pixeltracker

Cheno - what's the big deal?- Page 5

Cheno - what's the big deal?

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#100re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 1:47am

Beauty is on the eye of the Beholder, and that was also a great song from WOE as well. It's okay if one doesn't care for another, It makes her no less deserving.
Personally, I adore Chenowith and some others just don't give me that "Buzz". That is the beauty of difference. She is a Tony Award Winning Actress and that speaks for itself. We shall all have our own faves and ones we don't get or care for, That is how the world goes round.
No problem.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#101re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 1:52am

I was shocked when I started reading this. I could not believe that some people hold such disdain for a performer. Krisitn is absolutely amazing. She has this ora of greatness about her that makes one want to see her in everything she does. At least thats how I am. I can't wait for her Broadway return, whenever that will be.

perfectlypink3 Profile Photo
perfectlypink3
#102re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 9:15am

you know, I was going back through reading this thread when I realized there was something I negelected to say.
Another reason Kristin is a "big deal" to me, is not because of her acting or singing or any of that, but because of her beliefs and the way that she stands up for what she believes in. As it has been shown here, it takes some serious balls to stand up for what you think especially if it is in the minority. Kristin has made no secret of how important her faith is in her life. But she has also made it known that she does not agree with everything that Chritianity preaches, and that accepting everyone from every race, sexual orientation or background is something very important to her. She was asked to leave the Woman of Faith conferences that she was involved in because of her beliefs. Under this pressure, a lot of people would fold and just agree with other peoples ideals but no, Kristin stood up for what she believed in and said that she was sorry that she couldn't take part but that it was not worth sacrificing what she believes in.
Also, I woudln't expect you to know this since you are obviously not a fan so you woudln't know anything about her fan club but the fan club (called glitter) is not like a normal fan club. At kristin's request and a lot of times with her help, we raise thousands of dollars for charity a year. In fact, we just had a fundraiser over there and kristin matched what we all raised AND THEN added more to bring it up to an evern number. Last spring, Kristin literally took items from her closet and auctioned them off and all of the money went to BC/FA.
So all judgements of her "talent" aside. Please, personally attacking someone who is undeservable is wrong. You are accusing us of attacking you because we don't agree with your opnion when it seems like you are doing the same to us, trying to force the idea onto us that Cheno is untalented. This whole thread is one big hypocritical mess, and should be forgotten. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around, if that is any consolation to anyone who was hurt by this. I hope we have all learned a lesson here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

wickedobsessed Profile Photo
wickedobsessed
#103re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 9:20am

You know what, dont bash people. If you don't have anything nice to say about her, then don't say it.

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#104re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 10:00am

"You just don't sound diplomatic"

I don't think anyone on this board is very diplomatic, including you. Whenever someone voices something separate from the majority, the majority bands together and makes that person's life miserable on the board. I've seen it happen too many times. People are rude and arrogant to those who have less knowledge, and even more rude and arrogant to those who do have knowledge in an attempt to prove that they have more.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#105re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 10:07am

Okay so I have found one thing that I like about Cheno. I like the fact that she is such a strong Christian and balances that with her performing. But other than that, ick!

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#106re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 12/30/05 at 10:44am

Many Christians are not true christians. Look at the current President.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#107re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 5:14pm

THANK GOD THAT CHRISTMAS IS OVER! Now those hideous Old Navy ads with the munchkin (that's the role she should have played in "Wicked") are gone from my TV. No more being anxious that her shrill voice will pierce my ears or her fake smile will bore me to death.

DOWN WITH CHENO!

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#108re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 5:24pm

To be critical and to be mean are very different. I wouldn't be mad if you were criticizing her performance, but it's just mean to bash things someone can't change about themselves. That's why things like racism and anti-gay sentiments are so ignorant and uncalled for. Race and Sexual Orientation are things one cannot change about themselves, just like height or the way ones speaking voice naturally sounds. It's just mean.

It's not about liking or disliking. It's about respect.
Updated On: 1/3/06 at 05:24 PM

kate2
#109re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 7:30pm

I'm not huge a Cheno fan, but i respect her. There's no need to bash someone when you know so many other people are fans. If you aren't a fan of someone, keep it to yourself, because nobody cares.
Updated On: 1/3/06 at 07:30 PM

Chenofan #1 Profile Photo
Chenofan #1
#110re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 7:49pm

KRISTIN

Sorry-Im big on spelling names right. (Always have been.)

EDIT: For Buffy, first page.

And.....SCENE!
Updated On: 1/3/06 at 07:49 PM

Danielm
#111re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 7:53pm

Hey, Children&Art, it's kind of funny considering your name--I have a friend who is in his 80s who has been into musical theatre for a long time, he hates Bernadette Peters for similar reasons you hate Kristin Chenowith--the voice, the kewpie doll face, etc...

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

wickedbway Profile Photo
wickedbway
#112re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 8:19pm

She is too classically trained to be in a musical.

I think you really don't know what you're talking about. You certainly have a lot of nerve dissing Kristin's speaking voice and height, both of which she can't help. Second of all, I don't think you realize just how many people on broadway are classically trained. It just so happens to be a great foundation for broadway singers to learn out to project without damaging their voice. So, whatever you have to say about anyone, I'm afraid to say many people won't take seriously.
Updated On: 1/3/06 at 08:19 PM

tagiunagi
#113re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 8:27pm

Did Lippa write "My New Philosophy" specifically for Kristin?

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

XOsweet_dancerOX Profile Photo
XOsweet_dancerOX
#114re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 8:45pm

she has plenty of talent. you can not like her for whatever reason except that. she obviously has talent if she is there. Her voice is her own and it defines her. Everyone has flaws they dont like. She has a unique voice and that makes her stand out. If you dont like it, that is your opinion, yes. You do not have to tear away at her because you despise her. I personally think she has great talent and I know she does her best. Don't we all? I do love her christianity. She has that going for her. many people respect that and i see you are one of them. If you do, why bother ripping her apart?

Kristin Chenoweth could barely control a Great Dane she trotted onto the stage. "Great, they gave me a dog that weighs five times what I do", she quipped. For the record, she weighs 93 pounds, and has a Maltese.

perfectlypink3 Profile Photo
perfectlypink3
#115re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 9:35pm

alright last straw. I shouln't let this get to me so badly but you are just cruel. You said in another post you were really hurt when sara gettelfinger "said" that you were "too gay for her to sign your playbill." Knowing how much that hurt you, how dare you say such destructive and deemeaning things about someone else. you are the most unreasonably mean and close minded person I have ever come in contact with. I know that all you are trying to do around here is start a mud flinging contest and guess what? CONGRATS because although you have not succeeded in making any of us like kristin less, you have succeeded in making us ( me at least i cant speak for others) like YOU less. No matter what you say this will be my last post on this topic and I refuse to read it anymore. I thought this might just die and the dust would settle but clearly you need the attention or you would not insist on drudging it up again. Apparently, you are perfect, otherwise you would not have earned the right to pick apart someone else like this. Hopefully some day I will be as perfect as you are so I can feel so far above everyone else that I can act so informed and condecending. It is CLOSE MINDED people like you that pave the way for racism and discrimination. Look in the mirror. For your sake i hope this is the only place that you act like this or you must lead one lonely, lonely life. I apologise for everything I said and for sinking to your level but I am only human and at this point i am FED UP.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#116re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 9:46pm

Oooo, Perfectlypink is PMSing. Calm down sister. What is with people on this site being oversensitive to some debate? According to everyone on this site we should accept people's opinions without challenging their merits. And if we challenge it we are racist and discriminatory. God!
I don't see why someone could have problems with Kristin. Her voice is the perfect soprano and she is great in everything she does. I haven't seen a valid warrent for why she is bad except some shallow presentations that don't have strong foundations.

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#117re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 9:54pm

All I have to say is that if you did not see her January 25 concert at Carnegie Hall and hear this girl singing those songs live...well then you have no evidence to back up any hatred for someone who's just doing her thing.

Anyway doesn't really matter that a few people find her annoying. She's earning LOADS of money and she's got great fans.

But in refering to the original post here....are you really making fun of the way her body is? Because that just frightens me.

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#118re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 10:30pm

"But in refering to the original post here....are you really making fun of the way her body is? Because that just frightens me."

Yes he most certainly was. Frightening to me too. She can't help that her body is the way it is. And there's nothing freakish about it.

Kass983 Profile Photo
Kass983
#119re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/3/06 at 11:58pm

I don't like posting on this thread at all, but I feel compelled to. That doesn't mean I think I'm important or all knowing; I just had a couple of cents to throw in....there are already so many in the pond anyway.

Anyway, on original topic, I think Kristin has a slightly annoying voice and yeah, she's little, but I also adore her. She's a powerhouse in a deceptively small package, and she deserves all of her success, as has been previously posted.

My youngest child is 11 and looks about 8 years old, she's just not gonna be a big girl, but then again, I'm 5'7" and was always so jealous of the cute petite girls, and I still am.

Elphaba3, please don't take it to heart. The original poster was grasping at straws to make his opinion seem to matter; most of us know better and that hopefully counts more to you than his callous comments. And you are an attractive, intelligent and empathic soul whose beauty is far more apparent than you realize.

And for PerfectlyPink, don't worry about the PMS comments. We women have endured that stereotype through the ages. Can't have a dissenting train of thought AND be a woman, for some people, without the auto-pilot PMS theory rearing its ugly head, lol. You and I both know that when we feel something is right, or wrong, it doesn't matter what time of day, MONTH, or year, we will usually say something. I appreciate your comments and agree with them, for what it's worth.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#120re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/4/06 at 12:06am

"And you are an attractive, intelligent and empathic soul whose beauty is far more apparent than you realize."

Wow, thank you! :)

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#121re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/4/06 at 12:16am

To answer a question, yes, Lippa wrote My New Philosophy for Kristin Chenoweth, in fact the entire role was written for her. Chenoweth was cast as Peppermint Patty in the revival, but they then rewrote the show to give her a bigger, better role. In my humble opinion she was a perfect Sally, which makes sense since they wrote it for her.

gravity87
#122re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/4/06 at 1:18am

Wow reading this thread all i have to say is that we all need to take a deep breath from our hoo-hoo's

jasobres
#123re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/4/06 at 5:06pm

It wasn't PEPPERMINT Patty, it was just Patty, who is a completely different character. Back when Peanuts first started, there was Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and a few minor characters named Violet, Shermy, and Patty. If you want to know who Patty is, watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas," she is the one in an orange dress. One of her lines is: "This'll be the worst Christmas play ever." Why Clark Gesner had Patty in the play is beyond me. So they had a few good reasons to replace Patty with Sally:
1. That's how they did it when it was animated by Bill Melendez for television.
2. To have Patty on a stage among well known characters (Charlie, Linus, Snoopy, Lucy, and Schroeder) would be just plain weird.

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

Kristen_0509 Profile Photo
Kristen_0509
#124re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
Posted: 1/4/06 at 5:30pm

She obviously very talented to of made it that far in the world of broadway and entertainment

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small compared to what lies within us..

Videos