pixeltracker

Andy Karl performance schedule- Page 4

Andy Karl performance schedule

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#75Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 7:03pm

Someone in a Tree2, you'll just need to keep checking the website to see if there's any new info about if AK will be out or not.  It's constantly updated.  

Right now there's nothing there as he's not scheduled to be out.  But, when he was out, that is where it was posted.  Hope you can see him.  AK was fantastic!  I really enjoyed his performance.  

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#76Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 7:31pm

Why does Andy Karl or anyone else owe us an explanation on why he was out of the show? How is that any business of ours? 

If he or the show chooses to provide one, that's fine, but no one should be tweeting or calling Jujamcyn Theaters demanding an explanation. 

HSky
#77Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/7/17 at 8:46pm

He seemed fine vocally and physically at the matinee today, it likely was just the chance to break up the run of shows.

10086Sundays
#78Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/8/17 at 12:27am

Mark Hamill was at GHD tonight.  Nobody's going to call out when a Jedi is in the house.

(There may have been a technical issue in act 1.  Insert joke about using the force to fix it here.)

Updated On: 6/8/17 at 12:27 AM

UncleCharlie
#79Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/8/17 at 1:23am

HSky said: "He seemed fine vocally and physically at the matinee today, it likely was just the chance to break up the run of shows. 

I was at the matinee as well and agree he seemed to be fine and sounded great. That is a really bulky knee brace he is wearing. Props to him for his agility and making his movements seem effortless while having to wear that thing.

corbucketty
#80Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/8/17 at 8:10am

Pretty sure he is not planning on surgery, at least from what I've heard.

10086Sundays
#81Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/9/17 at 1:06am

Saw the show tonight. Andy was in and gave the best performance yet out of all times I've seen the show. He keeps finding new humor as well as new emotional depths to reach. 

Alex Lacamoire was there. Almost as cool as Luke Skywalker.

Also, no tech glitches save a 2 second mic issue with "Fred."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#82Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/9/17 at 6:27am

HSky said: "He seemed fine vocally and physically at the matinee today, it likely was just the chance to break up the run of shows. 

"

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

10086Sundays
#83Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/9/17 at 6:08pm

Your response got cut off drama. 

10086Sundays
#84Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/13/17 at 2:36pm

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 02:36 PM

HSky
#85Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:01pm

Happy to report Andy Karl is no longer wearing the black knee brace and now wears a white compression sleeve.

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 06:01 PM

10086Sundays
#86Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:07pm

HSky said: "Happy to report Andy Karl is no longer wearing the black knee brace and now wears a white compression sleeve."

That's great news, I assume/hope that means his recovery is going well.

Gotta admit, part of me will miss the black knee brace. Although, I know he's eager to be rid of any reminder of the injury. 

clb10162
#87Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:21pm

HSky said: "Happy to report Andy Karl is no longer wearing the black knee brace and now wears a white compression sleeve.

"

This is really recent.  I saw the show again Monday evening and he was still wearing the black brace then.  I'm still amazed at how well he's been able to move on stage for the past several weeks.

greenifyme2
#88Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:31pm

clb10162 said: "HSky said: "Happy to report Andy Karl is no longer wearing the black knee brace and now wears a white compression sleeve.

"

This is really recent.  I saw the show again Monday evening and he was still wearing the black brace then.  I'm still amazed at how well he's been able to move on stage for the past several weeks.

"

I was at the show last night and he was wearing the black brace. Must've gotten the clear by his dr this morning! 

HSky
#89Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/14/17 at 6:46pm

Yeah, he mentioned when someone asked him at the stage door that he got the go ahead today to downgrade from the brace.

(And all occurrences of the brace have been updated accordingly... Andy Karl performance schedule )

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 06:46 PM

Malka2 Profile Photo
Malka2
#90Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/14/17 at 10:07pm

HSky said: "Happy to report Andy Karl is no longer wearing the black knee brace and now wears a white compression sleeve.

"

Oh wow, great news! I saw the show Monday night (6/12) and he was still wearing the black brace.

I found the brace a very moving and inspirational visual, of how dedicated he is to his art and his dream and his team and the audience. I loved the show, but "Champions adjust" was my biggest takeaway.

Notreallysilent 2
#91Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/18/17 at 3:38pm

I have a question about his scheduled week off. Before when clicking on Ticketmaster for one of the performances in the week of the 26th it would give you a note saying Andy was going to be absent and who was going to be playing Phil (I believe it was Sean was the 26-28 matinee and Andrew as the 28 evening to the rest of the week). However I was checking again and now there is no note for any of the performances. Is Andy now going to be in for that week or do you think it's just Ticketmaster just took down the note?

10086Sundays
#92Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/18/17 at 4:17pm

I don't know, but you could always call Ticketmaster and ask.

I hope it doesn't mean that he's postponed his vacation because the show will be closing soon.  It's sad to see how poorly sold it is.

Every time that "Roman Holiday" thread gets bumped, I'm afraid someone's going to post that they heard it's going into the August Wilson, since the, third hand, rumor is they have a theater lined up and are just waiting for the current show to close.

Lucette
#93Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/19/17 at 9:04am

That's really disappointing to hear and I hope it doesn't turn out to be true but it's very disappointing - or I should say infuriating - to see about 500 unsold seats for this coming Friday night.

This is such a great show and the cast works so hard and deserves so much more recognition. I cannot fathom how management has completely botched the promotion and marketing so badly - based on audience reception they should be doing great business.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#94Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/19/17 at 9:38am

I am an enthusiast about Groundhog Day and think the score is absolutely lovely, but you know how they say a musical needs to find an audience? Not sure what GHD ever found its audience. 

Bronx Tale - sort of found its audience with the type of people who loved Jersey Boys, etc.

War Paint - audience was fans of the diva vehicles - had both Christine Ebersole and Patti Lupone

Sunset Boulevard - Glenn Close. Duh.

Hello Dolly - Bette. Duh.

Come From Away - audience/family friendly, brings back memories of 9/11, got good word of mouth, cheap show to run. Also besides Hello Dolly! the only really "feel good' musical of the season.

Great Comet - fans of Josh Groban, also theater nerds love it

Dear Evan Hansen - a huge hit with teens and millenials, also carved out a niche among the theater-going public that enjoys really serious musicals

On the other hand, GHD is not very audience friendly, the humor is sardonic and rather cruel, Andy Karl is great but can't carry a show the way Glenn Close or Bette can, it's expensive to run. I mean I personally loved it but can see how in this season it just didn't find its audience.

Updated On: 6/19/17 at 09:38 AM

Notreallysilent 2
#95Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/19/17 at 1:05pm

Yeah this really was a fantastic show, it's sad it wasn't able its audience. I also just realized the vacation note dissapeared from todaytix so I guess it is cancelled or moved

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#96Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/19/17 at 1:44pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "Yeah this really was a fantastic show, it's sad it wasn't able its audience. I also just realized the vacation note dissapeared from todaytix so I guess it is cancelled or moved

"

Good to know considering Im seeing the show on June 28. 

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

10086Sundays
#97Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/19/17 at 2:14pm

poisonivy2, I agree with your assessment. I think after the London success they were expecting it to catch on the same way without having to do anything different.  I don't know how much or what kind of advertising they did there, but obviously it didn't work here.  Tim Minchin probably helped sell it on the West End, which he doesn't here.  

Hindsight is 50-50, of course, but they should have just stayed open in London and waited for another season.  Of course, with FrozenBand's Visit, etc coming this year, I don't know if there would be a better time.  Tim Minchin said they want to bring it back to the UK.  I wonder how well it will do if it returns.

Also, being up on 52nd street isn't helping, especially with all the hit shows contained on one block right now.

The grosses last week will be interesting, since I feel they had a post-Tonys bump from people hoping to see it post-win, if it had won. I think this week's will tell the real story.  And it's sad.  I just hope I'm able to get there to see the final show whenever it is.

Updated On: 6/19/17 at 02:14 PM

HBBrock
#98Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/19/17 at 2:30pm

Why don't we all wait to see what the grosses this week look like? It's last five weeks have been the strongest of the run.

10086Sundays
#99Andy Karl performance schedule
Posted: 6/23/17 at 1:37pm

Andrew Call is on as Phil Connors again tonight.  He was also on last night.

Andy has a cold, but will back tomorrow, per his twitter.

Updated On: 6/23/17 at 01:37 PM

Videos