Soliantu
#25re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:31am

lovin that vid

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#27re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/22/09 at 11:42am

"My boyfriend saw him as Jean Valjean at the Marriott Theater in Illinois, and I am curious as to who saw it and what people thought of him."

I saw it and thought he was fantastic. He has the perfect voice for Valjean and his Bring Him Home was out of this world.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#28re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/22/09 at 12:24pm

Wow, Ryan Silverman is a cute boy.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#29re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/22/09 at 12:41pm

John is an amazingly good Phantom. One of my favorites.

He's also a Jersey/beach boy from Toms River NJ, my neck of the woods. Ahhh...Island Beach park, the best surfing on shore.

I was hoping he'd get his shot on Broadway. Congrats to John. Don't miss him.
2006 interview with John Cudia

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#30re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/22/09 at 12:52pm

I love hearing when broadway performers come from where I live! First Kacie Sheik growing up in my town, and now John Cudia being from one town over! It's great to hear that its possible to make it, even from this area. re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#31re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/22/09 at 12:56pm

Excellent vid. Saw him as Raoul and thought he was the best I've seen. I can't wait to get back to see his Phantom.

I watched the vid with Rhondi Reed that was below... what a funny woman!

::bust a move::

justafan2
#32re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/22/09 at 1:10pm

Well---I didn't think I'd go see Phantom again (20 times so far), but John C. looks as if he'd be very good in the role---so, I may give it another look. (and, judging from these posts---he can sing well too!). He's very personable----seems like a really nice person---an extra perk!

BroadwayBuff4Life
#33re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/23/09 at 3:21am

I just find it odd that the "Associate SCENIC Designer" would be responsible to overlook the SM's calling of the show. Being a stage manager myself, I would think that the PSM would handle the situation rather than someone who was just involved with the scenic aspects of the show... sounds fishy to me

outdamnwench
#34re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/23/09 at 3:39am

"I just find it odd that the "Associate SCENIC Designer" would be responsible to overlook the SM's calling of the show. Being a stage manager myself, I would think that the PSM would handle the situation rather than someone who was just involved with the scenic aspects of the show... sounds fishy to me"

Yeah, sounds a little fishy.

In theory, the Associate Scenic Designer could be there to supervise scenic transitions, but that has little to do with the calling of the show from the booth and more with the deck stage management tracks. Odd.

Could always be the result of someone on a power trip.

J'aime GG Profile Photo
J'aime GG
#35re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/23/09 at 4:55am

Ryan Silverman's a mothereffin' doll.

AEA AGMA SM
#36re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 8/23/09 at 2:31pm

I have to agree with many others about re-visiting the show. I've been wanting to go back since the new sound system went in and just haven't done so yet. Those brief clips of John Cudia might be enough to motivate me to actually do so now.

danceallnight Profile Photo
danceallnight
#37re: John Cudia gives backstage tour at PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
Posted: 9/5/09 at 9:15pm

Just got back from seeing Phantom. I just LOVED John Cudia in this role. He was vulnerable yet powerful and just the right mix of sensual and creepy. If you haven't been to Phantom in a long time, I'd really recommend going to see Cudia.