Best Glinda

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#75re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 2:02pm

Well PJ. You can't blame that on JLT. It's not her fault Stephen didn't write the score with those coloratura notes Kristin sang.

Anyway JLT is more of a mezzo - but she did a beautiful job in Wicked.

JLTfan211
#76re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 3:13pm

I never saw Kristin as Glinda, just clips, and I'm seeing Megan soon, but I absolutely loved Jennifer. So maybe she can't hit all the amazing high notes Kristin did, I still think she did the role incredibly. She makes the whole audience laugh, from what I saw with almost everything she did. She's an amazing person, besides in the role. One of the sweetest people I've ever met.

sassypanz
#77re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 3:44pm

Why does everyone love Kristen so much? Her singing is amazing but her acting is just flat and low-key boring. And Kendra is ok and has improved a lot since the beginning but she is far to sexual in popular (playing with her boobs and feeling her butt). JLT IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#78re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 4:11pm

Mrs. Florenz Zigfield aka Billie Burke

Mind is Mantra.

KristinChenowethFan
#79re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 4:13pm

My opinion
JLT...YUCK!
Kristin Chenoweth...WONDERFUL (AS ALL OF YOU KNOW!)
MEGAN HILTY...FANTASTIC!

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#80re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 4:30pm

Sarah Brightman

#81re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 4:34pm

I'm gonna have to go with Billie Burk as well... :) Glad other people thought of that too...

Also, Kristen improvised several of the lines that are now in the frozen script. Honestly, she really IS the role... and to whoever said her acting was flat, I don't know what horrible performance you caught, but she's definately 3 dimensional.

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#82re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 5:37pm

I think i don't like JLT cause she doesn't sing coloratura. I think that that kinda defines glinda.

I also think that kristin just LOOKS the part more than any of them

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#83re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 5:37pm

I think i don't like JLT cause she doesn't sing coloratura. I think that that kinda defines glinda.

I also think that kristin just LOOKS the part more than any of them

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#84re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 5:49pm

Glinda dosen't require a coloratura voice. If I'm not mistaken - Kendra isn't a coloratura - and I don't think Kate Reinders is, and they both do great in the role.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#85re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 8:47pm

GGirl, this is all payback from what you did to phantom-sumthin. Seriously though, I really don't wanna insult you, I was only kidding, you seem very mature for your age which is admirable.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#86re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/2/05 at 11:03pm

i definetly liked Kristin better, Kendra is not quite as peppy as i think that Glinda should be in the beginning. that's all

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

Broadway_Babe00 Profile Photo
Broadway_Babe00
#87re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/3/05 at 12:13am

Well I am a huge Kris fan. She is hands down my fave and c'mon she can sing ANYTHING!!!! But I just saw Megan Hilty in NY and I didn't think she was too bad. Her range is out of sigh but I think she changed her style way too frequently in Popular. Meg...eh. Kris deffinitly #1!

To days of inspiration, playing hookie, making somethin' out of nothin', the need to express, to communicate, to going against the grain, going insane, going mad....To being an us for once instead of a them...La Vie Boheme

DirtyRottenBrandon Profile Photo
DirtyRottenBrandon
#88re: Best Glinda
Posted: 8/3/05 at 2:58am

I've seen Kristin and Kendra. To me Kristin was the far more effective. Kendra, while very funny, was so over the top, and aware of the audience, that it tainted any seriousness of the part, and yes, there definitely is some. All of her little flourishes and kicks are initially entertaining, but after a while, you realise that she has merely created an elaborate cariacature. Her Glinda was not "real" to me. Kristin, managed to bring the right amount of reality and comedy to the part. Along with having the most heavenly voice on Broadway. I have not seen the others, but from what I have seen, she is the best!

Gimme Great Big Stuff!

Tap16 Profile Photo
Tap16
#89re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 4:21pm

wow i saw Megan Hilty as Glinda and her Popular is just hilarious. Kristin is still my favorite, but megan is a close second place. =)

have they changed the glinda wig?

RENThead414
#90re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 4:40pm

Kate Reinders was HYSTERICAL on her last night....SO funny.....I've seen the show several times but I've never laughed that hard at some of the silly Glinda things she did

Dancinqueen123 Profile Photo
Dancinqueen123
#91re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 4:42pm

The only Glinda I've ever seen was Kendra. So I have to honestly say that she's my favorite because I can't compare her performance to anyone else.

<--Sometimes it's easier to get out of a jam than into one

LaVieHilary Profile Photo
LaVieHilary
#92re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 6:05pm

Kendra Kassenbaum was the most comedic
Kristen was the most original
JLT I thought was most talented

--all such great qualities in a Glinda--

-------------------------
Light in the Piazza with Megan and Emi
"Girl you got money runnin' in yo bloodline."-Carl the Bartender

NYC4Life Profile Photo
NYC4Life
#93re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 6:23pm

Ms. Kristin Chenoweth

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#94re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 7:20pm

Hmmm...

Well, I would have to go with JLT. She and Idina were amazing together, and they were my first experience with Wicked. On the OBCR, I do like Idina and Kristin's blend, but from the clips I've seen of Kristin, she was funny, but not as funny as JLT, and her voice can get annoying. Megan Hilty was funny, but I thought Kendra Kassenbaum was hilarious. Megan has a better voice for Galinda than Kendra, but I liked how Kendra didn't really try to copy Cheno. SO overall, my fave has definately been JLT. As you can see by my avatar.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#95re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 7:22pm

Oh, and I thought that JLT looked prettiest in the costumes, makeup, and wig. She's beautiful.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

#96re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 8:06pm

I've only seen Megan and Kendra so I can't really say who was the best Galinda. But I thought Megan was hysterical and I love the development from conceited to good.

greenegirl87
#97re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 8:19pm

I absolutely ADORE Megan Hilty as Glinda. I think she is an amazing performer and has really grown into the part well. I am seeing her for the third time in February and am thrilled about it. She does a gazillion little things that really make the part shine, and to top it off Megan has an amazing voice.

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#98re: Best Glinda
Posted: 1/28/06 at 9:02pm

I have to say I saw Megan and loved her too... she was adorable! After the show she came out to sign autographs and a younger girl next to me had glitter on her face and she said "Oh glitter! I am all about the glitter!" It was like she was Glinda lol

"That boy could use some Prozac"

Videos