Tarzan Reviews

singinswinga Profile Photo
singinswinga
#150re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 4:42pm

The Washington Post says it's asthetically pleasing and the Tarzan guy (sorry for sounding like a philistine) is a potential teenybopper heartthrob but it pretty much sucks otherwise.

I know this groc'ry clerk...

sondwisenheimer Profile Photo
sondwisenheimer
#151re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 5:00pm

Despite - or maybe because of - the negativity of most of the reviews and the Fraggle Rock look of the ape costumes, I am more anxious than ever to see this show next week and form my own opinion.

RentBoy86
#152re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 5:04pm

Teen hearthrob? He's comes across as a big wimp.

When's the recording come out? June something or rather. I might pick it up to see what all the fuss is about.

Rentaholic2
#153re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 5:10pm

sondwise, you just made me really want a Fraggle Rock the Musical...oh, the possibilites.

buddha2 Profile Photo
buddha2
#154re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 5:31pm

News flash: Disney changes name from "Tarzan" to "Dance of the Apes", DOA for short
Updated On: 5/11/06 at 05:31 PM

treyisthekiller Profile Photo
treyisthekiller
#155re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 5:36pm

hahahahaha

'Acting provides the fulfillment of never being fulfilled. You're never as good as you'd like to be. So there's always something to hope for.' -- Washington Irving

morningglory
#156re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 6:05pm

YEOW, Munk! I hadn't seen that picture until now! I almost lost it all over my keyboard! If I had even the least bit of interest in seeing this show - - its all gone now!

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#157re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 7:53pm

Well, despite the reviews, it is still one of the first shows I'm gonna see on my upcoming November trip (fingers crossed).
First of all, because I've never been dissapointed from a Disney production, in terms of entertainment and secondly, because Josh looks sooo sexy in that video, that I wish I could play a lion and eat him alive ! How long is he contracted, does anyone know ? I hope he is there in November !

RentBoy86
#158re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 8:01pm

I would imagine he'd be there for at least a year unless something comes up.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#159re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 8:10pm

Thank you rentboy ! That gives me a lot of time to organize his kidnapping LOL

Yankeefan007
#160re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 8:28pm

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/Living/theater_reviews.jsp

Roma doesn't even mention Jenn Gambatese.

RentBoy86
#161re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 8:48pm

For anyone who doesn't know...Josh & Jenn will be performing on Good Morning America on Monday, the 15th.
Tarzan Article

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#162re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 9:23pm

Really in depth review of the score - to me an intregal part of any musical

Here & there, glints of talent shown through - Clive Barnes NY Post

Collins score has an earthiness but no dramatic power - Kissel NY News

This is what is called Reviews in the Express lane. Really in depth ( not )

Poster Emeritus

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#163re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/11/06 at 9:42pm

I love the video. It shows most of the first 10 minutes of the show, which is the best part of it.

neddyfrank2
#164re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 12:56am

Does anybody know which child played young tarzan on opening, and which one is in the preview video?
Updated On: 5/12/06 at 12:56 AM

gboogie
#165re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 2:56am

Alex Rutherford played Young Tarzan on Opening Night. Both Alex Rutherford and Daniel Manche are in the video preview.

andrewleeds
#166re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 3:07am

Does anybody else find it strange that there isn't a review from Broadway.com? Usually when a show opens, they post their own review and then a compilation of other reviews. Why not for Tarzan?

MargoChanning
#167re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 3:26am

I agree it's very strange that Broadway.com never posted a review. They ALWAYS review every Broadway opening and most major Off-Broadway ones. And they actually have more than one critic, so I'm not sure why one of them hasn't filed a review yet.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

GuyfromGermany Profile Photo
GuyfromGermany
#168re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 3:41am

I'm quite sure the was a review up on Broadway.com sometime yesterday but when I visited the site a little later it had mysteriously disappeared...

In the real world the only people who burst into song are the hopelessly deranged...

RentBoy86
#169re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 5:03am

I thought I remember reading on the review thread about a Broadway.com review. Maybe it was too harsh or just had some bad facts in it or something? who knows.

Yankeefan007
#170re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 6:08am

Broadway.com's review was up for about 5 minutes midday, yesterday. It wasn't very positive.

sondwisenheimer Profile Photo
sondwisenheimer
#171re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 11:01am

I notice on the official "Tarzan" site, the "reviews" page just says that they will post reviews on May 11th.

Hmmmmm....

shesamarshmallow
#172re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 11:37am

If another review starts with "You Tarzan, Me (adjective or phrase)" I'll stab something.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

JacobHall
#173re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 3:49pm

It's so interesting to hear such mixed reviews about this show....some people love it and others absolutely hate it.
Im going to have to check it out asap.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#174re: Tarzan Reviews
Posted: 5/12/06 at 4:56pm

RentBoy, perhaps you should stop making generalizations about things you know nothing about. :)

Videos