News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Producers Trailer Here, Seriously- Page 4

Producers Trailer Here, Seriously

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#75Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:11am

Why I love Fall/Winter:
Halloween
RENT
Thanksgiving
The Producers
The birth of the lord.

It's like God planned this in advance. Now that's good book keeping!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#76Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:15am

Has anyone heard any other news about the fate of "King of Broadway" since that first reported screening. I see clips of it in the trailer, at least two: Dancing outside the Shubert and Lane lowering the newspaper from his face.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

lalalovely Profile Photo
lalalovely
#77Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:31am

"It's like God planned this in advance. Now that's good book keeping!"

So true!! He has blessed me with so many exciting things this year that I just can't contain my praise. :o)

This trailer looks fabulous. I love the look of it.. very old movie musical feel. It's all very sarcastic, silly, and just appropriate. I love it!

While I'm excited about the two movies.. it's sad that they're semi-competing with each other. They're completely different movies, but a movie musical is pretty phenomenal either way, but two so close to each other?!

Rentaholic2
#78Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:35am

"There's still a chance that The Producers could occupy a Full Monty slot, but I'm not holding my breath."

The irony...

Rentaholic2
#79Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:39am

So can I assume there will not be a new cast recording?

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#80Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:45am

Why assume that? They already put out a statement about Will singing the closing credit song on the album.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Rentaholic2
#81Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 1:49am

I guess just because I hadn't heard anything about it, and it would only be slightly different from the OBCR, but you know what they say when you assume something....you make an ass of u and me.

sorry, i had to say it :)

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#82Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 3:58am

I believe it was announced that the soundtrack is being released November 22. Don't quote me though. I tried to find where I got that date from, but alas, not to be found.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#83Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 3:58am

I believe it was announced that the soundtrack is being released November 22. Don't quote me though. I tried to find where I got that date from, but alas, not to be found.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#84Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 7:32am

Wow! Looks very good... I'm sooooo excited to see it...

cserannie
#85Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 7:40am

The clip is amazing. Thanks.

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

cudramacat
#86Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 7:41am

eek! that looks great! Can't wait! Will Ferell is going to be hilarious!

"Life has been your art. You have set yourself to music. Your days are your sonnets." -Oscar Wilde

EddieVarley Profile Photo
EddieVarley
#87Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 8:13am

Now THAT'S our THE PRODUCERS! Can't wait!

ProducersFan
#88Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 9:23am

I'm pretty sure there *is* going to be a soundtrack to this film. Released around the same time as the Rent movie's opening.

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#89Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 9:23am

anyone think Uma looks like a man in drag?

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#90Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 9:27am

also anyone think that the Chorus girl costumes in I wanna be a Producer are completely ugly

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#91Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:03am

OMG! I cannot wait to see the movie!

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#92Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:12am

Anyone think bwaybaby is harsh? :-P

Just kiddin' bway Wooooot!

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#93Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:18am

Wooooot!

La Ziemba.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#94Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 10:32am

oh my God, that was wonderful. I cannot wait!

Ulla dance for you?

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#96Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 2:38pm

"And I like that they actually mentioned Stro at the end. Not that she's that famous, but I was afraid that it was going be pitched as if Mel directed the movie."

I totally agree. (see avatar). I also think the choreography looks great, a lot is taken from the stage version but I definitely saw some new stuff in the trailer.

VERY VERY excited to see this film.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#97Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 3:44pm

Looks a lot like the original movie. Nathan looks just like Zero. Matt has the Gene aspect of the character. I'm excited!

worrell4077
#98Wooooot!
Posted: 9/21/05 at 4:36pm

I'm So Excited!!!!!! I cannot wait till it comes out. I love that one new joke during the Bialy scene, "Oh Bialy you know what I like.Yes of course, she'll have the foot long."

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#99King of Broadway?
Posted: 9/21/05 at 4:49pm

Has anyone heard any other news about the fate of "King of Broadway" since that first reported screening. I see clips of it in the trailer, at least two: Dancing outside the Shubert and Lane lowering the newspaper from his face.

Anybody know anything about the song's fate?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#100King of Broadway?
Posted: 9/21/05 at 5:10pm

I cannot wait for this movie, and Uma Thurman looks fabulous!

Videos