticketmaster and at 6pm, there was one for the 8pm show!  One blue dot next to two pink resale dots.  I found it strange that the dots were in the Hamilton lottery row.  I thought an unclaimed lottery seat would go to the cancellation line.  And still wondering on all the scenarios on how the other two were being resold.  Anyways, everyday I say that life is short, live it to the fullest, do what you love, or buy what you love cuz you can't take it with you.  At the end, one will only have memories.

So I went to the show and I was so glad that I did.  James did wonderfully in his dual roles.  It was the first time I haven't had Daveed cross my mind while watching.  James made it his own and really owned it.  For anyone wondering, yes he does jump off the table in Guns and Ships--and his opening speed rap was very clear, easy to listen and follow.  I didn't find that flow with Seth or Andrew.  His Jefferson was just as I imagined, the right amount of comedy and flair.  

Brian is the 4th King I've seen and I think he's my favorite.  I love this role so much because it's minimal and each actor who has played it brought a different style and feel to the kind of king you'll get.  

At the end, they held a Broadway Cares auction.  Up for grabs was an item made especially for cast members on opening night.  It was an image of what looked like a gold embossed Hamilton cast silhouette on the Hamilton star...And signed by Lin.  Bidding started at a few hundred and with every increasing bid the cast members were on the floor and running around the stage.  After about 7 minutes of bidding, it went for $15,000.00  Glad it's going to a good cause.  Made me wonder what other show has been able to raise so much on one item.  My sister told me Glenn Close's gloves were auctioned off for $3000 last month.

i had a great night.  It cheered me up.  I absolutely love the theater!

Updated On: 4/16/17 at 04:44 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#899HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/16/17 at 6:31am

Wow, thanks for these reports about James and Brian! I have tickets for May 5, and I'm very excited. It will be my first time revisiting the show in a year. I haven't wanted to see it since the OBC left.  I loved Brian's performance as the King at the Public, and I'm so happy he's back in the show. 

It's amazing there was a face-value ticket available too! 

Videos