pixeltracker

Broadway star sightings!- Page 6

Broadway star sightings!

handsome25
#125re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 3:40pm

Hal Prince, Elaine Stritch, and Stephen Sondheim coming out Sardi's while I was waiting for Les Miz Rush.

Cynthia Nixon and her partner walking their dog on numerous occasions, but they live in my neighborhood.

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#126re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 7:33pm

Jesse L. Martin walking down 2nd Ave, eating french fries from Pommes Frites, where I was headed. I smiled at him for his good taste.

And not a Broadway star, per se, but I saw and briefly spoke with Tony Kushner at the production of Waiting for Godot at NYU's Skirball Center. He seemed more afraid of me than I was of him.

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#127re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 10:42pm

He's not really Broadway, but I walked past Richard Belzer out walking his dog when I was leaving an off-Broadway show tonight. I am a huge L&O:SVU fan (moreso the early years, before it became the Saint Olivia Benson show), and I was a huge Homicide fan back in the day, so this totally made my night.

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#128re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 11:16pm

At Bob Martin's last day: Jeanine Testori, Janet Van De Graff, Lisa Lambert

And Lauren Molina at teh stage door of City Center. Had a nice little chat with her.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson
Updated On: 3/13/07 at 11:16 PM

Gingersnap2 Profile Photo
Gingersnap2
#129re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 11:42pm

Lauren Molina...last night...at the stage door of the City Center. She was saying she'd been there to see Mano and he'd left early.

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#130re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 11:50pm

When I went to go see Wedding Singer, I walked around the area before they opened the theater. Around the block from Drowsy Chaperone, I was walking with my head down, when I noticed a dog on a leash. I looked up, and it was Sutton Foster walking to work. It was so quick, otherwise I would have simply been like, "I know you! You are great!"

Also, "Wanna Be A Foster" mentioned John Jeffery Martin. I actually saw him at my high school. His mom was the choreographer there for many years. So when we did Oklahoma, he came to a dress rehearsal with a friend of his (who was in Music Man on Broadway(I think he originated the role of Tommy in the recent revival). Both were really cool guys, although it was really nerve-racking to do a big tap dance number (among other big dance numbers), for Broadway actors. They were nice enough to be very complementing.

matthius202
#131re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 11:50pm

I sat next to Kristin Chenoweth at Subway two nights ago.

"Be not like dumb, driven cattle. Be a hero in the strife." A Psalm of Life...Walt Whitman

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#132re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:03pm

I'm cat-sitting, and brought my laundry. I'm on the first floor, but there are no stairs to the basement, you have to take the elevator.

Just as I'm walking to the elevator, the door opens and out flies Joanne Worley, practically knocking me over. Startled, I said, "Hi!' and she said, "Hi!" and off she went to her matinee.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#133re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:13pm

I saw Kristin Chenoweth on the street once walking a tiny little maltese in the west 70s. I stopped her to talk (we have the same voice coach, so we had something to talk about). She was SO SWEET.

I also saw Bernadette Peters in the same neighborhood coming out of a pharmacy talking to a friend. I decided to be brave and I went up to her and asked if she was in fact Bernadette. She responded and said: "Yes, hun, I am the babs" (Babs??). I told her that I thought she was phenomenal, that she was my idol (she basically is), and how I wanted to do what she does when I was older (this was like two years ago). She was very cold and responded: "great." and then kept walking and I was very sad. But either way, I was so excited to see her out of context.

I meet the "Grease: You're the one That I want" stars at EVERY AUDITION. they are always very nice to me...but to the show...not so much.

elphaba432 Profile Photo
elphaba432
#134re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:51pm

This has never happened to me, but it happened to my friend. She saw Taye and Idina in an airport once... she said Idina was mean and Taye was sweet.

Just because I got the lead doesn't mean you can't be my understudy!:)

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#135re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:53pm

Kerry Butler was standing right next to me yesterday outside of "Xanadu" while I was waiting to go inside-

She was on her cel with her "Xanadu" hat on, and a cute floral skirt on.

She is just too cute !!

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#136re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:55pm

"...to the show...not so much" What do they say about the show? Do they regret being a part of it?
Crazy.
I saw Ashley Brown at Ariba Ariba a few weeks ago.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#137re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 2:57pm

Oh, and a few months back, Cherry Jones was on the #2 train with me, heading uptown.

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#138re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 3:21pm

I gave Brent Carver his ticket to see "Hotel Peccadillo" last night at the Shaw Festival box office last night. It took maybe ten seconds, but he was very sweet.

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#139re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 3:55pm

Saw Rebecca Luker and Danny Burstein at lunch at Joe Allens. Same day, same meal we saw David Hyde Pierce and his bf at lunch there as well.

Immediately preceeding that, saw Tyne Daly in the audience of "The Drowsy Chaparone." (Second Row)

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#140re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 5:29pm

I saw Christopher Sieber in a Ranch 1 when he was doing BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. I really wanted to tell him how much I loved my TRIUMPH OF LOVE CD and how my dad and I bonded over the re-runs of his Olsen Twins TV Show, but there was some little girl talking with him.

I saw Sutton Foster outside DROWSY. That was very exciting. She was on her cell phone.

I saw Chuck Wagner walking down Broadway when he was in rehearsals for the KISS ME, KATE tour. I wish I would have stopped to meet him. He was great in the JEKYLL AND HYDE tour.
Broadway Blog: The Second Golden Age

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#141re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 6:07pm

Ana Gasteyer walking down 8th avenue the other day.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#142re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 6:19pm

I see Jackie Hoffman a lot. I don't know why.

And I've seen Alisan Porter a couple of times, both of which she was on her cell.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#143re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 6:23pm

Last week I was walking down 8th ave and I had stopped for a second and J Robert Spencer was walking towards me and then I went into the starbucks across the street from the August Wilson to use the restroom and when I came out he was there but only for a second

mrslovett7
#144re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 7:18pm

In the alley next to the Shubert theatre, my friend and I were walking down there before Les Miz and I heard some guy walking towards us cough really loudly, I looked up and lo and behold it was Gary Beach! He smiled at me...probably b/c my jaw was down to my feet. It took me a second to realize what just happened and when my friend and I turned around to watch him walk away he was limping....it was odd b/c in the show an hour later he was fine.

Walked by Christian Borle after seeing Beauty and the Beast

Walked by Cheyenne Jackson in the middle of Times Square

Some guy from All Shook Up offered my friend and I free tickets to it, but we had other plans...and I didn't want to see it lol

I walked by Brad Garret on 5th ave and then after a performance of The Odd Couple he ran out into the street and sat on someone's car. Hilairous yet strange. The person in the car had no idea what was happening

After the big coconut record breaking thing last year outside the shubert theatre, my friend and I were just hanging around the St. James theatre to see if Gary Beach would come out (which he did) and the ENTIRE original cast of Spamalot just walked on by. It was very funny.

I went to the after party at Patti LuPone's AIDS benefit last year and talked to John Doyle, Micheal Cerveris, Donna DiMarzio, and Manoel Felciano. Angie Schrowner was walking around, so was Edward Hibbert, and Marc Shaiman.

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

ThankstoPhantom
#145re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 7:21pm

Walked by Tim Howar on the Red Line between Saturday shows.

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

Clarinetbiter135 Profile Photo
Clarinetbiter135
#146re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 8:06pm

This happened awhile ago, but I was walking down 8th (I think it started around 54th but I could be wrong) and stopped at an intersection, and I looked to my left and there was Jonathan Groff. I had just seen the show, and stared with my mouth open for a second. He looked over and grinned, and (in my complete dorkiness) spewing out how amazing I thought the show was. Well, he was walking to work so he chatted and walked with me the entire time. Such a sweetheart....

And I see Anthony Rapp all the time... Like, at least once a week. And its always in a new place.

And Diane Keaton stepped on my foot. I still love that story *grins*

Yankeefan007
#147re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 8:22pm

Sherie Rene Scott on 43rd Street

Kristy Cates in a waiting room (noticed her name on a sign-in sheet)

Julia Murney running out of the Starbucks on 51st

Debra Monk on 51st by Wicked

John Glover staring at the gigantic Drowsy Chaperone billboard in the Marquis wind-tunnel

Ethan Hawke and family at Harry's Burritos on 71st last fall (ironically, I had just come out of seeing Utopia, and there he was at the table next to me)

Sutton Foster and Christian Borle walking their dog on their way to work (when they were in Drowsy and Spamalot)

The blonde from A Chorus Line (her name escapes me) warming up in costume with a few other cast members on the fire escape of the Schoenfeld.

Stephanie J. Block at Wicked

Various Chorus Line people at the Chicken Bar (formerly Ranch 1) on 8th Avenue

And, at Kodama Sushi on 8th Avenue: Jenn Gambatese; Dominic Cooper and James Corden (History Boys) last summer; Tina Maddigan, Christina Sivrich when Wedding Singer was still playing; Heather Parcelles and a few other Chorus Line-ers last winter.

ThankstoPhantom
#148re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 8:37pm

John Tartaglia on 45th.

An ensemble member from Mary Poppins at Starbucks (name espcapes me).

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...

ashley0139
#149re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 8:56pm

On Thursday I saw Mary Testa, Jackie Hoffman, Linda Balgord, and a PQ ensemble member all within ten seconds of each other.

Cherry Jones and Sarah Paulson sat two rows in front of me at Year of Magical Thinking.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Videos