pixeltracker

Shakespeare in the Park Lines- Page 2

Shakespeare in the Park Lines

Mrfreeze Profile Photo
Mrfreeze
#25re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 11:53am

I'm planing to get there tomorrow around 5 am. Hopefully that will be enough..

toomuchfreetime.tumblr.com

carnimiriel Profile Photo
carnimiriel
#26re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 12:55pm

Could someone please confirm whether they give out 1 ticket or 2 per person in the stand by line? I've tried to find the info on the Public's website, but it's not cooperating with me. Thanks.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#27re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 12:58pm

Yeah, the server seems to be having its post-lotto crash.

I'm pretty sure it's one per person.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

acd114 Profile Photo
acd114
#28re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 1:01pm

Stand by line is 1 ticket per person - when you get in line your entire party needs to be there with you

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#29re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 1:09pm

I lost the Virtual Lottery again. I'm 0 for 6.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#30re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 1:53pm

last person who got even a voucher today got there at six

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

hubee Profile Photo
hubee
#31re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 2:38pm

And even Standby line is uncertain, I did one of the first Friday's (before reviews) and got there at 4pm. Only a few people after us got tickets (granted, a HUGE group was just behind us so if you were unlucky enough to arrive just after the group, the big group pretty much screwed them over). (On the other hand, it was the only sunny day in a week full of rain so might have explained the higher turnout rate that day).

http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#32re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 5:18pm

What time should I get there for standby? Is 4:00 crazy? 5:00? I'm nervous but I also don't want to get there ridiculously early... Updated On: 7/6/09 at 05:18 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#33re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 5:23pm

I was there at 4 before reviews came out. Given the wether now and the reviews, 4 might be too late...

I'm 0/15 now with the virtual lottery. SOOOO frustrating.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#34re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 5:29pm

rocks if you really want to see the show getting there ridiculously early is worth it. if you have absolutely no patience i'd say try the virtual line or stand-by line...or even try the line on a rainy morning. i'm going to camp out for the last show on sunday.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

#35re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 5:40pm

Yikes! I'm planning on arriving at 6:30 for the early line tomorrow, and don't think I can get there any earlier. Fingers crossed... it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so hopefully that will make it a tad less crazy.

Anyway, I've never gone early enough to wait outside the park, and was just wondering if all the proper line protocol is still upheld. Like that someone can't join my party a few minutes later, or that one of us can't duck off to Starbucks for a while. (Not saying I would, as it is pretty rude to do so, but just wondering if there is any kind of understanding between the line waiters.)

Also, what time does the park actually open?

ashley0139
#36re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 7:09pm

Due to my job, I am not able to stand in either the early line or standby line and have had to do the lottery almost every day. I have not won yet. It is not looking good for me to get to see this show.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

teephil
#37re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 9:13pm

Central Park doesn't open until 6 a.m., so what do people do who get there earlier? Does a line form outside the park (and if so where) or do people just sneak in the park?

luvtheEmcee
#38re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 9:23pm

A line forms outside the park.

Getting there at (or before) 4 p.m. for the standby line is completely unnecessary. If enough people read that four "might be" too late, then that is exactly what will turn it into too late.

prodigy79
#39re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 10:23pm

Just an FYI: I tried the standby line tonight and arrived at 4pm. The last ticket went to the person that was two people ahead of me and we all arrived at the same time. It appeared as if they handed out about 50-75 tickets after they gave out the tickets to those with vouchers.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#40re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/6/09 at 10:24pm

Soo...should I get in line at like 4:30 then...?

hortonhearsasam
#41re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:24am

"last person who got even a voucher today got there at six "

That's not true. I got there at around 6:40 this morning and I was one of the first people to get a voucher.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#42re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:31am

I guess I'm gonna get there at like 4:00ish...

Better safe than sorry I guess. Unless you guys really think on a Tuesday I might be ok getting in line at 4:30 or 5...sorry, I just really wanna see the show and don't want to have to haul my ass back to the park the following day to see it. But I also don't wanna wait in line for forever.

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#43re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:42am

on a tuesday and with the supposed rain i think you should be fine getting there at 5ish.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

jewelchk
#44re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 1:03am

Wicked, please let us know how standby works out. I think I'm going to be able to do it Thursday, so if there's a difference between 4 and 5, that would be great to know.

"I thought that that was just going to be a like one shot deal for me, you know, but they kept talking about it like, 'when we do the production, when we do the production', and I was like, 'yes, yes, when you do the production, cool, I will come and see it'". - John Gallagher Jr. on SA

Millie315 Profile Photo
Millie315
#45re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 5:52am

I would get in line even earlier than 4ish. Even in the rain the standby line has been crazy. This show is getting great reviews and this is it's last week so people are coming at the last minuet. Get there as soon as you can.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#46re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:25pm

Now I'm pissed off. It looks like its about to pour. I'm debating just waiting to try my luck tomorrow at the standby line. I really don't want to waste money for a train ride and subway fare down to the city if it's just going to be rained out...ugh. What to do, what to do...?!

luvtheEmcee
#47re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:29pm

I'm in Manhattan and it's sunny. We're supposed to get some storms later, but it doesn't look like they're going to be constant.

Updated On: 7/7/09 at 12:29 PM

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#48re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:37pm

rocks both times i saw the show it was supposed to rain during the show and it didn't. i'd say give it a try!

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!

WiCkEDrOcKS
#49re: Shakespeare in the Park Lines
Posted: 7/7/09 at 12:37pm

If you can't tell, I'm an extremely indecisive person.

I'm probably going to go down and see what happens. Fingers crossed.