pixeltracker

Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#1Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 12:54am

Good going, NYPD!

==

Official: Suspect in custody in NY car bomb attack

By TOM HAYS and COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press Writers – 5 mins ago

NEW YORK – A law enforcement official says a suspect in last weekend's failed car bomb attack on Times Square has been taken into custody while trying to leave the country.

The official spoke to The Associated Press early Tuesday on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.

The suspect has not been named. He is being held in New York.

Law enforcement officials say the suspect is a Pakistani who recently returned from a trip to Pakistan and bought the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder used in the failed car bomb three weeks ago and paid cash. The officials spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.

The SUV was rigged with a crude propane-and-gasoline bomb. It had cheap-looking alarm clocks connected to a 16-ounce can filled with fireworks.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below....
Official: Suspect in custody in NY car bomb attack

FindingNamo
#2Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 1:07am

The Times names him: Faisal Shahzad.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#2Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 7:39am

Done in by his disposable cellphone.

And I gave credit to the NYP, which also deserves it, of course. But it was actually the FBI that did it.
Cellphone led FBI to Times Square arrest

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 7:48am

Just in the nick of time, especially since he was already on a plane out of here.

It just kills me though, that the media just blabs and blabs about the mistakes that this guy made!!

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#4Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 10:59am

I always love that Dottie. After the first attempt on the World Trade Center all the news outlets were pointing out the bomber's mistakes and what they didn't do to succeed.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#5Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 11:03am

In the movie version, who's going to play Alice Ripley?

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#6Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 11:40am

The right is retweeting this like mad - "Muslim Arrested In NYC Car Bomb Plot; Elite Shocked/Disappointed It Was Not A Tea Partier," which is weird, because the elites at Fox News didn't seem to be saying any such thing!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#7Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 12:41pm

This is Faisal Shahzad, 30, the man who almost blew up Times Square.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#8Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 4:18pm

If that man had been smarter, I would be dead right now. I was next to the car when it started making noises.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 4:24pm

It turns out that he, in fact, was not on the plane. He had been detained before the plne pulled away from the gate. One question is why the plane was allowed to leave the gate.

Just give the world Love.

jacobson Profile Photo
jacobson
#10Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 4:43pm

LOL, I was waiting for the first person to say, 'oh I was right next to the car' or 'I was just walking by the car'...yeah me too!!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#11Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 5:03pm

uncageg--it's unclear whether he was arrested on the plane or before he boarded.

Eric Holder said at the press conference today that Shahzad was on board.

Eric Holder: Times Square suspect confessed

Greatwhiteway3
#12Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 6:14pm

Thank god. Can we FINALLY tell all the civil libertarians to go to hell when it comes to profiling?? I don't want every 5th person or a
lottery for who gets stopped at airports so
we are wasting time searching 70 year old Chinese women or 6 year olds. When those groups start doing 99% of bombing or attempted
bombing then we'll check them. If a few innocent people get stopped for an extra
few minutes and get their feelings hurt, oh well. You should be pissed at the members of your community who are douchebags.
I was stopped many times after 9-11 based on my looks and you know what, it's fine.

Greatwhiteway3
#13Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 6:18pm

Bury Faisal up to the neck in pork fat

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#14Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 6:58pm

Thank god. Can we FINALLY tell all the civil libertarians to go to hell when it comes to profiling??

No.

Greatwhiteway3
#15Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 7:06pm

I know Phylis you still want to ignore the facts regardless of how many innocent people get killed. Sad

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#16Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 7:09pm

Go to Arizona then.

Greatwhiteway3
#17Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 7:16pm

Strummer and Phylis probably didn't hear the sounds of bodies hitting the sidewalk during 9-11. Maybe one day your familes will be out seeing a broadway show when someone decides to set off a
bomb and your opinions will change, but I don't it. It's people like you who would put up will 1000 9-11's and ignore facts as not to hurt some feelings. Karma
baby

FindingNamo
#18Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 11:20pm

Ooops. sorry. You just lost.

"Maybe one day your familes will be out seeing a broadway show when someone decides to set off a
bomb and your opinions will change, but I don't it."

You don't it? I don't think you do don't it. In fact, I'm thinking you're a douchebag in my community and need to be unlawfully searched.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none
Updated On: 5/4/10 at 11:20 PM

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#19Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 11:23pm

"Strummer and Phylis probably didn't hear the sounds of bodies hitting the sidewalk during 9-11. Maybe one day your familes will be out seeing a broadway show when someone decides to set off a
bomb and your opinions will change, but I don't it. It's people like you who would put up will 1000 9-11's and ignore facts as not to hurt some feelings. Karma
baby "

Wow... Dude.. really? I agree with FindingNamo.. I hope they ban you for that.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#20Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/4/10 at 11:55pm

Maybe one day your familes will be out seeing a broadway show when someone decides to set off a bomb and your opinions will change

Are you really so inhuman as to wish that on someone, just to score an unintelligent point in an argument?

You defile the memory of everyone who died that day by using them to make your point. And you make their souls sick by how stupidly and childishly you argue.

You want to have an intelligent discussion about effective prevention of future attacks? Start one! But don't start it by making assumptions about others and calling them names.

And don't you EVER AGAIN use the memories of the dead to make a cheap point.

EVER! Do you hear me?

Annas_Priest Profile Photo
Annas_Priest
#21Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:12am

Agreed

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#22Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:35am

I know Phylis you still want to ignore the facts regardless of how many innocent people get killed. Sad

I ignore fact, you ignore punctuation. Let's call the whole thing off.

I have no idea what kind of point you are trying to make there.

HK
#23Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:45am

I wish that we understand more about each other because this thing will not happen there is differnce and we are all titled to our opinion but when we start to blow things up abuse and be rude to those that are different to us we need a refresher that life is important. I do not hate any culure but some cultures need to wake up and the war on terrorism is beyond a political one.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#24Times Square Bomber: Suspect APPREHENDED!
Posted: 5/5/10 at 12:51am

I agree. I'm also against imperialist culture.

Videos