Posted: 12/30/17 at 4:44pm

Julia is taking over as Eliza.

Solea and Michael leave 12/31.

Updated On: 12/30/17 at 04:44 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1201HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 5:01pm

On the Hamilton website for the tour, Joseph Morales is listed as the Hamilton alternate. Has he gone on??

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1202HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 5:11pm

Call_me_jorge said: "On the Hamilton website for the tour, Joseph Morales is listed as the Hamilton alternate. Has he gone on??"

Morales is going to be the principal Hamilton for the second national tour. The show's website is painfully unreliable, so that's definitely (yet another) inaccurate listing for them.

theaterkidsteacher
#1203HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 6:02pm

I saw this performance also and thought the same thing. Ryan Alvarado is awful- just dreadful as burr- nearly unwatchable.  the rest of the cast is stellar.  Why is he a lead replacement? 

theaterkidsteacher
#1204HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 6:02pm

I saw this performance also and thought the same thing. Ryan Alvarado is awful- just dreadful as burr- nearly unwatchable.  the rest of the cast is stellar.  Why is he a lead replacement? 

dancejmd
#1205HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 8:50pm

Yes! You’re so right. After the Wait for It performance there was a polite applause. I was thinking of trying to see it again in San Diego since but I don’t want to waste a trip and money if Alvarado is still playing Burr in the tour. I wouldn’t want to chance it. Is there anywhere to complain about this? He needs to be pulled and maybe needs more vocal work or something. Or just pull him period!

hamiltonstradition
#1206HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 9:08pm

They’re alternating, Ryan V, Carl, and I guess Ryan A?

conealpetterson
#1207HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 9:26pm

I haven't seen any reports that Carl has actually gone on as Burr in LA.  Michael's last show is today, so they will also be without a permanent Hamilton unless they have someone lined up and haven't shared it.  For a show making so much money, their casting of replacements seems sloppy at best.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#1208HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/3/18 at 7:02am

Not sure if it pertains to anything, but Ana Villafane posted a video to her Instagram story of her singing Burn and saying Phillipa and Lexi were her muses

Rainah
#1209HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/3/18 at 7:46am

I mean I'm hella down. Can we get her in before late Jan when I see it?

BroadwayConcierge
#1210HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/3/18 at 9:09am

Jessetenny said: "Not sure if it pertains to anything, but Ana Villafane posted a video to her Instagram story of her singing Burn and saying Phillipa and Lexi were her muses"

Um... not to be negative, but I didn't think she sounded good at all while singing it.

I still see her as an Angelica, not Eliza.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#1211HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/3/18 at 10:10am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Jessetenny said: "Not sure if it pertains to anything, but Ana Villafane posted a video to her Instagram story of her singing Burn and saying Phillipa and Lexi were her muses"

Um... not to be negative, but I didn't think she soundedgood at all while singing it.

I still see her as an Angelica, not Eliza.
"

100% agree. I thought it was awful, but didn't know if it meant she may be Eliza. I would prefer Angelica though

QueenTwinnied
#1212HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/4/18 at 3:57pm

Is there any word on who will replace Michael on the tour? 

Call_me_jorge
#1213HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/4/18 at 4:01pm

I heard ben Platt became free recently. He could probably hop in there.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Rainah
BroadwayConcierge
#1215HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 12:10pm

Considering how excited Villafañe was to take on Anita, it has to be something worth her while. I’m hoping Angelica, but didn’t she also just get cast in a TV show?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#1216HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 12:22pm

I was looking forward to seeing her, but I'm happy seeing Krysta.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#1217HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 1:14pm

Rainah said: "Ana now has 'scheduling conflicts" with the WSS concert

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/190827/krysta-rodriguez-to-join-corey-cott-in-west-side-story-at-the-kennedy-center/
"

I’m fairly certain it’s the TV show. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Rainah
#1218HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 1:40pm

Scheduled Ham vacations

Lexi, Medina, and Joanna are currently out

Bryan Terrell Clark out next week

Breaker out first week of feb

MyLife
#1219HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 1:58pm

Lexi is in. It's Mandy who has been out.

Call_me_jorge
#1221HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 2:22pm

Who’s going to replace Lee in Chicago?

BroadwayConcierge
#1222HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 2:25pm

Nic Christopher moving over from Washington to Burr!!! So exciting!

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#1223HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 3:27pm

Considering that they start performances tomorrow, this seems like REALLY short notice.  Will this be Austin Scott's first ever performance as Hamilton?

kdonica
#1224HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 1/5/18 at 4:08pm

I dont think all of these are immediate. I know Jordan Donica is not leaving until AFTER San Diego. He is returning to Broadway in "My Fair Lady".

Videos