pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 73

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

Chiasgirl
#1800Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 8:43am

If you call Ticketmaster, they can see additional seats. We had a friend decide to join us. When he looked online it kept offering him a specific seat. If you increased the number of tickets, it chose other seats in the same price band. So, he called Ticketmaster and they were able to offer him other seats including the one right next to us. 

Hope that makes sense!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1801Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 9:37am

ak72090 said: "Anyone sit in balcony left row D? I know there’s a railing behind row B, and I have a short girlfriend, and I hope the view isn’t too obstructed. We’re the very last seats on the end against the wall for reference."

A friend of mine is sitting in balcony D 24 later this month, so I went up and took pics from the seat, without and with a booster. As you can see, the seat cushion really helps, and there should be very little obstruction, if any.  Also, as with all pics, the stage looks much closer in person.

vampire musical
#1802Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 12:18pm

Looking at tickets and for $250 total each I could do Center Balcony A on the aisle or Dress Circle Left A closest to the wall. Is being in the Dress Circle worth sitting all the way to the left?

Updated On: 6/1/18 at 12:18 PM

amaklo
#1803Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 1:00pm

Chiasgirl said: "If you call Ticketmaster, they can see additional seats. We had a friend decide to join us. When he looked online it kept offering him a specific seat. If you increased the number of tickets, it chose other seats in the same price band. So, he called Ticketmaster and they were able to offer him other seats including the one right next to us.

Hope that makes sense!
"

Thanks Chiasgirl!  I called and was able to get seats exactly when and where I wanted.  I appreciate your help!  P.S.  For anyone interested, the agent told me these new tickets are not refundable.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1804Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 2:16pm

vampire musical said: "Looking at tickets and for $250 total eachI could do Center Balcony A on the aisle or Dress Circle Left A closest to the wall. Is being in the Dress Circle worth sitting all the way to the left?"

In the dress circle, you'd most likely have to lean forward over the railing the whole time to see the stage, but you would be much closer to it and the actors. In the balcony, you'd be further away, but you would have a great full-on view of the stage.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/85498/Lyric+Theatre/section-Dress+Circle+Right/row-A/seat-28+and+30/

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/85498/Lyric+Theatre/section-Dress+Circle+Right/row-A/seat-28+and+30/

vampire musical
#1805Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 3:07pm

CT2NYC said: "vampire musical said: "Looking at tickets and for $250 total eachI could do Center Balcony A on the aisle or Dress Circle Left A closest to the wall. Is being in the Dress Circle worth sitting all the way to the left?"

In the dress circle, you'd most likely have to lean forward over the railing the whole time to see the stage, but you would be much closer to it and the actors. In the balcony, you'd be further away, but you would have a great full-on view of the stage.

"

Thanks!! Very helpful to see this 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1806Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 3:14pm

vampire musical said: "CT2NYC said: "vampire musical said: "Looking at tickets and for $250 total eachI could do Center Balcony A on the aisle or Dress Circle Left A closest to the wall. Is being in the Dress Circle worth sitting all the way to the left?"

"

Thanks!! Very helpful to see this
"

You're welcome, but I accidentally put 2 links for the dress circle seats. I meant to include this link to the balcony seats, as well:

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/84119/Lyric+Theatre/section-Balcony+Center/row-A/seat-101/

angoradebs
#1807Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 7:18pm

CT2NYC said: "ak72090 said: "Anyone sit in balcony left row D? I know there’s a railing behind row B, and I have a short girlfriend, and I hope the view isn’t too obstructed. We’re the very last seats on the end against the wall for reference."

A friend of mine is sitting in balcony D 24 later this month, so I went up and took pics from the seat, without and with a booster. As you can see, the seat cushion really helps, and there should be very little obstruction, if any.Also, as with all pics, the stage looks much closer in person.

"

Thank you so much for posting this! D22 & 24 are two of the seats I have for my August trip and I've been really worried about the railing. Based on pictures from before the renovation it looked like they had made it more of an obstruction than it was before, but this makes me feel better. Also, is it just the angle of the picture, or is there no row C seat directly in front of D24? That's an added bonus

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1808Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 8:31pm

angoradebs said: "CT2NYC said: "ak72090 said: "Anyone sit in balcony left row D? I know there’s a railing behind row B, and I have a short girlfriend, and I hope the view isn’t too obstructed. We’re the very last seats on the end against the wall for reference."

A friend of mine is sitting in balcony D 24 later this month, so I went up and took pics from the seat, without and with a booster. As you can see, the seat cushion really helps, and there should be very little obstruction, if any.Also, as with all pics, the stage looks much closer in person.

"

Thank you so much for posting this! D22 & 24 are two of the seats I have for my August trip and I've been really worried about the railing. Based on pictures from before the renovation it lookedlike they had made it more of an obstruction than it was before, but this makes me feel better.Also, is it just the angle of the picture, or is there no row C seat directly in front of D24? That's an added bonus
"

Sorry for getting your hopes up, but there is a row C seat directly in front of D 24.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#1809Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 9:22pm

I sat in C17 in the balcony. I had to lean forward a little bit but it was a great view. (I am also, in a word - short) 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#1810Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 10:41pm

So I got my seat for this show way back in February and got Left Balcony A21.  Now I'm worried because on Viewfrommyseat.com others who sat in A23 - A29 posted pictures of the horrible view - have to lean forward and there is a gargoyle light fixture blocking part of the stage.

Now I'm tall so I really am not worried about seeing over the railing but with the curvature of the balcony will I be screwed with my seat?  I will be pretty pissed that I paid $350 for this thing and I have to struggle to see the stage.

Anyone been in A21 that could curb my fears?  Or should I sell or return my ticket and find another seat?  There are other singles available for my date in August.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#1811Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/1/18 at 10:50pm

Why wouldn't you return that seat and buy something better? You could be in the dress circle for that price. 

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1812Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/2/18 at 4:12pm

How have people’s luck been walking up to the box office and asking for a specific date? How much have tickets been and where?

angoradebs
#1813Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/2/18 at 5:33pm

CT2NYC said:

Sorry for getting your hopes up, but there is a row C seat directly in front of D 24."

Oh, that's okay! Still looks like a decent view for 40/part. Thanks!

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#1814Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/2/18 at 10:14pm

Shubert Alley Cat said: "So I got my seat for this show way back in February and got Left Balcony A21. Now I'm worried because on Viewfrommyseat.com others who sat in A23 - A29 posted pictures of the horrible view - have to lean forward and there is a gargoyle light fixture blocking part of the stage.

Now I'm tall so I really am not worried about seeing over the railing but with the curvature of the balcony will I be screwed with my seat? I will be pretty pissed that I paid $350 for this thing and I have to struggle to see the stage.

Anyone been in A21 that could curb my fears? Or should I sell or return my ticket and find another seat? There are other singles available for my date in August.
"

Would Row X Seat 28 in the Orchestra be better than my Balcony A21 seat?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1815Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/2/18 at 10:57pm

Shubert Alley Cat said: "So I got my seat for this show way back in February and got Left Balcony A21. Now I'm worried because on Viewfrommyseat.com others who sat in A23 - A29 posted pictures of the horrible view - have to lean forward and there is a gargoyle light fixture blocking part of the stage.

Now I'm tall so I really am not worried about seeing over the railing but with the curvature of the balcony will I be screwed with my seat? I will be pretty pissed that I paid $350 for this thing and I have to struggle to see the stage.

Anyone been in A21 that could curb my fears? Or should I sell or return my ticket and find another seat? There are other singles available for my date in August.
"

I'm pretty sure balcony A 21 is a great seat. I believe seats 23-29 are progressively problematic because as they extend further into the curve of the balcony they are more set back from the edge. Personally, I would sit there over orchestra X 28. The balcony offers an amazing view of some of the effects, and you wouldn't be able to see them from the rear orchestra.

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#1816Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/2/18 at 11:13pm

Shubert Alley Cat said: "Shubert Alley Cat said: "So I got my seat for this show way back in February and got Left Balcony A21. Now I'm worried because on Viewfrommyseat.com others who sat in A23 - A29 posted pictures of the horrible view - have to lean forward and there is a gargoyle light fixture blocking part of the stage.

"

Would Row X Seat 28 in the Orchestra be better than my Balcony A21 seat?
"

Like CT2NYC said I would recommend Balcony A21 over Orchestra X 28.

my friends and I have sat Balcony A23-29 and yes the curve is harsher the higher the number but 23 was straight on. And I’ve sat Orchestra X 28 and would choose Balcony A21 between the two to get a fuller experience 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1817Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/18 at 9:22am

Orchestra J 24 is available on Ticketmaster for this Tuesday 6/5, $130 per part.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#1818Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/18 at 9:30am

I have seen the play from a few different views. I sat Orchestra row J seat 10 and row Y seat 4 as well as Balcony for F seat 15.  Orchestra row J seat 10 was by far the best view. Row Y seat 4 was annoying because threes a pillar that blocks some the stage. The balcony seat was fine, but it is very high up, and it is hard to make out faces and smaller details.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

bfreak
#1819Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/18 at 9:48am

I would also totally recommend Orchestra Row J. I sat Seat 31 last week (all the way on the side) and the view was still perfect, full view, and with very little obstructions (the most I missed was a person standing and talking on a staircase for literally 30 seconds in Part One). I think Orchestra is the best view for this show, because the Dress Circle and Balcony looked too far away compared to usual theatres.

Steph N
#1820Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/18 at 10:09am

Won the Friday Forty for Sat 6/2. $20/ticket. Seats were Orch Left, Row A Seats 9-11. Great seats, There were a few things happening towards the back of the stage that we missed since the stage is so high 

JoshH43
#1821Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/18 at 4:50pm

June 14th and 15th has 6 $40/part tickets available now.  They're Balcony left, Row E, seats 1-11.

dumphim
#1822Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/3/18 at 6:06pm

Thanks, I got E9-11! So excited!

ak72090
#1823Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 12:56am

Thank you so much! This really helps, I appreciate it. Hope you loved the show!

I CT2NYC said: "ak72090 said: "Anyone sit in balcony left row D? I know there’s a railing behind row B, and I have a short girlfriend, and I hope the view isn’t too obstructed. We’re the very last seats on the end against the wall for reference."

"

azleafcat
#1824Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 10:13am

Got two tickets in Orchestra Right Row W for $145 per part for September 27 and 28.

Would the Lyric Theatre Box Office be able to process cancellations/changes for Ticketmaster orders placed after May 2018?  I may have jumped the gun on purchasing these tickets.

Updated On: 6/4/18 at 10:13 AM

Videos