pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 74

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#1825Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 11:45am

azleafcat said: "Got two tickets in Orchestra Right Row Wfor $145 per part for September 27 and 28.

Would the Lyric Theatre Box Office be able to process cancellations/changes for Ticketmaster orders placed after May 2018? I may have jumped the gun on purchasing these tickets.
"

Highly unlikely, and they'd probably just refer you back to Ticketmaster.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#1826Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 12:02pm

I went to the box office and asked for a few specific dates. None had any cheaper tickets, and then I asked broadly and the woman just laughed.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1827Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 1:44pm

The box office is open on mondays?
Do you think it's because that guy wrote that article? He made it seem like it was so easy.

(Insert Clever Name)
#1828Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 1:47pm

I went yesterday, and this is my second time trying once on April 10, same response and once yesterday.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#1829Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 1:51pm

It is easy, if you purchased them before they changed the policy. After, you won’t be able to get a refund

Notreallysilent 2
#1830Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 2:14pm

The same thing happened to me. You have to make sure you know specific dates that you want to ask for at the box office. The box office people are nice and they’ll help, but there is nothing they can do if you just ask for cheap tickets for the month of June. A couple times I went to the box office and asked vague dates like that and all they told me was that they haven’t seen anything and to just keep coming back and checking. I’m sure if you asked something like cheapest tickets for this week they might be able to help, but not if you ask a more broad question.

(Insert Clever Name)
#1831Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/4/18 at 2:45pm

Heres the convo: Can you check for entry level tickets for Wed. Aug. 29th?

Sure. None are available

How about November 8th and 9th?

Nope.

Do you have any entry level tickets at all?

No, check the next release. Goodbye

SFFrontRow
#1832Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/5/18 at 12:35pm

What’s the deal that you can not select seats from the seating chart. This blind assignment punished me for being a single. Got 5th row extreme side for Part 1 and further back extreme side for Part 2. This was for single day matinee and evening.

Did same for Angels and not only got seat selection option, but it was same seat for both parts. For $390 total ($199 Part 1, $169 for Part 2), you’d think they would treat you better. They should rename the show Harry Potter and the Cursed Seating Assignments.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#1833Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/5/18 at 12:41pm

SFFrontRow said: "What’s the deal that you can not select seats from the seating chart. This blind assignment punished me for being a single. Got 5th row extreme side for Part 1 and further back extreme side for Part 2. This was for single day matinee and evening.

Did same for Angels and not only got seat selection option, but it was same seat for both parts. For $390 total ($199 Part 1, $169 for Part 2), you’d think they would treat you better. They should rename the show Harry Potter and the Cursed Seating Assignments.

Did you buy the tickets consecutively, or do 2 individual purchases? All tickets purchased correctly for both shows in one day should be in the exact same seat for each performance.

I've seen the show as a single twice, and when you go to check out, you can see where your seat is, and check the official seating chart for an even more detailed view. You can choose to give the seats up if you wish.

"

Notreallysilent 2
#1834Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/5/18 at 12:43pm

Well not to sound snarky but the reason you got different seats was that you bought each ticket separately. If you had got the buy both parts option it would give you the same seat for both parts. Though I feel you it’s annoying that you can’t choose your seat since sometimes this system gives you worse seats before better ones

SFFrontRow
#1835Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/5/18 at 6:00pm

I booked in the first release, and tickets weren’t available for my original trip dates, so I extended my trip right then to see this. And, yes, I did book it as a pair. Or so I thought. The site was overloaded and pretty hosed when it first went up. I kept getting available dates, but then a message when I clicked the date saying no seats available. Then it kept rejecting my credit card.

The seats aren’t bad, but both are on orchestra far sides (E24 and U33). At the time, I’d take what I could get and be happy. Good to know they are selling paired performances as same seat. Like I said, that first release was madness, and I didn’t want to take the chance of getting shut out. Possible they ironed out the kinks once the first wave was over.

SFFrontRow
#1836Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/5/18 at 6:28pm

And as I mentioned in original post, didn’t have this problem with Angels. So, it’s not like I do t understand how to book tickets. I wouldn’t just buy one date at a time because I wouldn’t only see one part. 

amaklo
#1837Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/6/18 at 8:01am

I gave up on the website and called Ticketmaster.  They're able to see more available seats.  If you purchased early you should be able to exchange your seats for better ones. 

greenifyme2
#1838Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/6/18 at 10:06am

Last night at the show I overheard an usher tell a couple the show is sold out for the next year and a half.... it was odd.

amaklo
#1839Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/6/18 at 10:20am

greenifyme2 said: "Last night at the show I overheard an usher tell a couple the show is sold out for the next year and a half.... it was odd."

The usher is wrong.  There are seats available for almost all performances from September through the end of the year.  Maybe not cheap seats, but there are seats.  I expect that will change after the Tonys, though.

brdway411
#1840Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 1:12am

Bought tickets back in the original lottery. First time slot for tonight. Had row T seats 1 to 11. Expensive? YES, worth it, YES. One or 2 things minor sight problems but sound and another thing (cant give it away) made up for being slightly under the overhang. You Can see over the heads of the people in front of you because of the step up. People behind us were looking at the back of our heads.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1841Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 1:48am

Saw the show today thanks to the gracious poster on this board who posted a couple of weeks back that 2 affordable tickets were available for today on Ticketmaster. They weren't great seats by any means (side back balcony) but I was just thrilled to be at the show that I would have sat anywhere. My sister was also at the show but sat in the dress circle and at intermission came to tell me that there were some empty seats (1 or 2 here and there, not many)- I guess some people hasn't shown up for part two or only bought for part one. Anyway, we asked the usher and she let us sit in those seats for second half of part two. She even pointed out which seats were empty and had remained empty for part two. For those who do want to buy cheaper seats, maybe try this out. If you don't mind being split up with your party, you can try to move up after intermission.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#1842Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 1:49am

Oh, also- when I was on line heading in to the theater, there was a middle age woman in front of me and she had orchestra tickets that said $20 on them and I'm just like how????

kmissa
#1843Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 7:22am

Myshmoopsiepoo said: "Oh, also- when I was on line heading in to the theater, there was a middle age woman in front of me and she had orchestra tickets that said $20 on them and I'm just like how????"

There are 300 affordable tickets per show and I believe the cheaper seats are sprinkled throughout the theater. Even when you look at ticket types it’ll say $20-40/part can be in orchestra, dress circle, or balcony. I won the lottery and had front row seats, but I knew they could’ve placed me anywhere. I believe someone for $40-80/part orchestra not too long ago. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#1844Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 9:59am

Yes Friday Forty tickets tend to be in orchestra or dress circle for $20/part. I have a friend who had a rear orchestra seat for $20/part as well. (To me, it's an ok seat due to the mezzanine overhang.) It's still full view though.

Shreya Jain
#1845Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 11:33am

Hi all -- new on this forum, I'm living in NYC next few months and looking for ONE cheap $20/40 ticket for both parts (or even slightly more expensive) for any day from today till the next few months. Please let me know if you have any leads!

Also any tips on the cancellation line? Are there any cheap tickets available if I just walk up to the theatre? I work very close by so not a problem for me.

Steph N
#1846Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 11:36am

Shreya Jain said: "Hi all -- new on this forum, I'm living in NYC next few months and looking for ONEcheap $20/40 ticketfor both parts (or even slightly more expensive) for any day from today till the next few months. Please let me know if you have any leads!

Also any tips on the cancellation line? Are there any cheap tickets available if I just walk up to the theatre? I work very close by so not a problem for me.
"

Your best bet for $20/ticket is probably the Friday Forty lottery on TodayTix 

dumphim
#1847Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/7/18 at 11:37am

Sounds like either the Friday Forty or extensively rechecking the Ticketmaster page for your dates. I think cancellation line is mostly higher price tickets

Lauren2
#1848Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/8/18 at 6:26pm

Ticketmaster person wasn’t much help either. Guess I would just have to buy the pricy ticket I have been eyeing for months.

WickedLinds
#1849Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 6/9/18 at 12:58am

Thu/Fri July 19/20, Orchestra Y21 on Ticketmaster for $110/part.

Videos