pixeltracker

Casting for the Little Mermad- Page 4

Casting for the Little Mermad

Up In Lost
#75re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 4:37pm

Until she does you can go see her in Miracle Brothers, off-Broadway. I think previews start Friday!

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

JulieJordan
#76re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 5:34pm

Not that disney would ever do it. But how about thinking "non-traditional". Anika Noni Rose.

Barnaby12345 Profile Photo
Barnaby12345
#77re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 6:04pm

Kerry Butler is great but didn't sound too good on the demo

charliebrownkid Profile Photo
charliebrownkid
#79re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 6:16pm

i second Anneliese van der Pol

Broadwaygirl22 Profile Photo
Broadwaygirl22
#80re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 6:26pm

Megan McGinnis should play Ariel!

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#81re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 7:40pm

Anika Noni Rose - YES. I am all for that! (But I doubt white-bread Disney would even consider such a thing)

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#82re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 7:48pm

Megan McGinnis as Ariel and Jennifer Holliday as Ursula would be perfection.

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#83re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 7:49pm

Could someone PM me if they have Kerry Butler singing "Part of Your World" in the workshop, not the Seth's Bway Chatterbox one? Thanks!!

theatreboi11
#84re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 8:17pm

Is Disney moving out any other shows before they bring this one in or are they just going to take over every single theatre???

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

wickedkiwi Profile Photo
wickedkiwi
#85re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 8:25pm

i want a PM for that part of your world thing too!!

also, does anybody know how i could find out about an open call for Mermaid? or any other shows, for that matter. its just i have no idea how that stuff works. thanks!

Tenme por lo que soy, por lo que puedo ser, y si te importo hoy, tenme nena, o vete!

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#86re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 8:33pm

Hey, if someone could PM Part of your world also, I would really appreciate it!

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

Illegally Blondish Profile Photo
Illegally Blondish
#87re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 9:42pm

Isn't it linked on Kerry's website?

Born2cthelightsofbway
#88re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 9:48pm

Let me check.
I didn't find it, could someone please send me the link or PM? THANKS

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"
Updated On: 8/23/05 at 09:48 PM

Up In Lost
#89re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 10:00pm

The one at Seth's is on her website.

http://kerrybutler.net/news.htm

You'll need to scroll down a little. Also, please, if you have something bad to say, just don't.

Well, I'm glad he got away with it.

Born2cthelightsofbway
#90re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 10:03pm

I'm sorry, I need to, that was so bad.

Rentjenn Profile Photo
Rentjenn
#91re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/23/05 at 10:14pm

Kerry Butler. Period. Rather Exclamation Point. (though I do admit the prospect of Celia would not be bad)

If Michael Bennet had seen her turn as a teenager in Opposite of Sex, he'd even have to admit how good she is. Check that, he'd even have to glow about her as much as anything to do with Light in the Piazza.

There are two ways of spreading light - to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#92re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:14am

I think Kerry's AMAZING on Seth's Chatterbox. She's freaking incredible and I REALLY REALLY hope she gets the role of Ariel. I hope that Disney pulls it off.

wickedkiwi Profile Photo
wickedkiwi
#93re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:29am

i think her voice is a little too...cartoonish, in the bad way.

in this recording at least...if she uses that voice during the whole show she'd be really annoying i think. to squeaky. but i know she's also faking the voice, cuase sometimes it doent show through. if she stopped then she'd prolly be amazing in the role.

Tenme por lo que soy, por lo que puedo ser, y si te importo hoy, tenme nena, o vete!

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#94re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:46am

Anika Noni Rose would be brilliant as Ariel! Just the other day I was saying to myself "Where is that girl?" Is the PURLIE revival still in the works?

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

zzannahk Profile Photo
zzannahk
#95re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:50am

How old is she? it kinda sounds like she's just trying to make herself sound younger

Broadway Matt Profile Photo
Broadway Matt
#96re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 11:29am

Kerry is somewhere in the 35-38 range. Anika is probably in her early or mid twenties

"The last train out of any station will not be full of nice guys." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"I wash my face, then drink beer, then I weep. Say a prayer and induce insincere self-abuse, till I'm fast asleep"- In Trousers

leefowler
#97re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:25pm

Someone said that Disney was unlikely to use "non-traditional" casting for "Little Mermaid". Not to defend Disney, but since Lion King and Aida both used "non-traditional" casting, and since Belle has already been played by Asian and black actresses, I don't know what you're talking about.

Behind the fake tinsel of Broadway is real tinsel.

MisterRussell Profile Photo
MisterRussell
#98re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 1:30pm

Actually, i believe that somewhere in the film, Ariel is referred to as 16.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#99re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 2:44pm

"I mean nothing's wrong w/ Disney it's just there's a lot of it on Broadway..."

As of now, there is only Lion King and Beauty and the Beast...two shows seems like A LOT to me...

I think Megan McGinnis and Jess Grove are also great choices.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

kate2
#100re: Casting for the Little Mermad
Posted: 8/24/05 at 5:11pm

jenn gambatese for ariel, if not i'd like to see a new face

i think it'd be fun to have gambatese and jackson paired up, they have great chemistry together!

Videos