pixeltracker

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread- Page 86

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread

LxGstv
#2125Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 11:12am

Are they still claiming to have 300 tickets priced at $20 or $40 though?! I just looked on the website and there isn’t any information about that anymore... I haven’t seen that info on their website since they removed the $20/$40 tickets... and it’s not a matter of not being available, they just don’t have them anymore.

Lauren2
#2126Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 11:29am

Is it gone for online only or has someone gone to the box office?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#2127Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 11:31am

Someone I know asked at the box offfice, and they told him that they don't have any $20-40 per part tickets left for the entire available block. I find that odd, though, since they were selling balcony seats at the beginning of July for 9/23 that would normally be that price for $80-115 per part. In fact, right now, they're selling 9/23 balcony center row G seats for $130 per part. Those have always been $40 per part seats, so that reeks of price gouging, if you ask me.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2128Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 11:49am

This is unfortunate for us Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread but at the very least they still have the Friday Forty available. The only reason I think they're doing this is probably not enough people are buying the premium tix to offset those $20-$40 tickets.

I understand they need to recoup the $68.5 million it cost to bring it to Broadway but they've been doing well thus far especially after the Tony Awards (where each week they've had over 110% gross potential.) 

LxGstv
#2129Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 11:49am

CT2NYC said: "Someone I know asked at the box offfice, and they told him that they don't have any $20-40 per part tickets left for the entire available block. I find that odd, though, since they were selling balcony seats at the beginning of July for 9/23 that would normally be that price for $80-115 per part. In fact, right now, they're selling 9/23 balcony center row G seats for $130 per part. Those have always been $40 per part seats, so that reeks of price gouging, if you ask me."

Specially when you consider the fact that some posters on this thread have mentioned they returned their tickets that were in that price range for future dates... but since they don’t have that price option anymore, they aren’t being sold for that price anymore...

Lauren2
#2130Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 12:07pm

I honestly thinks it’s bull. From someone that doesn’t live in or by NYC I get screwed. I would fly back specifically to see the show if they have 20 or 40 dollar per part tickets but I can’t pay 200-300 per part again or multiple times. And the lottery doesn’t help me. Like with my job as a nurse I can’t drop what I am doing and fly to nyc if I win the lottery. And what’s the actual chance of winning? Tried it when I was actually there on vacation and didn’t win. I need months in advance to plan a vacation. But I really want to see it again. It’s just frustrating.

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#2131Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 1:04pm

Lauren2 said: "I honestly thinks it’s bull. From someone that doesn’t live in or by NYC I get screwed. I would fly back specifically to see the show if they have 20 or 40 dollar per part tickets but I can’t pay 200-300 per part again or multiple times. And the lottery doesn’t help me. Like with my job as a nurse I can’t drop what I am doing and fly to nyc if I win the lottery. And what’s the actual chance of winning? Tried it when I was actually there on vacation and didn’t win. I need months in advance to plan a vacation. But I really want to see it again. It’s just frustrating."

If you so desperately want to see the show again, how about you take the time to save up your $$$ as you also need "months in advance" to plan? It's not like it will be leaving Broadway anytime soon. 

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye
Updated On: 8/6/18 at 01:04 PM

Lauren2
#2132Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 4:35pm

If I am paying 400-600 dollars again than I would like to see the original cast.

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#2133Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/6/18 at 4:40pm

Oof, as awful as it sounds, you aren’t entitled to see the original cast or cheap tickets. Most shows don’t have such cheap tickets widely available. Does it suck they are gone? Yes. But broadway is first and foremost a business. The cheap tickets are a gift. Above all, you don’t *have* to see it again, you want to. And I’m sure they will sell the cheap tickets again come the fall.

Srundle Profile Photo
Srundle
#2134Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 10:16am

Online for August they are no longer showing $80 option as their lowest price. It has changed to $95

Srundle Profile Photo
Srundle
#2135Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 5:05pm

Just went on stubhub and snagged tickets to tomorrow's and friday's show for $100 both parts. Orch ZZ. Any thoughts on the view? Also seems like a lot more are dropping in price for those shows

Updated On: 8/8/18 at 05:05 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#2136Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 5:16pm

Srundle said: "Just went on stubhuband snagged tickets to tomorrow's and friday'sshow for $100 each part. Orch ZZ. Any thoughts on the view? Also seems like a lot more are dropping in price for those shows"

Those are normally sold for $40 per part because you’ll miss action that happens at the top of the stage. Not a whole bunch happens there so your view will be fine, just miss minor scenic elements.

Updated On: 8/8/18 at 05:16 PM

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#2137Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 5:32pm

Srundle said: "Just went on stubhuband snagged tickets to tomorrow's and friday'sshow for $100 each part. Orch ZZ. Any thoughts on the view? Also seems like a lot more are dropping in price for those shows"

Those were definitely bought for $40 a part so if you like giving $ to scalpers... View is slightly obstructed on top

Notreallysilent 2
#2138Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 5:42pm

I sat row ZZ. Here is a link to a picture of the view. It was a good enough view though the top of the stage is obstructed by the overhang. You know I’m going to be honest it does take away from some of the magic because you can’t see the full set idk the set to me is so beautiful. Like you miss the arches and everything higher than the main clock. Everything that you need to see on stage you can see. The only thing for where I sat was the speaker covered the faces of the people that are on the top of the staircase. None of the magic that happens on stage per say is obstructed though.. Would I sit there again? Yes, but Idk if it’s the best seat to sit for your first time there.

As always in these pictures usually the view when your actually there is better than what it seems in the picture. Just thought I’d post these for reference to where the overhang is

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mCYH-S5hsafBmvG1EvDQKkhgBEQKm149

Updated On: 8/8/18 at 05:42 PM

Srundle Profile Photo
Srundle
#2139Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 6:33pm

(Insert Clever Name) said: "Srundle said: "Just went on stubhuband snagged tickets to tomorrow's and friday'sshow for $100 each part. Orch ZZ. Any thoughts on the view? Also seems like a lot more are dropping in price for those shows"

Those were definitely bought for $40 a part so if you like giving $ to scalpers...View is slightly obstructed on top
"

I miss spoke I got both parts for $100 so I am gonna consider only paying an extra $20 for original $80 is okay with me. I am only here for one more week so i consider it a win

LesWickedly
#2140Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 6:35pm

Srundle said: "(Insert Clever Name) said: "Srundle said: "Just went on stubhuband snagged tickets to tomorrow's and friday'sshow for $100 each part. Orch ZZ. Any thoughts on the view? Also seems like a lot more are dropping in price for those shows"

Those were definitely bought for $40 a part so if you like giving $ to scalpers...View is slightly obstructed on top
"

I miss spoke I got both parts for $100 so I am gonna consider only paying an extra $20 for original $80 is okay with me. I am only here for one more week so i consider it a win

"

With fees on Ticketmaster it would’ve cost $102, so great! Enjoy the show! 

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#2141Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 6:56pm

Seeing the show for the 6th time tomorrow with the first tickets I purchased back in February.

Balcony, Row A

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

angoradebs
#2142Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 7:26pm

Notreallysilent 2 said: "I sat row ZZ. Here is a link to a picture of the view. It was a good enough view though the top of the stage is obstructed by the overhang. You know I’m going to be honest it does take away from some of the magic because you can’t see the full set idk the set to me is so beautiful. Like you miss the arches and everything higher than the main clock. Everything that you need to see on stage you can see. The only thing for where I sat was the speaker covered the faces of the people that are on the top of the staircase. None of the magic that happens on stage per say is obstructed though.. Would I sit there again? Yes, but Idk if it’s the best seat to sit for your first time there.

As always in these pictures usually the view when your actually there is better than what it seems in the picture. Just thought I’d post these for reference to where the overhang is

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mCYH-S5hsafBmvG1EvDQKkhgBEQKm149
"

Thank you for these! I'm going as part of a group of 5 on Sunday. We have 3 row ZZ seats and 2 balcony row D seats. We plan to swap between acts/parts so everyone can experience both.

Unrelated question: Has anyone transferred will call tickets via ticketmaster? I'm the only one of my group that's flying in. I want to transfer tickets to people just in case something happens to my flight. Well, my flight is Friday, so if something happens I have enough time to drive up on Saturday. But then I have to worry about something happening to my car. Anyway, since we plan to seat swap I don't want to switch to mobile tickets, because then any given person might not actually have the ticket for the seat they are in, and if an usher asks it could cause problems. So I want to stick with will call/physical tickets. But there is this huge header that says in order to pick up will call tickets, you have to have the purchasing credit card. The header stays there even once I enter the ticketmaster verification code to get to the transfer page.

So has anyone used the transfer option for will call tickets, and were there any problems picking up the tickets since obviously the transferee does not have the purchasing credit card?

LesWickedly
#2143Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 7:33pm

I believe if you transfer the tickets, they’ll turn to mobile. You could always just screenshot the ticket and text to each other so you have them.

angoradebs
#2144Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 7:46pm

LesWickedly said: "I believe if you transfer the tickets, they’ll turn to mobile. You could always just screenshot the ticket and text to each other so you have them."

Does that work with ticketmaster? I tried to screenshot my Hamilton (Chicago) tickets last year so that I could just bring them up without worrying about my internet connection, but I got an error message that it was protected, and I couldn't screenshot it. And of course, they took like 3 full minutes to load while I was trying to get into the theatre, because I did not have a strong connection.

Notreallysilent 2
#2145Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 7:47pm

You can screenshot the mobile tickets and they work. You just need to screenshot the part that has the QR code

Danielle0314
#2146Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/8/18 at 8:58pm

I've also found a pretty helpful site, view from a seat I think it's called. You can see people's pics they've uploaded from their seats to know what's up.

david67
#2147Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/9/18 at 8:43pm

Is buying from StubHub okay for this show? I am hoping there won't be any problems getting in with tickets received this way. Also, how is the view from Left Balcony, Row G, Seats 17 and 19? Thank you!

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#2148Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/9/18 at 9:35pm

CT2NYC - Sent you a PM

Thanks!

Srundle Profile Photo
Srundle
#2149Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
Posted: 8/9/18 at 11:24pm

david67 said: "Is buying from StubHub okay for this show? I am hoping there won't be any problems getting in with tickets received this way. Also, how is the view from Left Balcony, Row G, Seats 17 and 19? Thank you!"

I was skeptical too but I had no problem getting into the show tonight. I arranged to pick my stubhub tickets up at their store front on 39th. It was super quick process just had to show id and sign for them. They also have a guarantee that you will get a full refund if they end up being fake which the lady reassured me they rarely see it happen

Videos