pixeltracker

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?- Page 6

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#125Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 12:49am

A Sher-helmed Sweeney Todd in the Beaumont would be nothing less than extraordinary.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#126Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 2:05am

I would love to see Sher do a lush revival of Into the Woods with Kate Baldwin and Brian D'Arcy James.  I still think that Audra Mcdonald would be stunning as the Witch.

I think he'd do a fantastic job with Sweeney.  I'd still love to Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters tackle the leads.  I think that Andrew Keenan-Bolger would make a great Tobias and I'd love to see Len Cariou come back as Judge Turpin.

Jayar2 Profile Photo
Jayar2
#127Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 2:47am

I would love to see them do a production of Oklahoma in 2018 in celebration of the shows 75th anniversary. I can't imagine it would run long, but I would love to see it in the Beaumont.  But if I had my pick, it would be Jason Robert Brown's Parade. 

Wilmingtom
#128Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 4:27am

The Grass Harp in the small theater upstairs.  Not something we can see anytime at any high school or community theater.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#129Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 4:52am

icecreambenjamin said: "I'd still love to Mandy Patinkin and Bernadette Peters tackle the leads.  I think that Andrew Keenan-Bolger would make a great Tobias and I'd love to see Len Cariou come back as Judge Turpin.

"

That would be a dream come true!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#130Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 9:20am

I second Sweeney or Into the Woods. The thought of Into the Woods at the Beaumont gives me chills.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

jo
#131Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 9:30am

NYadgal said: "Another vote for CAMELOT and MY FAIR LADY

And another one for this pair of Lerner and Lowe classics!

"

Updated On: 4/30/16 at 09:30 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#132Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 9:32am

Parade, I'd really like to see Matilda in its original formation on a thrust stage, carousel

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#133Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 11:07am

bwayphreak234 said: "The thought of Into the Woods at the Beaumont gives me chills."

OMG, me too! Would love this to happen one day!!!

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#134Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 12:41pm

Funny Girl is long overdue and has the stature that LCT seems to like

BroadMagTech
#135Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 12:52pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "A Sher-helmed Sweeney Todd in the Beaumont would be nothing less than extraordinary.

Go big or go home. I think that the Beaumont would be a perfect choice of venue to possibly emulate the feel of the original production at the Uris. 

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#136Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 1:26pm

Honestly, I do agree with Sondheim on Sweeney, it's a show that gives its best only in intimate productions. 

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#137Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 2:18pm

I'd love to see a fully staged version of Casey Nicholaw's Most Happy Fella

Jarethan
#138Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 5:23pm

Please no Into The Woods. Two reasons:

1. As with Gypsy, it is revived too frequently
2. I personally have never been a fan...I find the score as a whole boring and particularly hate the constant refrains of the title theme.

Please no Oklahoma, which in the surface seems an ideal opportunity to take advantage of the large stage. Two reasons:

1. If was revived too recently and they did a pretty good job exploiting the size of the Gershwin stage
2. Unless they do a drastic rewrite of the Ado Annie / Will Parker / Ali Halim sub-plot, it is just too painful to watch.

I do not think Gypsy would benefit from this stage, so why bother doing it there. Also, Gypsy just seems like it should be done in a real Broadway theatre. I also don't think Follies should be done there for the same reason, preferable an older, more ornate one.

I think Sweeney Todd is a great idea. In 25 years, I think Les Miserables will be a great idea. And how about the rumored revival of Miss Saigon? I guess I think the bigger the show, the better the opportunity to take advantage of that stage. I don't think the Harold Prince Show Boat will ever be surpassed, but you never know.

I keep hoping for a revival of Can Can, which I suspect will not occur in my lifetime; were it to be revived, I think it'd be a great fit.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#139Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?
Posted: 4/30/16 at 5:31pm

My Fair Lady ~ Phillipa Soo as Eliza and Kelsey Grammer as Prof. Higgins

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Videos