She Loves Me Recording?

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#100She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 1:32pm

I'm trying to find the pre-order on iTunes and can't seem to locate it! Does anyone know when we can order it on iTunes as I was under the impression that albums usually get a pre-order option!

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#101She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 2:53pm

Ah nevermind. Kurt Deutsch said it would be on iTunes and Amazon digitally on Friday. Hope everyone enjoys the beautiful new recording!

divarobbie2 Profile Photo
divarobbie2
#102She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/8/16 at 3:12pm

Friday. Midnight.

goldenstate5
#103She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/9/16 at 10:05am

Wow.

This recording is insane. It's everything a revival recording should be: distinct, revised orchestrations, wonderful new performances and presenting a fuller taste than prior.

I'll always be a little keen on the 93 revival's more traditional touch (and years and years of nostalgia helps too), but I'm absolutely in love with this new whimsical, romantic take on the material that elevates the score immensely. I had a feeling looking at the lush sets of the revival, but I'd never figure how well the orchestrations match them. Of course literally every performance knocks it out of the park, there's no use in even mentioning each one because they're all amazing.

I guess if I had one criticism it would be "Ilona" interrupting with the silly, sex noise repartee between Krakowski and Creel. I've seen the performance but this particular element doesn't translate to the recording too well and seems to interrupt the pure bliss of it. But it's a very, very minor quibble. "Try Me", "Dear Friend", "Tonight at Eight", "Trip to the Library" (it's like it was made for Jane), the finale... god these tracks are raw sheer energy released when listening to them. Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough for this to be fully owned, but thank you to Entertainment Weekly for letting me enjoy it early. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#104She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/9/16 at 11:14pm

It's available on iTunes now with the digital booklet. I waited until now to listen to it! Excited. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#105She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 4:33am

Still just adoring everything about this album. It really is a perfect album of a perfect musical. Flawless in absolutely positively every way.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

lucillefrank Profile Photo
lucillefrank
#106She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 1:59pm

A cast recording has never brought me so much joy. I just feel better listening to this. "Three Letters" is my most played so far today. Just so joyous. 

i've got 99 problems and a revival of parade would solve like 94 of them

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#107She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 2:11pm

I ordered the CD. Hasn't arrived yet.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#108She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 2:32pm

@Stage Door Sally the physical release isn't happening until July unfortunately, though if you ordered through Ghostlight you may receive it early. 

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#109She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 2:46pm

Really petty complaint, but I wish they would have recorded the transition music after Three Letters, it ends so abruptly.

The recording sparkles, just like its production.

....but the world goes 'round

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#110She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 2:54pm

It's still NOT listed on Amazon.  Waaaaaahhhhh.  (they were absolutley NO help when I contacted them.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

madela2
#111She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 2:58pm

dramamama611 said: "It's still NOT listed on Amazon.  Waaaaaahhhhh.  (they were absolutley NO help when I contacted them.)"

Sh-K-Boom posted the Amazon mp3 link on their FB page.

Amazon link if this works.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#112She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 4:21pm

Thanks Mr. Nowak. I did order from Ghostlight. She Loves Me Recording?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#113She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 11:56pm

Such a lovely recording! The new orchestrations sound especially good, they completely blow away the synthesized sound of the 90's revival. Benanti and Krakowski are just unbelievably fantastic.  Levi does sound a little hoarse, but as others have said, it's awesome to have a leading man with that non-contemporary voice in today's theater. 

Updated On: 6/10/16 at 11:56 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#114She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 12:12am

madela2 said: "dramamama611 said: "It's still NOT listed on Amazon.  Waaaaaahhhhh.  (they were absolutley NO help when I contacted them.)"

Sh-K-Boom posted the Amazon mp3 link on their FB page.

Amazon link if this works.

"

Thank you! ! Worked like a charm!   Listening now....aaaaahhhhh

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#115She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 12:57am

tazber said: "Really petty complaint, but I wish they would have recorded the transition music after Three Letters, it ends so abruptly."

That transition music that leads into "Tonight at Eight" is only on the '94 London recording but I agree that's a nice transition.

This is officially my second favorite recording of She Loves Me. so wonderful! I wish I had the digital booklet, could anyone post a link to download it?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/11/16 at 12:57 AM

dissimilate
#116She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:53am

It's really too bad that Sh-K-Boom/Ghostlight took down the preview playlist they had on EW. The orchestrations are so lush, the individual actors' voices so good (Krakowski's A Trip To The Library is just so fantastic, and to think I hadn't heard of She Loves Me before this season and by luck I stumble onto perhaps the new definitive version). I've been listening to the cast recording for the past few days, and now that treat's gone. I pre-ordered my CD from Roundabout but it's not here yet. I'm sure it will be here soon – when I pre-ordered On The Twentieth Century last year it came within a week of the digital release – but meanwhile the wait is agonizing. Anyone else having this problem too?

divarobbie2
#117She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 12:04pm

gypsy101 said: " I wish I had the digital booklet, could anyone post a link to download it?"

You should have received a digital book when you purchased it – I designed it, and it's on iTunes and Amazon.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#118She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 12:53pm

I purchased it from Sh-k-boom so I could have the disc! oh well.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#119She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 12:59pm

It is kind of annoying that CDs don't come with a link to download the digital booklet. I'm not going to carry the actual booklet around with me in my pocket, but if the digital version was on my phone it sort of would be in my pocket. Purchasing physical media shouldn't exclude us from the benefit of having the digital booklet. I like how Amazon sends the digital copy of an album when you purchase the physical CD, but it's not done for nearly enough albums.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#120She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:12pm

I should've bought it from Amazon I guess! I did the preorder the second the album was announced unfortunately. I know genius.com sometimes has digital booklets listed amongst track listings which I kind of them. I don't feel like a link to a digital booklet would hurt anyone.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#121She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:24pm

divarobbie2 said:  I designed it, and it's on iTunes and Amazon."

Very nicely done! I was so very happy to have the synopsis with the accompanying photos. Fiddler...'s digital booklet was nicely done, too. Is Ghostlight Design your company?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#122She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:36pm

gypsy101 said: "tazber said: "Really petty complaint, but I wish they would have recorded the transition music after Three Letters, it ends so abruptly."

That transition music that leads into "Tonight at Eight" is only on the '94 London recording but I agree that's a nice transition.

This is officially my second favorite recording of She Loves Me. so wonderful! I wish I had the digital booklet, could anyone post a link to download it?

"

That's interesting, I've never heard the LCR. In this production, the transition covers the opening up of the store (the set is marvelous btw!) and fades out. There is a brief scene before Tonight at Eight.

I can't say enough how much I love it though!

....but the world goes 'round

divarobbie2
#123She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 1:50pm

John Adams said: "divarobbie2 said:   Is Ghostlight Design your company?"

It is! I also work full-time at Broadway Records, and freelance for several other companies that do cast albums. Thank you so much – I was thrilled I got to use so many photos for this book (both physical and digital).

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#124She Loves Me Recording?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 2:11pm

Listening to it right now and I finally get what everyone else has always said about this gem of a show. I always admired it, but this recording is so magnificent it actually elevates the material. Between this and last season's On the Twentieth Century, Roundabout has recently been great about producing definitive recordings of revivals.

Videos