pixeltracker

Now is Our Time, Ragtime: The Official Ragtime Love Thread- Page 4

Now is Our Time, Ragtime: The Official Ragtime Love Thread

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#75listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 1:11pm

PLEASE go and support this brilliant production! Go already.

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#76listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 4:17pm

I'll be there on Saturday evening as well. It'll be my fourth visit and I'm bringing some friends who've never seen it before!!
Updated On: 12/16/09 at 04:17 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#77listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 5:07pm

I'll be there next Tuesday night with my brother and sister-in-law in tow. My brother's exact words were, "If C has seen it so many times, it must be good!"

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#78listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:03pm

FYI, I had a few friends that wanted to see Ragtime tonight. One of them texted me around 6:30pm to say Ragtime wasn't on TKTS tonight AT ALL. But she then went to the box office and asked if SRO was available and they said the show wasn't sold out. So maybe 90% full tonight?? (BTW, sadly they saw Bye Bye Birdie instead.) But why wouldn't they then offer tickets at 30% off then??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#79listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:36pm

Per the cast: Christiane will be singing Back to Before on The View sometime next week

lmb1009
#80listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:55pm

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but i went to the show tonight and tried to for the lotto... but of course i lost. But they had "lotto losers tickets", they were the middle to back of the Mezz and were $32.50. It was a great deal, and a great way to fill the empty seats at the back

RoslynReynolds
#81listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:55pm

Since it's closing in January, I guess I better see it in the next couple weeks.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#82listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:01am

Yeah the lottery loser thing is fantastic. They just started it sunday night. Props to them for getting on it.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#83listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:19am

Sorry to disappoint you "Roslyn" but they have not posted a closing notice yet and business has been steadily increasing the past few weeks.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

RoslynReynolds
#84listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:59am

That's weird, my friend told me yesterday that it would be gone by the end of January; her brother plays violin in the orchestra.

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#85listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 1:11am

That may very well be the case, but they haven't officially announced anything yet.

Let's hope things continue to pick up!

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#86listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 7:13am

Roslyn, my friend told me the cast was settling in for a nice long run; her brother's friend plays violin in the hoochie bar your mama works at. Now get back to ATC where you belong.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

DottieD'Luscia
#87listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 7:32am

actscallion, exactly!! Took the words from my mouth.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

artscallion
#88listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 7:55am

Incidentally, Dottie, I heard that her mama's hoochie bar was closing on January 3rd or 17th. Something about not being able to make the daily nut, whatever that means.

DottieD'Luscia
#89listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 8:12am

Well I definitely need a ticket to that closing!

NotYourMemories Profile Photo
NotYourMemories
#90listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 11:44am

C'mon guys, stop kidding around! Today is Dec 17th, and a few weeks ago I read that reliable sources said Ragtime was going to close on Dec 13th. I guess you're all planning to go watch them take down the scenery and load the show out this weekend.

Seriously - I read on the INTERNET that it was going to close! From reliable sources! Those of you who are going this weekend let me know if you find any cool set pieces in the trash or anything like that...

artscallion
#91listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 11:56am

There was no set, NYM. That's why it closed last week. They were trying to pull off cheapness by calling it minimalist. And now they're paying. Well, not any more, since I heard it closed.

Nick Plasia
#92listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 2:01pm

Poor Ragtime.

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#93listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 3:58pm

Just to pull this thread back on track...

Doctorow's book was apparently inspired by the 1811 German novella Michael Kohlhaas by Heinrich von Kleist, which in turn was adapted from a 16th-century story Hans Kohlhase.

I have found a synopsis of Michael Kohlhaas in one of Ethan Mordden's books, and the parallel's are fascinating.

Has anyone else heard or of read this novella?

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#95listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 5:14pm

Thanks for the list of television appearances!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#96listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 5:15pm

glad to see them making the TV rounds this weekend. Will try to catch all of them.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

taylorPHENOMENON2
#97listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 5:17pm

SO glad they're getting the show out there.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#98listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 6:18pm

Great to hear that they're making the TV rounds, I'm sure it'll help them out in ticket sales.

Also awesome about that "lottery losers" tickets thing...I'm playing on Tuesday with a friend.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#99listen to THAT Ragtime.
Posted: 12/17/09 at 6:20pm

FYI: "The Kennedy Center production of Ragtime is a hit on Broadway! We would like to extend a special offer to the Center's patrons who made Time Magazine's "year's best musical" possible.

Save up to 45%: Tickets just $46.50-$67.50 (Reg. $46.50-$126.50)
Dec. 24 & Jan. 3-Jan. 15 | Neil Simon Theatre

AT THE DAWN OF A NEW CENTURY, everything is changing … and anything is possible. Direct from a sold-out extended run at the Kennedy Center, RAGTIME THE MUSICAL returns to Broadway in an acclaimed new production as ravishing as it is relevant.

For tickets visit Ticketmaster.com or call 877-250-2929 and use code KCPATR"

Videos