How is the LA CAGE rush lately?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/5/10 at 8:54pm

I'm trying to rush this Saturday's matinee with a friend and I'm curious as to how early we should get there to be safe. Has anyone gone lately? Is it nuts?

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#2How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/5/10 at 11:57pm

if for some reason you don't get the rush tix, i sat in the last row of the balcony last saturday for $36 and the view was great. i got my ticket the day of the show so i don't think you'd have a problem.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#2How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 12:01am

Easy as pie! I got there at 2pm for an 8pm show and still got it.

I will climb back up that mountain!

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#3How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 2:21am

I've done it twice during previews -- once I stopped by around 2:00 and got tickets, no problem, and the other time got there right when the box office opened at 10:00 and was the last to get tickets in the box.

Today, I walked by there (on the way to FENCES) around 9:30, and there were 5 people online. I'm guessing Saturday would be a little hairier, but 9:00 should probably do it, if not 9:30.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#4How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 3:06am

I got on line this morning a little before 9. I was fourth in line. I asked if the box seats were obstructed view, and the box office guy obviously lied to me when he flat out said, "No." Lots of craning of my head and missed entrances and exits from the back/side.

~Steven

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#5How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 9:34am

I saw it last Saturday afternoon and I got a single seat in the back of the balcony at about 12:45 and was able to move down at intermission. The back of the balc is totally fine though.

maxximumvolume Profile Photo
maxximumvolume
#6How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 10:22am

The rear balcony is better than the rush seats, and they cost the same price.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#7How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 10:24am

Maxximum, have you sat in both? I did rush once and was planning on doing it again. You think I'm better off just buying rear balcony?
Updated On: 5/6/10 at 10:24 AM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#8How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 10:45am

I haven't sat in the balcony for LA CAGE, but I sat there every time I saw BOEING BOEING and it was a fantastic view. I didn't have a big issue with the box seats for LA CAGE, but you do miss some side entrances. It also depends on how far forward in the box you're sitting. The people in front of me seemed miserable from having to lean.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#9How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 11:06am

Yeah, my friend and I were in the very first box front left. Lots of leaning. Had I known balcony seats are the same price, I would have chosen those.

~Steven

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#10How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 11:56am

I sat in the boxes and I suggest not doing it. I was on the inside seat (against the wall, not the edge of the box) and missed so much. Because I was on the left side, I missed almost the entire show because much of the show takes place in stationary positions on stage right. House right would probably be better. During act two, the people in the row behind me left, so I switched to the edge seat, and while it was better, it was still terribly obstructed.

I'd definitely go for the balcony, if I saw the show again.
Updated On: 5/6/10 at 11:56 AM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#11How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 12:05pm

The Longacre balcony is great. I've sat there each time I've seen the show and the view is really good.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#12How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 12:08pm

I concur with everyone about the balcony there. I sat there twice for Boeing-Boeing (once in the front, once in the rear) and thought the view was fabulous. Probably the best balcony in terms if sightlines and not feeling distant on Broadway.

For La Cage I was in the rear mezzanine (H106, I think)- given the nature of the set for this show, there were no issues with an overhang. However, a show with a larger set would present huge issues.

RentBoy86
#13How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 11:00pm

So the back of the set can be seen from the back of the balcony?

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#14How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 11:19pm

Yeah it can.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#15How is the LA CAGE rush lately?
Posted: 5/6/10 at 11:23pm

Thanks for all the input. I'm going to purchase balcony tickets then!

Videos