pixeltracker

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles- Page 9

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles

jo
#200LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 7:40am

Even worse, he came from a musical theatre background by way of professional experience ( Oklahoma!, Sunset Boulevard, Beauty and the Beast) - Wolverine would have gone into his famous berserker rage if he knew that the actor who would be portraying him was a song-and-dance man! LOL!

peachesr82 Profile Photo
peachesr82
#201LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 8:31am

The whole casting for this was looking great, I even loved the idea of Crowe and Tveit. I can handle Amanda Seyfried as Cosette, she has operatic training, but this Taylor Swift thing is bizarre. She must have done one hell of an audition because I just don't see it, at all. Physically I suppose they can perform something of a transformation (if they're not careful Swift, Sayfried and Tveit are going to look like sblings though!) but she really doesn't seem to have the acting or vocal chops for such a role. Such a mis-step, it was all going so well too.

p.s.
#202LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 12:02pm

Any word on the girls who would play Young Cosette and Young Eponine?

p.s.

And wouldn't it be amazing if they actually switched parts between daytime and evening showings?

Fan2
#203LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 12:18pm

This is a film, you don't "switch parts"! I'm not sure we would get any "official" announcement on the younger roles as they aren't really the main stars/roles.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#204LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 12:21pm

Wait, so, like, they're NOT doing a special matinee release of the movie with a different Gavroche and Young Cosette and an alternate Valjean? So sad. LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#206LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 3:27pm

No, but some of you Queens heads are already spinning.

beautywickedlover
#207LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/6/12 at 4:40pm

A Yahoo article talked about Seyfried's upcoming film 'Lovelace' and mentions her negotiations for Les Miserables'

"This week, it was also reported that Seyfried is in negotiations to play Cosette in the movie version of the Broadway musical "Les Miserables." She would join Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway and TAYLOR SWIFT in the film from Oscar winning director Tom Hooper ("The King's Speech")."

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/amanda-seyfried-goes-dark-play-lovelace-195022681.html

Once agian until we hear more news from somethingwicked, sources don't realize that Swift has not officially been offered the role yet nor has she begun negotiations herself. She's just the front-runner right now.

ETA: Forgot to add source, but now I just did.

Updated On: 1/6/12 at 04:40 PM

masterwolfie
#208LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/7/12 at 2:42am

Would her publicists allow the information to circulate like that, though, if she hasn't been offered the role? I also doubt they'd let it circulate if she wanted to turn down the role, unless it's a ploy to publicly one-up whoever ends up getting the role should Taylor Swift refuse it. I hate to be pessimistic, but it looks like she's going to be part of the final cast...I guess Tom Hooper can always "secretly" autotune her performance (and let the others sing live). What I'm really hoping now is that Taylor Swift will never ever ever ever EVER perform "On My Own" (or any other song from Les Miserables) at one of her concerts, in the style of a country ballad, with her guitar as accompaniment, like she has done with the national anthem on countless occasions...

Updated On: 1/7/12 at 02:42 AM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#209LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/7/12 at 10:49am

"Would her publicists allow the information to circulate like that, though, if she hasn't been offered the role?"

Of course. It gets her name out there in connection to the project. Just like Lea Michelle. From everything I've heard Lea was NEVER in consideration, yet she let her name get out there and even talked about it in interviews.

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#210LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/8/12 at 2:45am

Wait, wait, WAIT.

They can have people sing live and still fix it in post production...look no further than the "legally blonde" MTV recording, which was sweetened like crazy.

Also, I must be late to the party. Hugh Jackman is Valjean? I thought for sure Crowe was Valjean and Jackman was Javert. BOOOOOOOOOOO. Clearly I have not been paying attention.

FanofGreen
#211LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:36pm

Ay ya yai yai yai...

I don't know. I think there are just some musicals that should never be taken to film.... This be one of them.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#212LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/8/12 at 9:51pm

"Wolverine would have gone into his famous berserker rage if he knew that the actor who would be portraying him was a song-and-dance man! LOL!"

Actually, you'd be surprised. Wolverine is, in the comics at least, a confirmed fan of musical theatre... It probably has less to do with any modern tastes than the fact that he is about two hundred years old and was alive during the time when musicals were dominant entertainment. He has reportedly seen several shows during his tenure as an X-Man... Including The Boy From Oz, which he attended and remarked on his resemblance to the lead actor.

No joke.

beautywickedlover
#213LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/9/12 at 6:22pm

It's likely that Swift will be attending the People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night. She's been to the last two ceremonies and this year she is nominated for three awards. When she walks the red carpet, every reporter will be asking her about 'Les Miserables'. Let's see if she will confirm whether she has signed on or is in negotiations.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#214LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/9/12 at 7:34pm

Maybe!! Or even better, maybe by then we'll have definite news one way or the other...

beautywickedlover
#215LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/11/12 at 5:07pm

Broadway.com has created an article with background information about the film's cast. They still believe that Swift has signed on.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/159252/do-you-hear-the-people-sing-all-about-hugh-jackman-russell-crowe-taylor-swift-the-rest-of-the-les-miserables-movie-cast/

Redmayne mentions Seyfried and Boneham-Carter in the video of this article.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a359609/les-miserables-has-an-amazing-cast-says-eddie-redmayne-video.html

But look at this:

"Russell Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen are all set to star"

No mention of Swift at all, but they did not list Aaron Tveit in that article either. However, I still think as of now Swift is still very likely to star in this film.

Updated On: 1/11/12 at 05:07 PM

beautywickedlover
#216LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/11/12 at 9:35pm

Swift revealed on Twitter that she is not @ the People's Choice Awards. She is @ home in Nashville, so we are probably not going to be finding out any new info on whether she is definitely going to be in this film or not.

Updated On: 1/11/12 at 09:35 PM

DivaLynn
#217LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/13/12 at 3:29am

When they say that Amanda Seyfried is "operatically trained" did they mean SOAP OPERA, because she did get her start on One Life To Live???? She has got to get that goat out of her throat.

Taylor Swift. Thanks alot. This movie is going to be worse than NINE!!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#218LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/13/12 at 6:23am

I give it a seven already.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

colorthehours
#219LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/13/12 at 5:09pm

I agree with you. I think it was a terrible casting choice. I am banking on the fact that it hasn't been confirmed yet. However, I just stumbled upon this blog post by the people over at Curtain Critic. They listed fifteen actresses that are better than Taylor Swift and while some of them aren't necessarily the best actresses EVER-- I definitely agree with them. She is the worst choice for this role.

Check it out! http://blog.curtaincritic.com/post/15791324949/15-people-who-would-be-better-than-taylor-swift-as

Dave19
#220LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/13/12 at 6:43pm

While people are complaining about Taylor Swift so much, I actually think she has the perfect look for Eponine. Not sure about her singing though, but we'll see. Her voice seems kind of right for the role too.

What I'm more worried about is Amanda Seyfried as Cosette?! Now THAT is a miscast. Do they even know what kind of music and notes the character is supposed to sing? And she is not the right type at all. Really weird choice.

None of the soprano girls that showed up at that open auditions were right for the part? None of all those broadway and West End Christines and Cosettes? No other film actresses sang well enough? Like Emmy Rossum? Who actually looks like Anne Hathaway and is the right type for Cosette?

How on earth is she going to pull off the ending of "A heart full of love"? And all of Cosettes notes in the opera register for that matter.

Updated On: 1/13/12 at 06:43 PM

beautywickedlover
#221LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/13/12 at 7:40pm

Yahoo now says that Sacha Baren Cohen has signed on. It also confirms Bonham Carter like Redmayne.

http://news.yahoo.com/sacha-baron-cohen-helena-bonham-carter-star-film-170151928.html

If the source is accurate, then that leaves Swift as the only unconfirmed actor. It has been a while since somethingwicked has given us an update. I wish they would again.

SporkGoddess
#222LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/13/12 at 8:03pm

I agree about Amanda Seyfried. I can't believe that none of the young ladies who trained under Rebecca Caine were good enough for the role.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

theminutepast
#223LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/14/12 at 9:27am

Double post.
Updated On: 1/14/12 at 09:27 AM

theminutepast
#224LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/14/12 at 9:27am

I may be late to the bitchfest,..But seriously, producers?! Les Miz is my favorite musical of all time. Eponine is my favorite character. And someone thought Taylor Swift was a good idea? I'm crushed, to say the least. Given Lea Michele's Hollywood Bowl performance, she was probably the best celebrity choice for Eponine. And she's the star of Glee, so I cannot see how she lost the role to Taylor Swift. To me, this news is as painful as watching Nick Jonas in the 25th Anniversary Concert.

Videos