pixeltracker

The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ? - Page 4

The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#75The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 5/29/16 at 12:22am

Just got back from the show- my seats turned out to be awesome. The show was beyond words- I just can't!!!

Darreyl with an L!

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#76The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:29pm

BUMP

How has the rush line been lately?  I was planning on stopping by the theatre on the 8th of July with two other people to try to get rush tickets.

What are the prices like as well?

Notreallysilent 2
#77The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:47pm

I rushed on tony day and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. I got there at 7:30/8 and I was first in line (keep in mind it was a Sunday so the box office opens at 12). The second person came within minutes after me. By the end it was probably right by the schoenfeldtheater. But other days I noticed it was even longer than that. Passed the schoenfeld doors. This rush seems still to be a hard one to get, so if your planning on going definitely get there very early to ensure your spot.

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 09:47 PM

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#78The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 11:26pm

How much were your seats and how were they?

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#79The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 12:06am

I rushed on Saturday .  Got there at 8am was about 20-25th in line.  Rush was sold out but I got 2 $50 tickets 5th row side seat.  Marked partial view but the way it's staged you see all the action.Saw everything perfectly.  They offered that and standing room.

Notreallysilent 2
#80The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 10:16am

My tickets were $35 each. I was in the front box, and I have to say those were probably the best box seats I have ever sat in. however, the color purple normally only sells box seats for $35. But once the $35 seats are all gone you can buy $50 partial view seats. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#81The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 4:30pm

Looking to rush on Thursday to get two (possibly three) tickets. Should 7:30 be good if they open at 10? Or should I plan to be there by 7 or even 6:45?

themaelstrom
#82The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:14am

Hi gleek4114, if you're reading this now, you may be too late to get any rush tickets... was rushing yesterday, arrived at 7.10 am and was already 14th in line. By 8am, there were already 60 people or so in line. First person was there before 6am!

I got box seats. Would have preferred orchestra. If I had to do it again, I would have gone at 6.30 so I had options on where to seat... hope this helps. :)

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#83The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/14/16 at 10:53am

can you request orchestra though? I always thought for rush you just get what they give you? 

I bought TKTS tix for this show a few weeks ago and sat in mezz. Since choreography isn't really big on this production, I think a closer seat in orch or box seat would have been better.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#84The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/14/16 at 10:59am

I had read other reports, so I was there at 6:20 this morning and was 3rd in line. I got 3 seats in Box C. I hear the boxes are actually pretty good for this show. Super excited to see it (even though Danielle is out). 

danielm1
#85The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/27/16 at 11:44am

Hey guys sorry to ask but I'm a newbie who has never done this before. I'm planning to be there this upcoming Saturday (July 30) at 7 a.m. I was wondering where I actually go (location) to line up? Thanks a lot and sorry if its a dumb question. I searched online and it said the "theater box office" but I'm not sure where that is.

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
ANewBrainn
#86The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/27/16 at 12:19pm

I got to the theatre at 7 am and was 3rd in line for Rush but this was before the Tonys so I think it may have gotten more popular since then.  The theatre box office is in the lobby of the Jacobs theatre 242 W 45th Street.

danielm1
#87The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/27/16 at 1:13pm

Thank you so much AnewBrain!

Lady, Esq.
#88The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/28/16 at 8:47pm

I am a newbie as well and plan to get tickets for either show this Saturday (July 30).  Since I am going to be arriving much later than 7 am, is there a different line for the evening show that starts after the matinee or would I need to get into the same line to get evening tickets?  

ArtMan
#89The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/28/16 at 9:00pm

Lady, Esq. said: "I am a newbie as well and plan to get tickets for either show this Saturday (July 30).  Since I am going to be arriving much later than 7 am, is there a different line for the evening show that starts after the matinee or would I need to get into the same line to get evening tickets?  

If you are arriving after 7 am but before 10 am, it is just one line.

danielm1
#90The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/30/16 at 12:28pm

In case anyone is wondering, I was there around 6:40 a.m. today and was 7th in line and managed to get 2 rush tickets for $70 total. By 7 am there were already approx. 7 people behind me so definitely be there before 7 if you want to have a good chance of getting tickets. By 10 there were at least 60-70 people in line. I just watched some movies on my phone and the time passed by really quickly.

hes16
#91The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/30/16 at 1:08pm

Where are your seats?

Lady, Esq.
#92The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 7/31/16 at 6:34pm

danielm1 said: "In case anyone is wondering, I was there around 6:40 a.m. today and was 7th in line and managed to get 2 rush tickets for $70 total. By 7 am there were already approx. 7 people behind me so definitely be there before 7 if you want to have a good chance of getting tickets. By 10 there were at least 60-70 people in line. I just watched some movies on my phone and the time passed by really quickly.
"

I was there yesterday as well and got to the line after 10.  Though there was a line, it was moving as not everyone there wanted rush tickets for that day.  I missed out on rush tickets for the evening show but did get secondary rush.  My seat was in the rear mezzanine on the side.  The sound was loud enough and I could see the whole show.  I never felt like I wasn't engaged in the performance.

Honestly, to see this whole cast, I would sit anywhere because I enjoyed it that much.  

danielm1
#93The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 8/1/16 at 1:04am

hes16 said: "Where are your seats?

"The seats were absolutely AMAZING "box" seats. So basically imagine sitting on the 2nd floor of the 4th row. We were really close to the performers and at one point they even directly waved at us! We were surprised why the seats were so cheap because only 1/2 a song was blocked for like 1 minute in the entire show! And as for the show I have nothing more to add. It was one of the best things I have seen in my entire life and Cynthia Erivo sings like a goddess in the heavens! She got two separate standing ovations which were much deserved!

bwayluver2
#94The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 8/7/16 at 8:34am

Got there today Sunday 8/7 at 7:15am and was second in line. Now 8:30am and there are 10 people in line. Box office opens at noon today.

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#95The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 8/7/16 at 10:02am

I'm planning to line up next Sunday for rush tickets so this is really helpful! Thanks so much and please post more updates today! :) 

bwayluver2 said: "Got there today Sunday 8/7 at 7:15am and was second in line. Now 8:30am and there are 10 people in line. Box office opens at noon today.

"

bwayluver2
#96The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 8/10/16 at 10:25am

By 9am the line was up to about 20 and by 11am 50+. So I'd say get there 7-7:30 to be safe. I believe they only give out the 16 box seats at $35 (which are incredible for this show!)

bwayluver2
#97The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 8/10/16 at 10:26am

Sorry 7:30-8 is what I meant.

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#98The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 8/10/16 at 10:55am

Thank you so much for the update! Very helpful. One more question, I can't picture if there is anywhere to take shelter from the rain outside of the theater. Like at Hamilton you can sit on the steps under the awning, but for The Color Purple should we bring our umbrellas Sunday morning? Thanks in advance! 

Notreallysilent 2
#99The Color Purple - rush/student tickets ?
Posted: 8/10/16 at 11:35am

You should bring an umbrella just in case. Even 7:30-8 might not get you first or second place on a sunday, so you'll definitely be outside if that does happen. I can't remember if when I was in line if I was covered by the marquee. But yeah definitely bring an umbrella. 

Videos