pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 7

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#150FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 9:36pm

CindersGolightly said: "Listen, I know this doesn't mean anything, but Betsy is performing Let It Go at her Broadway Today concert. I'm just saying....don't be surprised come casting announcements.

"

Do you know where there is a video of that?!

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
#151FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 9:47pm

My cast...

Laura Osnes as Anna

Caroline Bowman as Elsa

Christopher Fitzgerald as Olaf

Billy Magnussen as Kristoff

Josh Young as Hans

LightsOut90
#152FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 10:14pm

Betsy is attached.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#153FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 10:41pm

Jessetenny said: "CindersGolightly said: "Listen, I know this doesn't mean anything, but Betsy is performing Let It Go at her Broadway Today concert. I'm just saying....don't be surprised come casting announcements.

"

Do you know where there is a video of that?!

"

As soon as a video is on YT, please please post it

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#154FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 10:44pm

As far as I know, there isn't a video. I heard from an audio. But she also sang it with The Skivvies, and she does this killer note on "that perfect girl" - gosh, I can't even describe it. Look it up. Amazing.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#155FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 10:53pm

Is this it? http://youtu.be/fC2nKFZTlbM

She doesn't start really singing it until 7:18.

She was amazing. That note was so astonishing.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#156FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 10:54pm

Just saw Wolfe's "Let It Go" at the Kennedy Center tonight. Holy cow, that girl can BELT. I wonder if she reads a tad too old for Elsa, but vocally, KILLER.

CindersGolightly
#157FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 11:05pm

I saw her this past summer in "Up Here" and she read no older than 23-25, maybe. Elsa is 21, no? An older 21 would work in the shows favor with a younger 18 year old looking Anna, I think.

broadwayboy223
#158FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 11:13pm

LightsOut90 said: "Betsy is attached.

"

I hope this is true! Betsy is extremely talented. I would love to see her get a huge moment. 

CindersGolightly
#159FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 11:19pm

Right? I'd love to finally see Betsy in something where she isn't just the girlfriend. I'd also love to see her nab a Tony. Fingers crossed.

BroadwayConcierge
#160FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 11:21pm

I'll be honest, I wasn't all that familiar with Betsy before tonight's performance—I had heard of the things she had been in and I knew she was a pretty good singer. But I was not prepared. She is TRULY incredible. I left, honestly, shocked that she hasn't been in more/bigger roles on Broadway. She is as much of an up-and-comer as you can ever hope for—she gained a big fan in me tonight. Can't wait to follow her career trajectory.

CindersGolightly
#161FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/27/16 at 11:35pm

Here is Betsy performing Let It Go last night.

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#162FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/28/16 at 2:35am

Okay i'm voting for Betsy... amazing voice, and she looks like Elsa... I'm down. Big yes. YES.

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#163FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/28/16 at 4:03am

Laura Osnes as Anna

Betsy Wolfe, Eden Espinosa OR Krysta Rodriguez as Elsa

Aaron Tveit as Kristoff

Josh Gad as Olaf

Kyle Dean Massey as Hans

disneybroadwayfan22
#164FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/28/16 at 6:44am

HOLY. CRAP. YES. YES. YES!

rebeccmam31
#165FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/28/16 at 7:15am

CindersGolightly said: "Here is Betsy performing Let It Go last night."

Oh, that is just lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#166FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/28/16 at 11:54am

Josh Young would be great as Hans!

broadwayboy223
#167FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 2/28/16 at 12:32pm

I truly think Betsy is the best one for the job. I hope she is indeed being pursued. Perhaps we will see when the first workshop happens if someone gets casting info for it. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#168FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/26/16 at 12:29am

According to this BACKSTAGE posting, Sven is still in the show.

http://www.backstage.com/casting/frozen-109817/kristoff-415631/#seeking

rodrigo_ca
#169FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/26/16 at 1:18am

They should cut Olaf, but merch.

Frozen would be another movie (for the best) if there wasn't this character dragging the movie down. I can't remember any scene where he is actually useful to the story. Plus, without him on the show, we would have one less song, and therefore, more space for an epic finale, a decent duet between Anna and Elsa, a quartet between Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Hans (he will be twisted to a "I'm a misunderstood kinda of guy, I just wanted to be recognized for once, so sorry", I guarantee it).

Sven could make it to the show, since Kristoff voices him, anyway. But cut or make Reindeers are better than people useful. Not that waste of an actor Jonathan Groff we saw on the movie. (really? he should have a whole "abandoned, miserable and alone" ballad).

BroadwayConcierge
#170FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/26/16 at 2:01am

rodrigo_ca said: "Not that waste of an actor Jonathan Groff we saw on the movie. (really? he should have a whole "abandoned, miserable and alone" ballad)."

Rodrigo, why are you so sad?

CindersGolightly
#171FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/26/16 at 3:45am

rodrigo_ca said: "They should cut Olaf, but merch. Frozen would be another movie (for the best) if there wasn't this character dragging the movie down. I can't remember any scene where he is actually useful to the story."

He...literally saved Anna's life.....

theatreguy12
#172FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:13am

Probably one of very few to voice dissent but I was underwhelmed with the movie. I think my expectations were too high after hearing the reviews. It was good but, imo, not the phenomenon it has become. Might be interesting to see how they capture the effects on stage though. That would be about it for me.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#173FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 2:37am

theatreguy12 said: "Probably one of very few to voice dissent but I was underwhelmed with the movie. I think my expectations were too high after hearing the reviews. It was good but, imo, not the phenomenon it has become. Might be interesting to see how they capture the effects on stage though. That would be about it for me."

You aren't one of very few, most people I know either hated the movie or hate what it became because of pop culture. I liked it but didn't love it (I still think Menken should have written the score even though I like the songs, I don't love them) and actually thought Tangled was a better film so my thought was "why is this a smash hit and Tangled was only a modest success?" oh well I guess

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#174FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 7:13am

LightsOut90 said: "Betsy is attached."

Joslyn?

Videos