COVID Cancellations

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1775COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 12:38pm

Thanks for the concern. I’ve felt fine since I got home. I’ve been staying home (unless you count me going thru drive-thru or going quickly inside Zaxby’s with my N95 mask on to pick up my to-go order). Out of an abundance of caution, I’m skipping visiting my mom at her nursing home today. I usually visit during the week too, but as I resume work (ah!) for the first time in 22 months on Monday, I won’t be able to visit her again until next Saturday (she’s most lucid in the afternoons). Also, this morning I finally got around to scheduling a PCR test for Tuesday (first available I could find) after work (that feels both nice and weird to say).  

I probably wouldn’t be going out much (other than visiting my mom) even if I hadn’t gone to NYC. Our idiot governor here has taken his hands off the wheel in relation to the pandemic. He can’t even show good leadership by getting the booster (“my doctor hasn’t told me to&rdquoCOVID performance cancellation. Meanwhile, yesterday Oklahoma had its second highest number of daily cases (and they don’t even have a system in place to count at-home or rapid tests). The state had 21 new Covid deaths which may seem low, but still if that number holds steady (or escalates) that adds up over a month. And hospitalizations are up, too. So yeah…staying home a lot here in under vaccinated un-masked Oklahoma. 

Sorry….sorry…not trying to be Debbie Downer…lol. I do think by spring/summer, things will be looking much better. I re-start work travel the end of February. Gotta get those Delta skymiles and Hilton Honors points up for future trips to NYC. Lol. Maybe, I’ll even eventually get to do my dream trip to Tokyo (cancelled way before the pandemic for other reasons).  

And I must be way outta the loop. I have no idea what a Wordle is. I think I got off the train after I learned how to do Sudoku. 

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#1776COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 1:24pm

pagereynolds said: "The reality is that the vast majority of people I know who have had COVID recently (including myself) were vaccinated and boosted. If you risked eating indoors, you need to get tested."

yes

Given that I am reminded that my grandfather and my uncle died two weeks apart in January 1919 during the last great pandemic, there are activities in which I no longer engage.  Flying in a jet airliner, attending theater, and eating indoors are just three of those.  Perhaps in the future, but certainly not now.  As well, I would not want to unknowingly pass the virus on to others.  More than one hundred years on, I hope not to be the next family member to die in a global pandemic.

Non sibi sed patriae

pagereynolds
#1777COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 2:01pm

Highland Guy said: "pagereynolds said: "The reality is that the vast majority of people I know who have had COVID recently (including myself) were vaccinated and boosted. If you risked eating indoors, you need to get tested."

yes

Given that I am reminded that my grandfather and my uncle died two weeks apart in January 1919 during the last great pandemic, there are activities in which I no longer engage. Flying in a jet airliner, attending theater, and eating indoors are just three of those. Perhaps in the future, but certainly not now. As well, I would not want to unknowingly pass the virus on to others. More than one hundred years on, I hope not to be the next family member to die in a global pandemic.
"

This is sort of where we are. We went back to indoor dining last March after we were fully vaccinated. We have been to the theatre more than a dozen times since September. It would be irresponsible for US to engage in either one of these things right now with NYC's positivity rate around 25%. Everyone gets to make that decision for themselves.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#1778COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 2:12pm

2 p.m. Assassins cancelled due to breakthrough positive tests in the company.

Updated On: 1/8/22 at 02:12 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1779COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 2:52pm

And speaking of Oklahoma…the Mean Girls tour had to cancel yesterday’s and today’s Tulsa performances due to breakthrough cases.  

BCfitasafiddle
#1780COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 3:22pm

TaffyDavenport said: "2 p.m. Assassins cancelled due to breakthrough positive tests in the company."

Are they still being considered breakthrough cases? Considering everyone's getting this variant, despite vaccinations and boosters...

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#1781COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 3:31pm

That's how their announcement worded it.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#1782COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:12pm

pagereynolds said: "Highland Guy said: "pagereynolds said: "The reality is that the vast majority of people I know who have had COVID recently (including myself) were vaccinated and boosted. If you risked eating indoors, you need to get tested."

yes

Given that I am reminded that my grandfather and my uncle died two weeks apart in January 1919 during the last great pandemic, there are activities in which I no longer engage. Flying in a jet airliner, attending theater, and eating indoors are just three of those. Perhaps in the future, but certainly not now. As well, I would not want to unknowingly pass the virus on to others. More than one hundred years on, I hope not to be the next family member to die in a global pandemic.
"

This is sort of where we are. We went back to indoor dining last March after we were fully vaccinated. We have been to the theatre more than a dozen times since September. It would be irresponsible for US to engage in either one of these things right now with NYC's positivity rate around 25%. Everyone gets to make that decision for themselves.
"

I think you are correct, on that last sentence. Back in 2020, when there were no other defenses, except just staying home, it was reasonable to put a one-size-fits-all solution on our response. But now, in 2022, it's all about assessing your own personal risk, and making decisions accordingly.

Me, personally? I'm still going to the theatre, and eating at restaurants. Heck, I'm going to a football game tomorrow (Go Bills!). I'm just not afraid of covid anymore, and made a personal 2022 New Year's resolution to resume the life I paused in March 2020. Maybe this is because I'm not only vaccinated & boosted, but also recently recovered (and I'm talking tested positive on 12/23, and tested negative on 1/2). But I just feel pretty content with my risk level right now.

Nevertheless, though, that's just me. Other people will choose to handle/live life in this wave differently, and I certainly will not cast stones at them for that. Eventually, we're all going to have to learn how to live with this virus anyway, and as long as a person did their part and got vaccinated (and preferably wears a mask in public during a surge), I see no reason to judge them for choosing to have fun again. It's been a hard two years.

pattilupony
#1783COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:18pm

Full cast for the principals at Moulin Rouge today, looks like they're finally over their infection hump as well!

pagereynolds
#1784COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:19pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "pagereynolds said: "Highland Guy said: "pagereynolds said: "The reality is that the vast majority of people I know who have had COVID recently (including myself) were vaccinated and boosted. If you risked eating indoors, you need to get tested."

yes

"

"

I think you are correct, on that last sentence. Back in 2020, when there were no other defenses, except just staying home, it was reasonable to put a one-size-fits-all solution on our response. But now, in 2022, it's all about assessing your own personal risk, and making decisions accordingly.

Me, personally? I'm still going to the theatre, and eating at restaurants. Heck, I'm going to a football game tomorrow (Go Bills!). I'm just not afraid of covid anymore, and made a personal 2022 New Year's resolution to resume the life I paused in March 2020. Maybe this is because I'm not only vaccinated & boosted, but also recently recovered (and I'm talking tested positive on 12/23, and tested negative on 1/2). But I just feel pretty content with my risk level right now.

Nevertheless, though, that's just me. Other people will choose to handle/live life in this wave differently, and I certainly will not cast stones at them for that. Eventually, we're all going to have to learn how to live with this virus anyway, and as long as a person did their part and got vaccinated (and preferably wears a mask in public during a surge), I see no reason to judge them for choosing to have fun again. It's been a hard two years.
"

Again, great for you. Given that 23 shows are on TKTS on a Saturday night, most people aren't taking the risk.

BroadwayRox3588
#1785COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:24pm

pagereynolds said: "Again, great for you. Given that 23 shows are on TKTS on a Saturday night, most people aren't taking the risk."

"Most" is an interesting word. I think more people are willing to venture out right now than you'd think. They just aren't admitting it, because they're afraid of getting (unfairly) attacked for it.

But hey, I'm not gonna get into an argument about this. You live life how you want to, and I will do the same for myself. No judgement here.

BroadwayRox3588
#1786COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:24pm

pattilupony said: "Full cast for the principals at Moulin Rouge today, looks like they're finally over their infection hump as well!"

Oh wow, really?! Even Natalie? 

Codeman109
#1787COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:36pm

Josh Breckenridge was on for today’s matinee in Come From Away. Show is still amazing

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#1788COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:40pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Other people will choose to handle/live life in this wave differently, and I certainly will not cast stones at them for that. Eventually, we're all going to have to learn how to live with this virus anyway, and as long as a person did their part and got vaccinated (and preferably wears a mask in public during a surge), I see no reason to judge them for choosing to have fun again. It's been a hard two years."

This is probably the most mature response/approach to this moment of time, which I think is great. I don’t personally agree with you (for my own health and others, ideally) but it’d be great if this could become to more standard approach to it. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

BroadwayRox3588
#1789COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:50pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Other people will choose to handle/live life in this wave differently, and I certainly will not cast stones at them for that. Eventually, we're all going to have to learn how to live with this virus anyway, and as long as a person did their part and got vaccinated (and preferably wears a mask in public during a surge), I see no reason to judge them for choosing to have fun again. It's been a hard two years."

This is probably the most mature response/approach to this moment of time, which I think is great. I don’t personally agree with you (for my own health and others, ideally) but it’d be great if this could become to more standard approach to it.
"

Thank you. And I hope you continue making decisions to best serve your health and personal situation.

Stay healthy, and be good to yourself! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1790COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:50pm

Codeman109 said: "Josh Breckenridge was on for today’s matinee in Come From Away. Show is still amazing"

Was Josh the only standby on? I know Julie, Happy and John are all out with COVID.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

pattilupony
#1791COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 5:56pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "pattilupony said: "Full cast for the principals at Moulin Rouge today, looks like they're finally over their infection hump as well!"

Oh wow, really?! Even Natalie?
"

Natalie and Ricky were back last night and then Holly James was back for the matinee today 

BroadwayRox3588
#1792COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 6:14pm

https://twitter.com/classicstage/status/1479933688255238145

Looks like Assassins is going on tonight.

ghostlight2
#1793COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 9:24pm

"All I will say is this. In general, I consider myself pro-union. However, if these unions are going to object to a booster mandate, just to start petty, inconsequential arguments, I might have to rethink that position."

I've asked you publicly and privately, and now I'm going to ask you respectfully, again, to correct this lie of yours, BroadwayRox3588, No union member has or is going to risk their health in order to "start petty, inconsequential arguments"

You can't point to where union members are objecting to a "booster mandate". No such thing is happening. That is a lie.

Updated On: 1/8/22 at 09:24 PM

NotThatSmart Profile Photo
NotThatSmart
#1794COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 10:30pm

Kyle Selig has stepped in to the role of Aaron Samuels on the Mean Girls tour currently in Oklahoma, per both his and Erika Hennigsen’s Instagram stories. 

Updated On: 1/8/22 at 10:30 PM

BroadwayRox3588
#1795COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 10:33pm

ghostlight2 said: ""All I will say is this. In general, I consider myself pro-union. However, if these unions are going to object to a booster mandate, just to start petty, inconsequential arguments, I might have to rethink that position."

I've asked you publicly and privately, and now I'm going to ask you respectfully, again, to correct this lie of yours,BroadwayRox3588, No union member has or is going to risk their health in order to "start petty, inconsequential arguments"

You can't point to where union members are objecting to a "booster mandate". No such thing is happening. That is a lie.
"

Have a good night.

VintageSnarker
#1796COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 10:48pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Nevertheless, though, that's just me. Other people will choose to handle/live life in this wave differently, and I certainly will not cast stones at them for that. Eventually, we're all going to have to learn how to live with this virus anyway, and as long as a person did their part and got vaccinated (and preferably wears a mask in public during a surge), I see no reason to judge them for choosing to have fun again. It's been a hard two years."

Maybe it's (most) of the shows I've chosen to see but I've come to feel relatively safe in a theater for a few hours if they're not selling concessions. Aside from social distancing, it's doesn't feel much riskier than grocery shopping or other errands as long as I'm picking the right shows. I am building an ever growing resentment for a unmasked and probably unvaccinated people in every subway car on the way to the theater but right now that's my major hesitation in purchasing tickets. Anyway, there's nothing on my wish list that's much of a draw to a younger audience besides Hadestown so I'll just wait until this surge hopefully tapers. 

BroadwayRox3588
#1797COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 11:03pm

VintageSnarker said: "I am building an ever growing resentment for unmasked and probably unvaccinated people in every subway car"

Don't even get me started. I may not be afraid of covid anymore, but I damn sure will wear my mask on a crowded subway car (and really any public indoor space). I'm very low risk, especially after having recently recovered, but I don't know the health status of those around me.

The complete disregard these people have for the comfort and safety of those around them is completely abhorrent.

ghostlight2
#1798COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 11:25pm

BROADWAYROX3588 (not ghostlight2): said: ""All I will say is this. In general, I consider myself pro-union. However, if these unions are going to object to a booster mandate, just to start petty, inconsequential arguments, I might have to rethink that position."

ghostlight2 said: "I've asked you publicly and privately, and now I'm going to ask you respectfully, again, to correct this lie of yours,BroadwayRox3588, No union member has or is going to risk their health in order to "start petty, inconsequential arguments"

ghostlight2 said:: You can't point to where union members are objecting to a "booster mandate". No such thing is happening. That is a lie.
"

BroadwayRox3588 said:: "Have a good night".

What a waste of bandwidth to copy and  paste all of that just to wish me a "good night", BroadwayRox3588.

You, BroadwayRox3588, have claimed, in this thread, that "unions are going to object to a booster mandate, just to start petty, inconsequential arguments"

This is an outright lie that you cannot back up, BroadwayRox3588, It should be a crime to spread libelous information in this trying time of covid

Updated On: 1/8/22 at 11:25 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1799COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 1/8/22 at 11:33pm

VintageSnarker said: "Maybe it's (most) of the shows I've chosen to see but I've come to feel relatively safe in a theater for a few hours if they're not selling concessions."

For what it’s worth, none of the three shows (Assassins, Company, Caroline, or Change) I saw this week sold concessions  

Videos