pixeltracker

Theatre Related Tattoos? - Page 2

Theatre Related Tattoos?

SporkGoddess
#25re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/3/09 at 4:26pm

Are you serious? I can't even tell, which is probably the scariest part.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#26re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/3/09 at 4:34pm

As serious as christwire.org re: Theatre Related Tattoos?

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#27re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/3/09 at 11:19pm

I actually like the idea of "No Day But Today" as a tattoo---

I just got my 15th tattoo done --- none are theatre related.

Like the others said... if you have to ask, you probably shouldnt get it-

lstbutifulgrl2
#28re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/3/09 at 11:26pm

i also have "forget regret" tattooed on my right shoulder with some hearts under it.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

angelxschunard Profile Photo
angelxschunard
#29re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/4/09 at 4:27am

lstbutifulgrl2, what font did you use for yours?

Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, RENT, Mamma Mia!, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, Evita (with Julia Murney), Hairspray (with Paul Vogt), Peter and the Starcatchers (with Christian Borle), Lion King, Altar Boyz, Legally Blonde (with Lauren Zackrin).

AEA AGMA SM
#30re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/4/09 at 7:24am

"Wait, doesn't putting a comma in between the words completely invalidate the meaning of the phrase? Sort of like saying "forget" and "regret" as two separate entities, which is what a comma would imply, not one idea which is what Larson wrote."

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. I don't know if the comma accidentally got put into the vocal selections or something (or people just are lacking in their knowledge), but it is grammatically wrong. The comma does indeed invalidate the true meaning of "forget regret."

lstbutifulgrl2
#31re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/4/09 at 8:30am

angelxschunard: i wanted to use typevin but i ended up going with a script instead...

re: Theatre Related Tattoos?

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life

angelxschunard Profile Photo
angelxschunard
#32re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/4/09 at 2:17pm

Aww, your's is so cute! Mine is that small, too, so it's easy to cover up with make-up for the stage and whatnot. The font I used for mine is the actual "No Day But Today" script.

And for those of you asking, there is no comma in my tattoo. Thank you for asking.

Into the Woods, Beauty and the Beast, RENT, Mamma Mia!, Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde, Evita (with Julia Murney), Hairspray (with Paul Vogt), Peter and the Starcatchers (with Christian Borle), Lion King, Altar Boyz, Legally Blonde (with Lauren Zackrin).

lstbutifulgrl2
#33re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 11/5/09 at 12:03am

yeah, that would be typevin. i brought it to them but they said it would blow out because i couldn't get it crisp enough

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#34re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/28/11 at 6:40pm

This thread is super old, but it's here so I'm going to bump it up and recycle instead of making a new one!

Anywayyy, I decided to finally get my own theatre related tattoo, after MUCH deliberation and planning. It's actually my 4th tattoo, and probably the one that's most thought out. I just got it a week ago, so it's still a little red and heal-y, but it's an angel (THE angel) feather falling onto the words "more life" underneath- obviously referencing Prior's words in Angels in America.

I was thinking about the original logo of the kneeling angel at first, but it would have had to have been a lot bigger, and I wanted something moderate sized and coverup-able. (This is on my inner ankle, and I wear tights to work, so it's not a problem) I think this turned out nice and simplistic, and it has a lot of personal meaning for me. And if you're going to have a playwright's words on your ankle for the rest of your life, why not Tony Kushner?

So if anyone else has gotten a theatre related tattoo since this post originated, post it!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#35re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/28/11 at 7:01pm

I didn't know they made Forrest Gump into a musical.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#36re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/28/11 at 7:06pm

I'd be the first one in line to see it if they did. Oh yeah, the feather theme from that movie was pretty epic.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#37re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/28/11 at 9:11pm

I got '24601' branded across my chest.

Square Peg2 Profile Photo
Square Peg2
#38re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 1:00am

I would love to see photos of people's theatre mask tattoos. I've long considered getting one, but am yet to see a design that I want on my body forever. They're all a little overdone, my current tattoos are incredibly minimalist and I'd like to keep them all like that.

I've also considered getting "and then something strange happened" from Passing Strange.

faith587 Profile Photo
faith587
#39re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 1:19am

I just got this (my 4th) on January 4th, as a tribute to Next to Normal and how it has changed my life.

I have theatre masks on my lower back, but no decent pictures of it, otherwise I'd post that one, too.

BellatrixxLestrangee Profile Photo
BellatrixxLestrangee
#40re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 1:44am

I just turned 18 and all I wanted for my birthday was a small music note tattoo on my foot (and a celtic trinity knot on my hand) but my mom said absolutely not. I'm still trying to convince her though!

You gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for? -BP.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#41re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 3:10am

Billie Joe Armstrong (composer of Broadway's American Idiot) sports the logo for JCS on his arm.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz
Updated On: 1/29/11 at 03:10 AM

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#42re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 9:02am

Nice foot tattoo- faith! Looks like it turned out very clear. I've thought about getting one on my foot, but I'm not sure I could handle the pain yet! haha- I've heard that's the most intense spot!

A Passing Strange tattoo would be really neat. Every lyric from that show is pure genius.

I had no idea Billie Joe had a JCS tattoo... that's pretty prodigious.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#43re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 9:15am

Once I turn 18, I will be getting a HAIR tattoo. The logo from the marquee with a peace sign on the top left of it and one on the bottom left. Lyrics on top of the logo, "Let the Sunshine In", and on the bottom, "How dare they try to end this beauty?". I have seriously put some thought into it and made probably a hundred sketches of it. Also, when I get it done, it's gonna go on my upper thigh as I hate tattoos that people have to show it off. I wanna get a tattoo done for myself, and not to show it to others.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#44re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 9:30am

It never ceases to amaze me that with all this discussion of tattoos, and seeing some really neat ones, I still have absolutely no desire to get one.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#45re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 12:48pm

I hope you don't go where Arnold Ornstein of Paterson goes.

Wow, I was shocked when I found those links, because I somehow ended up near this fellow at the most recent BC/EFA Flea Market. He has added to his tattoo collection. I know it's a little creepy to take pictures of people like this, but I was just so astounded that I couldn't help myself.

Yes, those are the floating heads of the three original Billy Elliots. He also added the Memphis logo to one of his arms.

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#46re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 1:15pm

I have a HEDWIG tattoo over my heart and the Broadway FALSETTOS logo (my first ever Broadway show) on my right arm. I also have Spider-man on me left arm, but it only recently became a Broadway tattoo thanks to Taymor et al.

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#47re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 1:27pm

I have a friend who has the classic Beauty and the Beast logo on their back, of the beast holding the rose.

I'm getting one on my wrist, very very small, it's going to be a Mickey Mouse head. You know, the classic three circles. Very subtle.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#48re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 1:33pm

Do you have pics of the Hedwig tattoo, Broadway Bob? I'd love to see it!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#49re: Theatre Related Tattoos?
Posted: 1/29/11 at 1:56pm

I wouldn't feel bad about taking the tattooed guy's picture at the Flea Market. He wouldn't have ripped a hole in his shirt exposing the tattoos unless he wanted attention drawn to them.

Who is the tattoo in the middle supposed to represent?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Videos