pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 64

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Lauren2
#1575Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 7:19pm

Like just different Ticketmaster pages? I am going to do that.

Lauren2
#1576Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 7:24pm

There are 199 dollar tickets Left Orchestra Row J, a Seat 23 available for when I am in town. Even though they are pretty pricy I might just buy those to have them in my pocket and then I can always return them. What do you guys think?

Nycat63
#1577Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 7:52pm

Lauren2 said: "There are 199 dollar tickets Left Orchestra Row J, a Seat 23 available for when I am in town. Even though they are pretty pricy I might just buy those to have them in my pocket and then I can always return them. What do you guys think? "

You don’t have much to lose if you are willing to keep them once your return window is closed.  Unless they are arbitrarily counting returned tickets toward the 6 ticket limit, as the poster above mentioned and you go over.  But the very first seats I was able to get after the verified fan presales were in M 22 and 24 and they were $299 at the time.  I’ve seen similar seats listed as mid-premium ($249) recently so $199 seems good for Row J.  But make sure you are willing to live with them if you don’t find anything better or cheaper once you can’t return them!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1578Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 9:08pm

HeatherAV said: "Chiasgirl said: "The pricing on this continues to hurt my brain.

All of these are offered for May 24th and 25th.

Orch H 1-5 $249

Orch L 1-5 $199

Orch J 13-17 $299

"

YES! This is maddening!

As an FYI for people thinking of buying and returning tickets... I purchased 6 tickets through the original release and subsequently returned them. I tried to buy 6 new tickets today and the website told me I had reached the ticket limit for this event.I called TM and spoke with two different "managers" who both said there is a 6-ticket limit per household, and a household is defined as sharing any ONE of the following: ticketmaster account email address OR billing addressOR credit card number. Sure enough, when I tried logging into my husband's TM account and using a different credit card, it still said I reached my ticket limit and it wouldn't process the order. (The credit card had the same billing address as the credit card I used when I bought my initial 6 tickets - which I later returned - months ago.) I know some people have had no problem buying more than 6 tickets, but I wanted to share my experience that TM wouldn't allow it. It seems my account (or my IP address???) has been flagged somehow.
"

As stupid as it sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the fact that you've already bought 6 tickets in one transaction. If you had bought your original tickets 3 in one transaction and 3 in another, it might not have been an issue. I wouldn't put it past Ticketmaster to do something so nonsensical.

Lauren2
#1579Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:24pm

Your totally right. I mean they are good seats and a ok deal. They are close and I will be able to see faces right? Just making sure. And we can 100% return them before the 14 days right?

Nycat63
#1580Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/10/18 at 10:35pm

Lauren2 said: "Your totally right. I mean they are good seats and a ok deal. They are close and I will be able to see faces right? Just making sure. And we can 100% return them before the 14 days right? "

Can’t comment on the view since I haven’t been yet but the return window is now 28 days not 14 (tickets purchased after April 3 are refundable only up to 28 days in advance).  But they are completely refundable, fees and all, as long as you do it before that window closes. 

jpiedrafite
#1581Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 7:56am

Lauren2 said: "Your totally right. I mean they are good seats and a ok deal. They are close and I will be able to see faces right? Just making sure. And we can 100% return them before the 14 days right?"

I had seats J 26 -30, so other side of the theater, but were excellent. You're the perfect distance from the stage and can see everything.

Updated On: 5/11/18 at 07:56 AM

Lauren2
#1582Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 8:46am

Do you have a picture you can show me? I am a visual person. Were they to far to the right?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#1583Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 8:55am

Can anyone comment on row F of the balcony seats 15-17? I am worried about the railings in the middle of the balcony blocking the stage...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1584Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 8:56am

Lauren2 said: "Do you have a picture you can show me? I am a visual person. Were they to far to the right?"

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/85469/Lyric+Theatre/section-Orchestra/row-J/seat-26/

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1585Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 8:59am

bwayphreak234 said: "Can anyone comment on row F of the balcony seats 15-17? I am worried about the railings in the middle of the balcony blocking the stage..."

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/85841/Lyric+Theatre/section-BALCL/row-F/seat-11/

A seat cushion should alleviate this problem, somewhat.

jpiedrafite
#1586Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 9:01am

CT2NYC said: "Lauren2 said: "Do you have a picture you can show me? I am a visual person. Were they to far to the right?"

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/85469/Lyric+Theatre/section-Orchestra/row-J/seat-26/
"

Yep, that was the seat, and I took/submitted that photo.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#1587Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 9:03am

There's a nice Dress Circle Row B seat for $130 a part on May 23rd.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1588Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 9:11am

My impression of the far side orchestra seats is that there is basically no obstruction. The stage is huge, and it's wide open, so it wouldn't make sense for any action to take place on the extreme sides. Aesthetically. it just wouldn't look right.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1589Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 1:11pm

Saw Part 1 last night in $40 seats, Dress C row E dead center, the view was perfect, got the full picture, The gentleman in front of me was exceptionally tall, and even a seat cushion couldn't help me. In addition, I arrived early and there was a news crew at the theater, asking people how they got tickets. I don't know how often this occurs, but it was funny to see how it happens. They only picked people who were dressed up in Hogwarts-y outfits and took panoramics of the line. In addition, no one was asked to be filmed, and they got quite a few shots of everyone, without distributing press/media waivers.

pdjennings Profile Photo
pdjennings
#1590Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 2:42pm

hermionejuliet said: "There's a nice Dress Circle Row B seat for $130 a part on May 23rd."

Grabbed it. Thanks for the heads up! :)

(Insert Clever Name)
#1591Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 3:03pm

That makes sense, no one cared anyway, most were trying to get into shots rather than stay out of them. I also asked one of the merch stand workers about the special merch, and he said he couldn't say anything, but advised me to wait until tonight to buy things, as what was available last night will still be available tonight.

Chiasgirl
#1592Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/11/18 at 8:25pm

According to Ticketmaster - 

Latest Ticket Update

Great seats just released for May 16-27. Best availability on weekday performances

Most of those dates are past their 14 day return window. Some really good seats, for example, Orchestra F 2,4,6 for $249 per part. I would think these are some of the best seats in the house. And they aren’t in the highest price band. 

Unfortunately, we cannot return ours at this time. 

Cbryanshow
#1593Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 12:09am

Hey guys coming in from Louisiana from the 20th-24th. Can anyone sell me a ticket,looking for cheap as possible so doesn't matter if im far from stage. Ty

Alex172005
#1594Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 10:44am

Just returned 2 tickets for the June 6 performances.

They were prime tickets, Orchestra Left, Row F, Seats 25-27.

Lauren2
#1595Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 11:22am

Do you guys know where the stage door is for the Lyric theater? I looked on the website and it’s not there. And do you know if the Harry Potter cast comes out for both parts or just one?

(Insert Clever Name)
#1596Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 12:31pm

I stagedoored last night, not too many principles came out, was there until 11, when they took down the barricades.

mikey2573
#1597Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 1:45pm

I tried for the Firday Forty yesterday for the first time.  When you go to the site you are asked to type in your email and phone number, which I did.  Then to the right of the screen that is a list of the week's performances with a bubble in front of each.  I assumed that I was to pick the shows I was interested in attending by clicking on the bubble in front of the date, which I did.  I clicked on Saturday's and Sunday's shows and the bubbles indicated that I had chosen those.  Then when I submitted the page the only performance that I saw on the next page was the Wednesday show, which I had NOT chosen.  So, I tried to click back and do it again, but I got the message that I could only enter once.  So, if I highlighted the Sat. and Sun. shows why did the website show me only the Wed. shows as ones I could attend?  Did I do something wrong? 

hufflepuffedpepper
#1598Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 2:04pm

would anyone be able to let me know how dress circle L row L is like?? :)

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#1599Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 5/12/18 at 4:09pm

hufflepuffedpepper said: "would anyone be able to let me know how dress circle L row L is like?? :)"

I sat in the dress circle the second time I saw the show and it is the best tier for the way it's staged.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Videos