pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 39

The Official TDF Thread

@z5
#950The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:47pm

On a side note, due to weather idk if I can go to Three Tall Wlmen tmrw night any idea if they’d do anything about that because of the weather situation ?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#951The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:56pm

@z5, right on their page they have a weather warning note and what to do.

BuddyStarr, using my tablet and having the same problem.

Excited, got a ticket to HARRY CLARKE on tdf.

Just give the world Love.

@z5
#952The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/6/18 at 11:04pm

Thanks ! Good to know.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#953The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 12:18am

Dolly tonight. Seat was Center Mezz, Row C on the aisle. Buzz around me was that others were on TDF. Paid triple the price for this row in the summer to see Bette Midler.

The show is still beyond a level of joy I could imagine. Loved every second yet again.

Caye2
#954The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 10:50am

Angels in America- TDF Locations
Posted: 3/6/18 at 1:24pm

Just picked up my TDF seats for today and tomorrow. I got center orchestra row R!

In reference to the message posted in a different thread above...curious about when we are allowed to pick up TDF tickets.  All tickets that I have purchased so far have told me to "Pick your tickets up at the box office 30 minutes prior to curtain."  It appears that the person above was able to pick up their tickets in the early afternoon?  Is it different for Angels in America or can you pick up your tickets earlier than 30 mins before curtain for any show?  Would be nice to be able to do this earlier to avoid the mad rush at the theater shortly before a show starts!  

Updated On: 3/7/18 at 10:50 AM

Damiensta
#955The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 10:55am

For angels In America , they sent email saying to pick up tickets as early as noon due to lines. That’s only show TDF has sent email like that for me.

moira8
#956The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 11:00am

Caye2 said: "

In reference to the message posted in a different thread above...curious about when we are allowed to pick up TDF tickets. All tickets that I have purchased so far have told me to "Pick your tickets up at the box office 30 minutes prior to curtain." It appears that the person above was able to pick up their tickets in the early afternoon? Is it different for Angels in America or can you pick up your tickets earlier than 30 mins before curtain? Would be nice to be able to do this earlier to avoid the mad rush at the theater shortly before a show starts!

"

It all depends on the theatre. I’ve had a couple of experiences where I was asked to come back for the tickets at a later time. But for most, I’m able to pick-up tickets a couple of hours before curtain, as I always try to pick them up on the way to dinner. I have never attempted to pick them up much earlier in the day though.

Updated On: 3/7/18 at 11:00 AM

BroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
#957The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 11:32am

I went to Carousel on Monday and our TDF tickets were Front Mezz Row D center.  

10086sunset
#958The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 11:50am

My Three Tall Women seat was located in row A of the rear mezz.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#959The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 12:21pm

My Carousel seat last night was orchestra row S seat 12 (it was a good view).

Carlyx04
#960The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 1:50pm

Hello Dolly for today’s matinee orchestra J seat 9 amazing seats!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#961The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 2:39pm

Been trying all morning for Come From Away but keeps telling me it cannot be processed. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#962The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 2:44pm

RippedMan said: "Been trying all morning for Come From Away but keeps telling me it cannot be processed."

I’ve been having that problem with most shows on TDF recently. I emailed them about it, and they said it’s because other users have the tickets in their carts. I have been trying for three days to get Three Tall Women tickets, but I got that error message nonstop. It’s extremely frustrating and they need to fix it.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#963The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 2:51pm

Agreed, I shouldn't have to devote an hour to refreshing every 2 seconds.

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#964The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 2:57pm

I've never had this problem with TDF before, but the past few days have been bad. After reloading the page about 20 times throughout the course of the day yesterday, I snagged two tickets for Come From Away today. That the tickets are sitting in someone else's cart is ridiculous. I can't find a way to see my cart, and normally ticketing websites will hold tickets for X period of time (normally a few minutes, definitely not all day). Definitely a problem they need to work out. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#965The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 3:00pm

I guess I'll keep trying and hopefully see you at the show tonight!

JSquared2
#966The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 3:01pm

RippedMan said: "Agreed, I shouldn't have to devote an hour to refreshing every 2 seconds."

For all the whiners, there's nothing they need to "fix".  The big Broadway shows may only get 40-50 tickets at a time.  That means if just 20 people (the "lookie-loos"The Official TDF Thread see a listing and click to put a pair (or more) in their cart while they decide if they really want to go (or go to call their friend to see if they can make it that night), then those tickets can be held in the carts for 30 minutes before they are released back into the inventory. That's why tickets can suddenly reappear after multiple clicks.  You don't like the way the system works, you're welcome to pay full price at the box office. 

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#967The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 3:04pm

Just in case anyone was wondering:

My TDF seat for Escape to Margaritaville on Monday was Orchestra Row K, center.

It was a great seat... and that's just about all I will say! I didn't know that it came with a sing-along diva sitting next to me who couldn't carry a tune in a paper bag. There should be a disclaimer :) 

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#968The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 3:08pm

JSquared2 said: "RippedMan said: "Agreed, I shouldn't have to devote an hour to refreshing every 2 seconds."

For all the whiners, there's nothing they need to "fix". The big Broadway shows may only get 40-50 tickets at a time. That means if just20 people (the "lookie-loos"The Official TDF Threadsee a listing and click to put a pair (or more) in their cart while they decide if they really want to go (or go to call their friend to see if they can make it that night), then those tickets can be held in the carts for 30 minutes before they are released back into the inventory.That's whytickets can suddenly reappear after multiple clicks. You don't like the way the system works, you're welcome to pay full price at the box office.

"

Wait, so if those 20 people have it in their carts for 30 minutes, more sets of 20 people are doing that all day without buying them? Doesn't seem likely. It took a good 24 hours for me to be able to get mine.

JSquared2
#969The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 3:27pm

Polka Dot2 said: "JSquared2 said: "RippedMan said: "Agreed, I shouldn't have to devote an hour to refreshing every 2 seconds."

For all the whiners, there's nothing they need to "fix". The big Broadway shows may only get 40-50 tickets at a time. That means if just20 people (the "lookie-loos"The Official TDF Threadsee a listing and click to put a pair (or more) in their cart while they decide if they really want to go (or go to call their friend to see if they can make it that night), then those tickets can be held in the carts for 30 minutes before they are released back into the inventory.That's whytickets can suddenly reappear after multiple clicks. You don't like the way the system works, you're welcome to pay full price at the box office.

Wait, so if those 20 people have it in their carts for 30 minutes, more sets of 20 people are doing that all day without buying them? Doesn't seem likely. It took a good 24 hours for me to be able to get mine.
"

If the show sees that the first batch has sold out, they can choose to send over an additional batch --- which makes more tickets available.

Polka Dot2 Profile Photo
Polka Dot2
#970The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 3:30pm

I understand that. But when TDF runs out of tickets the listed disappears. That has not happened. People have been trying to get tickets all week and the listing has remained up. 

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#971The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 4:29pm

I've read TDF's instructions on what to do in terms of refunds/exchanges when they haven't cancelled performances due to the weather, but I'm curious if anyone has had any issues with past-dating tickets purchased through TDF? I'm obviously not able to make it in to the theatre this evening and as of now, the shows are on.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#972The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 4:36pm

TBone said: "I've read TDF'sinstructions on what to do in terms of refunds/exchanges when they haven't cancelled performances due to the weather, but I'm curious if anyone has had any issues with past-dating tickets purchased through TDF? I'm obviously not able to make it in to the theatre this evening and as of now, the shows are on."

I’ve had terrible luck with past-dating a TDF ticket to Once on This Island. Very frustrating.

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#973The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 7:11pm

I've been trying to find out about their policy, but I'm having no luck getting through to the number listed on the TDF website. Maybe I'll just stop by the BO tomorrow as I'll be in to see another show.

This is for Escape to Margaritaville. 

@z5
#974The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 3/7/18 at 7:39pm

For tonight's Three Tall Women, they just told em to call on a day I want to go.

Videos