pixeltracker

Broadway star sightings!- Page 7

Broadway star sightings!

Laurhearts SA Profile Photo
Laurhearts SA
#150re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/17/07 at 11:47pm

After the Tony Awards, I was waiting were everyone else was waiting at the end of the show, near the doors to leave. A lot of Spring Awakening people walked passed me.

I saw :
Krysta Rodriguez - ensembe
Gerard Canonico- enseble
Brian Charles Johnson
Matt Doyle - swing
John Gallagher Jr.

theatregeek2
#151re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 1:03am

^^^ yankeefan.....i saw julia murney at that starbucks too last may when i was in the city. she was running out to go back to the gershwin for the eve show as i was heading in......she must be a regular at that starbucks by now LOL!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#152re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 1:26am

Hal Prince, Elaine Stritch, and Stephen Sondheim coming out Sardi's while I was waiting for Les Miz Rush.

How does that happen?! Wow.

Recently, I met Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater at the stage door of "Love Musik". They were there visiting friend Michael Cerveris. This was pre-Tonys, so I only initially recognized Sheik. They were both very gracious.

About 10 minutes later, Carolee Carmello passed by on the way to her car. I stopped her to tell her how much I love for work and we ended up chatting for a few minutes. She was a total sweetheart.

I saw Laurence Fishburne and his daughter exiting the Music Box stagedoor after a performance of "Deuce". I was going to stop him but he ducked out of there quickly.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#153re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:18am

Also, Judd Hirsh is ALWAYS in my elevator!!!!!

and I once saw JRB at Chelsea studios! I died. best day of my life. except for the day I met sutton foster.

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
seymour krelborn
#154re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:43am

A few weeks ago a friend and I were walking in front of the Al Hirshfeld and out in the street was Debra Monk playing Wiffle Ball with a few of the tech guys. It made my day.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#155re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:47am

I saw Stephanie March hailing a taxi with friends a couple of weeks ago.

Laurhearts SA Profile Photo
Laurhearts SA
#156re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 12:41pm

I don't remember off the top of my head who the actress was, but I saw "Mama" from Chicago walk pass me.

I saw practically the whole cast of Spring Awakening, except for Lea Michele, at Ars Nova when Lauren Pritchard sang. I saw Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater there also.

avab802 Profile Photo
avab802
#157re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 1:06pm

I came in here to post mine, then realized I already posted them. And I can't remember any more.
But I was skimming through some of the more recent posts in this thread, and now I'm wondering...

Why are people surprised when an actor seems less than thrilled to be stopped and gushed at when they are going about their personal business? I'm sure those who posted were polite, but still.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#158re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 2:54pm

I've seen Megan McGinnis, Tony Danza, and Liev Schrieber on separate occasions walking down the street towards the theater for the show they were in.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

forgetregret
#159re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/18/07 at 5:06pm

I saw David Hyde Pierce walking his two dogs on the Upper West Side yesterday morning. He was wearing sunglasses and a hat, but he was still very recognizable. At first I was just looking at the dogs cause they were adorable, and then I realized it was him walking them.

violet77
#160re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:06am

A few weeks ago I saw Kevin Spacey @ starbucks...yup I was too scared to go up to him...but he smiled at me

gman07 Profile Photo
gman07
#161re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:10am

Spotted Jonathan B Wright and Phoebe Strole on the L train.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#162re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:12am

^^^ yeah I saw them as well as Gideon Glick getting onto the N train tonight

educator06 Profile Photo
educator06
#163re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:13am

I saw Phoebe Strole and Jonathan B Wright in Union Square and they seemed to be very fond of each other. hmmm Updated On: 6/20/07 at 12:13 AM

gman07 Profile Photo
gman07
#164re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 12:20am

Well the rumor is that JBW and Phoebe Strole are dating, I'm not suprised.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#165re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 9:07pm

I just saw Victoria Clark and her family (I'm assuming) at Hunan Balcony on 98th and Bway! I definitely walked past, then turned around and walked past again to make sure. It was definitely her. re: Broadway star sightings!

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Yankeefan007
#166re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 9:41pm

Live here and you're bound to run into someone.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#167re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 10:04pm

"I saw Phoebe Strole and Jonathan B Wright in Union Square and they seemed to be very fond of each other. hmmm"

Thanks for suspecting what has obviously been going on for the past seven months.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#168re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/20/07 at 10:13pm

Becoz_i_knew_you21, I think everyone on The Guilty Ones may know, but here, I don't think it's been talked about it at all.

Back on topic, I see Troy Britton Johnson ALL THE TIME. I fondly remember last year, when we were watching them put up the huge Drowsy sticker thing at the Marquis, and him and Jason Kravitz were just staring at it. My friends and I were watching as well, and we commented to them that they looked great in the pictures. They commented how weird it was to be absolutely huge on that sign.

I also saw Phoebe Strole on the street today. She looked extremely happy and content - I guess she had a good performance as Wendla today.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#169re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/21/07 at 2:13am

Thank you, popular_elphie, I was thinking the same thing. No need to be snotty about it, Becoz; not everyone pays attention to Spring Awakening gossip.

I saw Stephanie March at the performance of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang where the car broke down and they stopped the show for 45 minutes.

I passed Norbert Leo Butz on 8th during DRS and ran into a stack of metal street barriers doing a double-take.

I saw Max von Essen somewhere in Chelsea awhile back and walked into a pole.

I saw Jai Rodriguez on 8th and dropped my bagel cream cheese side down onto my black peacoat.

I wish I could say the resulting accidents were due to being "star struck" or something but no, I really am just that much of a klutz. Walking + looking = too much to handle at once.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#170re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/21/07 at 2:20am

"Becoz; not everyone pays attention to Spring Awakening gossip."

I don't, it gets around. Sorry I came off as rude.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#171re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/21/07 at 10:00am

I saw Mare Winningham walking down 7th avenue yesterday.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#172re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:23pm

Becoz, I keep wondering what show your picture of Ms. Scott is from. My gosh, she's so beautiful . . .
Broadway Blog: Confessions of a (Former) Stage Door Johnny

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#173re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:25pm

"Becoz, I keep wondering what show your picture of Ms. Scott is from. My gosh, she's so beautiful . . ."

It's from the The Last 5 Years.

ashley0139
#174re: Broadway star sightings!
Posted: 6/21/07 at 9:31pm

Walked past Lisa Brescia today on 44th and 8th. She looked adorable.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Videos