Mandy Patinkin
Matthew Broderick
Sarah Brightman
Helen Hunt

bwaybabe87 Profile Photo
bwaybabe87
#101re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 11:30am

When I first saw this post I knew one of the first answers would be Idina. Yeah, shes overrated..but really, why can't teenagers just admire her without people making fun of it? That's what I dont understand re: overrated

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#102re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 11:37am

leave the idinaheads alone
at least they like her instead of the spice girls or 98 degrees

BeeBee Profile Photo
BeeBee
#103re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 11:46am

KRISTIN CHENOWETH (fake)
SUTTON FOSTER (overacts)
BOYD GAINES (why does he have so many Tonys?)
ADAM PASCAL (yuck)

newsieboy23 Profile Photo
newsieboy23
#104re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:44pm

Never been a fan of Adam Pascal. He was good in rent (and yes, ive seen him LIVE a few times). His voice is shot. He was tired every time i saw him in Aida. OLD NEWS.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#105re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:48pm

I don't care about your opinion, you're perfectly entitled and I'm not going to try to defend him, but it's really a necessity to rub the fact that you saw him in Rent LIVE several times in the faces of those who didn't, hm?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

scotty Profile Photo
scotty
#106re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:51pm

Sally Brown you're not crazy...

Everytime time I listen to TTB. Raul reminds me of Pascall.

luvtheEmcee
#107re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 12:57pm

That reminds me. Sally, no you aren't crazy. I know a lot of people who take it farther and actually get the two mixed up. But they both have that rock voice thing, and can both sound a little... growly, for lack of a better term. I always thought Raúl's voice was a little bit more um... conventionally beautiful, because he can sing things like Sondheim and ALW that Adam would probably sound utterly ridiculous on, but they do sound a bit alike. I'd kill to hear them sing together. re: overrated

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#108re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 1:45pm

Harvey Fierstein - good actor but every time he starts singing I want to kill myself and everyone around me.

Shoshana Bean - don't think she's that special as Elphaba, she's good but not as amazing as some people say she is.

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#109re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 2:54pm

I did not get the chance to see Hugh Jackman in TBFO, but I HATED his singing voice on the "Oklahoma" video. It is that of a nasal little chorus boy and I really don't understand how people who sing like this (of whom there are many) have so much success, because that sound drives me crazy! However, Jackman sounded much better on the Tonys doing his TBFO number, I guess because it was an up-tempo piece and he didn't have to sustain any notes...and he is a great actor, I have to give him that.

Sant
#110re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 3:51pm

BERNADETTE PETERS (I know some of you think she's the greatest star there is but I don't)
HEATHER HEADLEY (good voice, but what the heck was the hype for her performance in Aida?! It was nothing special.)

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#111re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 4:32pm

I agree about Heather Headley.

I don't agree about Kristin, Boyd Gaines, and the goddess Bernadette.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#112re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 4:33pm

I think Nathan Lane is overrated. He always plays the same character no matter what he's doing. Updated On: 2/16/05 at 04:33 PM

melissa errico fan
#113re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 4:35pm

I agree, Tom. He was great in "Love, Valour, Compassion" and "The Frogs", but I hated him in "The Producers". "Forum" wasn't my favorite with him in it, either.

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#114re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 4:39pm

Everybody I don't like as much as some other people is overrated.

Coincidentally, everybody I like more than some other people is underrated.

It's really quite simple.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#115re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 4:41pm

MEF:

You know that it's going to be the same ol' same old in The Odd Couple.

Not only is NL overrated, he's a horrible, nasty person. Updated On: 2/16/05 at 04:41 PM

melissa errico fan
#116re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 4:44pm

I hear that all the time.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#117re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 4:45pm

I saw the Producers with both Nathan and Matthew and thought it was boring and the biggest waste of my time.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#118re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:03pm

I have to say that I loved The Producers but for reason other than Nathan Lane. I loved Gary Beach. I really liked Matthew Broderick a lot.

Let's add HUNTER FOSTER to that list. Sooooo overrated. I have never liked him in anything I have seen him in. I didn't care for him in Urinetown or Little Shop and I thought he was terrible in The Producers.

matthius202
#119re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:23pm

i agree with melissa..donny murphy is UNDERRATED

"Be not like dumb, driven cattle. Be a hero in the strife." A Psalm of Life...Walt Whitman

kas Profile Photo
kas
#120re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:31pm

yeah! i'm sure many will kill me for this one - but kristin's voice annoys me..... i've tried to like her, but it is impossible. idina's not that annoying; she's hyped b/c of her belt. you have to admit she is super powerful.

Love4Cheno Profile Photo
Love4Cheno
#121re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:43pm

Thank God someone agrees with me about Adam Pascal. YUCK. Last time I expressed an opinion about him the teens went straight for me faster than you can say Clearasil.

His voice literally makes me grind my teeth, it's so irritating.

Sarah Brightman- dreadful.

Anthony Rapp- just, why?

http://preppylife.tumblr.com/

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#122re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:45pm

I agree with you on all of those L4C.

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#123re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:54pm

'Thank God someone agrees with me about Adam Pascal. YUCK. Last time I expressed an opinion about him the teens went straight for me faster than you can say Clearasil.'

That's excatly how I feel about Kristin Chenoweth. And Adam's fans are not all hyper-ventilating teenies... not that you obviously care, judging by your ignorant comment.

And to the person who said that Heather's performance was 'nothing special' in Aida: Have you actually SEEN or HEARD hear live in Aida? Fair enough, she might not be your kind of thing but to say she was nothing special makes me wonder if you are deaf and blind.

By the way, love your comment, JohnPopa and SO true. re: overrated

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero
Updated On: 2/16/05 at 05:54 PM

luvtheEmcee
#124re: overrated
Posted: 2/16/05 at 5:56pm

*forces self to refrain from comment*

Look, I said "Clearasil," and nobody's come after you!

Updated On: 2/16/05 at 05:56 PM

Videos