pixeltracker

Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals- Page 5

Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals

colleen_lee
#100re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:20pm

Now THAT I would pay to see.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

ThankstoPhantom
#101re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:20pm

Stunt casting exists because success is based (in the public's eye) on how long a show runs, not if it made its investment back. If a show has made its investment back, but sales are slipping, say, five years later, equaling out a six year run, for some reason, many producers can't accept that their show has run out of steam and should close with integrity. Instead, they'll milk the cow for all its got and stunt cast in order to keep making money on an already familiar show.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#102re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:26pm

colleen lee, this is a business, of which I am proud to be in .. with all those lovely union cards in my wallet. Let the Weissler's make the decisions, and others people like them. This industry evolves and changes.There's Chicago with Ashlee Simpson and there's Kevin Spacey in The Iceman Cometh. Make your own decision about what appeals to you and buy the ticket, and let Broadway professionals make the decisions about the theatre as a whole. But by all means, enjoy the right to post on here about your business savvy, prowess, expertise, and how you know better than them.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

jimnysf
#103re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:29pm

I posted this earlier but the original seems to be missing (or at least not showing up on my PC)

The next Roxie and Velma:

re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Luckydave14
#104re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:33pm

The original is still there.

ThankstoPhantom
#105re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:34pm

There names will be changed to Rock and Val.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

jimnysf
#106re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 6:35pm

I can't see it for some reason. I was starting to think that maybe it was true that these folks were cast and that the post was deleted because the moderator wanted to wait for the official announcement (like the early "DRS" closing threads).

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#107re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/29/06 at 9:21pm

I gotta pee.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

west end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
#108re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/30/06 at 9:57pm

First of all everytime a star goes in to a show or a bad show flops or a jukebox musical opens everyone goes on about it been the death of theatre,i think it's safe to say it's not.

What struck a lot of people in the West End as odd though is that she really issn't that well known here.

Chicago ticket sales have been dropping for a while now and it seems like every time you blink there is a new celeb thrown in to the show here.

It's a shame because linzi hately is amazing in this show but she is only known to musical fans so they need so called celebs to get the new buisness in here.

This is the top selling show list in london for last month

1 Billy Elliot
2 Hay Fever
3 Mary Poppins
4 Les Miserables
5 Sinatra
6 Guys and Dolls
7 We Will Rock You
8 The Lion King
9 Phantom of the Opera
10 Wicked
11 Producers
12 Footloose
13 Mama Mia
14 Blood Brothers
15 Dancing In the streets
16 Evita
17 Dirty Dancing
18 The Rat Pack
19 Chicago
20 Donkeys Years

So you can see why chicago needs to get a celeb back in as its slipping out of the top 20 fast(the month before it was at 16).

I still think this is an odd choice though.

xx

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#109re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/30/06 at 10:11pm

Are they going to pre-record her voice?

HamletWasBipolar Profile Photo
HamletWasBipolar
#110re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 8/30/06 at 10:21pm

I think she is going to act-synch using the leftover screens from The Woman In White.

" I wish that the stage were as narrow as a tightrope wire, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." -- Goethe (he wants you to go to my Myspace page www.myspace.com/jasonklemm

wickedfiyeroofoz Profile Photo
wickedfiyeroofoz
#111re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/2/06 at 7:20pm

I think that the character of Roxie should be a relatively bad singer. I mean basically Roxie has to kill someone to be famous. Ashlee had to have an equally untalented older sister and a SNL screw up to become famous. They both used less than charming gimmicks to make it to the top. Great choice.

How can they see with sequins in their eyes?

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#112re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/2/06 at 7:24pm

Luckydave, Usher's reviews were lukewarm??????!??? He was amazing! Better than John O'Hurley!

And I hate how Chicago stuntcasting got soooooooo out of hand.
But it's a good show!

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

Luckydave14
#113re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/2/06 at 7:30pm

I don't remember saying his reviews were lukewarm. I saw him in the show and thought he was fantastic.

JerseyScoundrel
#114re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/2/06 at 11:39pm

Fantastic? He was good but not fantastic.

"This is a stupid story. It never stops. But we keep making lemonade! We're opening the biggest f***ing lemonade stand you ever saw!" -Walter Bobbie after a long day of Sweet Charity Rehersals (Newyorkmetro.com)

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#115re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/2/06 at 11:42pm

Well, to quote Gypsy "You've either got it or you ain't"
And I don't think Ashlee's got it.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#116re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/2/06 at 11:44pm

Have they run out of actresses in the correct age range?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Luckydave14
#117re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/3/06 at 1:31am

Well his singing was fantastic, and his dancing. I thought I had added that I thought he needed acting lessons in a major way, but I've said it before I know.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#118re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/4/06 at 1:42pm

Ah Children we must only hope that Melanie Griffith will be avail to understudy. THEN we will see a true revelation!!
Or is that apocolypse?)

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#119re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/13/06 at 2:30pm

Found this just posted on dlisted (dlisted.blogspot.com).

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

Sillyism Profile Photo
Sillyism
#120re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/13/06 at 2:43pm

WTF.
I hope she pulls another SNL. Oh, if only I was in London to see that...

Kay: You might want to be careful about wearing that. Steven doesn't like things that are quite so obvious. Crystal: When Steven doesn't like what I wear, I take it off! -The Opposite Sex

CJR
#121re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/13/06 at 3:16pm

OKay, she actually looks kinda cute as Roxie. But I really want to see her forget the lyrics and bust into a hoedown dance in the middle of the show.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#122re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/13/06 at 3:36pm

She doesn't even look like the Ashley Simpson I'm accustomed to seeing. CJR, they're rechoreographing the show and incorporating some hoe-down moves, so the audience won't necessarily know the difference.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Jiffy Pop
#123re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/13/06 at 5:19pm

Wow...that doesn't look like Ashlee at all.

Yero
#124re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
Posted: 9/13/06 at 6:23pm

I think she looks good.. and I honestly think she might surprise everyone with this.

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

Videos