Next at the Neil Simon?

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#1Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 8:44pm

Anyone know what the next show at the Neil Simon will be?

Doesnt "Love Never Dies" already have it booked for the fall?

tking001
#2Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 8:45pm

Ragtime should Extend till Love Never Dies comes in.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#2Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 8:47pm

Love Never Dies is going into the Neil Simon. Most likely a limited engagement show will fill the 10 month break in between, unless Love Never Dies decides to change theaters for whatever reason.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 8:48pm

But it cant. It won't be staying empty too long.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#4Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 8:57pm

Well orphan's...just booked it for fall....
Maybe theyll pull what WAS gonna be the plan for young frankenstein and close Phantom and put LND at the Majestic....The plan in 2007 was to close Producers and put Young Frankenstein in the St. James....anywho

bway1261
#5Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 9:02pm

^^I don't think that they would ever close Phantom. It's still doing really well and will continue to do so for many years to come.

wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
#6Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 9:22pm

Um, Orphans DID NOT book the Neil Simon. The article said they were looking at the Neil Simon for a spring opening, but it never said that it was taking that theatre in the fall.

Ed_Mottershead
#7Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 9:56pm

Was Fences supposed to go into the Neil Simon? Just asking.

BroadwayEd

Pgenre Profile Photo
Pgenre
#8Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 10:12pm

Wow, this thread is FILLED with misinformation and crap that isn't true. POTO closing? ORPHANS? Really?!

ALW has the theatre and is planning to open LND there in 9 months. RAGTIME is not extending or re-opening. That's all we know for sure at this point.

P

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#9Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 10:31pm

Wishful thinking, but wouldn't it be nice if the Blanchett STREETCAR could slide into the Neil Simon for a limited run?

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#10Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 10:35pm

frogs_fan, that would be amazing, but I feel like it's definitely wishful thinking.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

fanadu1996
#11Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 11:13pm

they are trying to move Streetcar, and Fences is going into the Cort.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#12Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 11:16pm

If STREETCAR would transfer here it wouldn't be until late summer, due to Blanchett's conflicts in Australia.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#13Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 11:18pm

They closed Ragtime to move it into the Gershwin so that Sweet Charity starring Britney Spears could move in to the Neil Simon. Wicked is moving into Yankees Stadium.

jonmbway4652 Profile Photo
jonmbway4652
#14Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 11:26pm

"Well orphan's...just booked it for fall....
Maybe theyll pull what WAS gonna be the plan for young frankenstein and close Phantom and put LND at the Majestic....The plan in 2007 was to close Producers and put Young Frankenstein in the St. James....anywho"

Phantom is not going anywhere... I don't know why some people think they are going to close it... Phantom is doing wonderful and its weekly grosses are pretty good. Anyways, this is NOT going to happen.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#15Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/6/10 at 11:27pm

Wicked is moving into Yankees Stadium.

And it would probably sell out there on a nightly basis too, lol.

#16Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/7/10 at 12:01am

The next show is Love never dies. Nothing else.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#17Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/7/10 at 12:22am

...yet.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#18Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/7/10 at 5:48am

Unless LND plans on doing MAJOR rennovations to the theater, they will try their hardest to book a limited run. They don't make any money if the theater stays empty for 9 months.

And I hate when anyone says they are planning to close one show FOR another. THAT'S ridiculous. They aren't going to close any show that is making money just to bring in another show that is guaranteed of anything. (Limited runs are the only thing that closes even though it does well: ie Steady Rain -- and if that weren't two movie stars, it wouldn't have stayed open as long as it did.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Dagobert Profile Photo
Dagobert
#19Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/7/10 at 1:45pm

sometimes people make mistakes...

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#20Next at the Neil Simon?
Posted: 1/7/10 at 3:52pm

The plan in 2007 was to close Producers and put Young Frankenstein in the St. James.

Yes, but that was only the plan because the theater the producers and creative team REALLY wanted wasn't available. When it became available, they switched to the theater they really wanted all along.

As far as I know, the Neil Simon is the first choice for the LND team, so there is no reason for them to switch because another theater opened.

Also, I think the contract for LND at the Neil Simon has already been signed. Nothing had been officially agreed upon with the St. James when YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN switched.

Also, Playbill lists a first preview date for LND as November 11, 2010.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Videos