pixeltracker

Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album- Page 4

Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#75Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 11:09am

Raise your hand if you think "I Believe" should be the song they perform on the Tonys.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

willep
#76Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 11:13am

It shouldn't. They should do something like Man Up, which has the entire cast and Josh, Andrew, and Niki each get there moment in it.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#77Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 11:33am

"Man Up" would be a fun choice, or "Tomorrow is a Latter Day".
They absolutely have to incorporate "Hello!" into the opening, though.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#78Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 11:37am

I think they're going to end up doing a montage on the Tonys.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#79Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 11:41am

I am guessing they will do a montage of Two By Two and Turn It Off. I think they might open the Tonys with Hello.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#80Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 11:48am

The problem with performing Man Up at the Tony Awards is that, while it's a great number that incorporates the entire cast, it's too plot specific. I'm not sure the number would make sense to people who haven't seen the show.

Hello, Two By Two and Turn it Off, however, could easily be enjoyed by people who haven't seen the show and don't know the story. I usually hate montages, but I like bjh2114's idea of Two by Two and Turn it Off.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#81Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:02pm

The issue with that is that it eliminates the African ensemble completely.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#82Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:11pm

Yah, but unfortunately most of the scenes with the African ensemble contain major plot spoilers or explicit language, so shy of them pulling a Spring Awakening and bleeping out the curse words, I can't really see them doing anything. And I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense to do Tomorrow is a Latter Day.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#83Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:15pm

I think a good point of reference is The Producers, which elected to perform "Along Came Bialy" to show off their cast, even though it's not the best number or works best out of context.

Although part of me thinks they might perform an abridged "All-American Prophet".

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#84Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 12:19pm

I don't think All American Prophet is funny without the setup though. And even that doesn't really feature the African ensemble that much. They are onstage, but they just sit there.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#85Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 1:01pm

Unfortunately, nothing will be as good as Hasa Diga Eebowai. I personally think it would be worth the FCC fine, but I'm not the one making these decisions.

If I had to pick one, I would say Turn It Off. With the lights and the dance break, it makes for a much better production number.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

bwayfan7000
#86Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 1:05pm

I would be so happy if they did "Hasa Diga Eebowai", but there's absolutely no way. I say they'll do "Man Up" or a montage.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#87Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 2:32pm

Doesn't the FCC lose control over what's shown on TV after a certain time? I wanna 9? If they do then I'd love to see Hasa Diga Eebowai, if not Spooky Mormon Hell Dream.

bwayfan7000
#88Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 2:46pm

There's still no way they could do a song that has that explicit of language on national television. They would have to bleep half of the song. Spring Awakening only did a brief section with bad language, and even then, that section did not go very well. The number would KILL though...

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

TimBaase Profile Photo
TimBaase
#89Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 2:49pm

Does anyone else think that Sal Tlay Ka Siti sounds JUST like another Musical Theatre song? I can't put my finger on it.

LOVE the album, also.

As for the TONY's, I think Hello will be incorporated into the opening, and I'm gonna go on a limb and say it will be a medley performance: Hasa Diga Eebowi (abridged) and Latter Days.

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. Its when you know you're licked before you even begin, but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#90Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 3:00pm

No. Nipplegate was after 9pm; that certainly didn't stop the FCC. What you're probably thinking of is the 8pm "family hour". They used to require the first hour of primetime to be family-friendly programming. Any official rules about that went away a long, long time ago.

But no basic network would allow a song with the lyric "F*ck you God in the ass, mouth and c*nt" uncensored at any hour of the day or night.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#91Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 3:32pm

Does anyone else think that Sal Tlay Ka Siti sounds JUST like another Musical Theatre song? I can't put my finger on it.

I can sorta hear it, but I can't come up with it either. It IS the same theme as is used in the "Orlando" segment of Two By Two.

The one song from the score that DOES sound like another musical theatre song is You and Me (But Mostly Me). Chord-wise and structurally, it's essentially Defying Gravity. Give it a good listen and you'll see what I mean.

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#92Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 3:44pm

Does anyone know if Hasa Diga Eebowai is actually Ugandan, or just made-up words that are supposed to sound African?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#93Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 3:56pm

I've tried to find a Ugandan translator, but I can't seem to find one. I think it's made up.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#94Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 4:27pm

^Well that might be because Ugandan is not a language...

The official languages of Uganda are Swahili and English.

sweeneytodd2
#95Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 4:28pm

Sal Tlay Ka Siti sounds like the Laverne & Shirley theme song!!! haha

kidbroadway2
#96Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 4:30pm

Doing Man Up would be a mistake. I honesty don't care if the whole cast gets shown, even though they are all brilliant. It's like doing Along Came Bialy at the Tony's (Which was my first look at the Producers). It looked so messy and disjointed because it just didn't fit as a single piece or "sneak peak".

nomdeplume
#97Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 4:40pm

I was glad to have a chance to listen to the score and that it was made available, however, I was not impressed. It sounds like a Mormonized Lion King takeoff and a lot of it sounds the same. It's not to me at the same level as say, Titanic or The Light in the Piazza. The doorbell just reminds me of Avon lady commercials.

I don't see how the show creators could claim on the Jon Stewart show that the musical is a celebration of Mormonism and they aren't against Mormons. I'm just going by the album, not having seen the show, but It portrays the Mormons as fools, including the Africans who follow them. It skewers the history of the Mormon Church. It's a good subject for evaluation, but don't posture that it's something other than what it is. (even on Jon Stewart).

The best part is the edgy complaints against God for forgetting the Uganda people in the time of the scourge of AIDS, etc., but that gets lost. Further, I have read many times of South African men raping babies in the belief it will cure their AIDs, but not of Uganda. Idi Amin was believed to have syphilis, perhaps tertiary. The countries are pretty far away. I don't know how far that superstition spreads across Africa, so I was surprised to hear it also being attributed to Uganda.
Idi Amin

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#98Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 5:14pm

I'm not sure how you can fairly compare any musical comedy score to Light in the Piazza.

The show is absolutely not anti-Mormon or religion in any sense. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have already expressed this same sentiment in re: Mormonism in South Park, that what one believes in doesn't matter as long as the results are positive. Yes, it casts a dubious eye at the beliefs of the Latter-Day Saints, but the same eye can be cast on any religion. Why was it the Mormons? Well, it's so American. And modern in comparison to every other religion.

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#99Free Streaming of Book of Mormon Cast Album
Posted: 5/10/11 at 5:16pm

What does it mean when something is "Mormonized?"

I don't see how it can be considered a Lion King take-off. Other than the fact that they are both set on the same continent, the shows have nothing in common.

Videos