pixeltracker

Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the next Fran?

Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the next Fran?

beautywickedlover
#1Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the next Fran?
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:11pm

Kristin Chenoweth is supposedly leaving the show on September 26 because she may be returning to "Glee." The show started previews March 27 so it will have been six months dince she the show started, which was how long her original contract was. Who do you guys think should be the next Fran?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/RIALTO_CHATTER_Chenoweth_to_Depart_PROMISES_926_Returns_to_GLEE_Next_Season_2010610

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:14pm

Someone age appropriate please!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#4Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:18pm

Raul Esparza...or Patti LuPone.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#5Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:20pm

Eyedeener!

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#6Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:21pm

Jason Bennett.

Or Elaine Stritch.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#7Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:23pm

Ms Lansbury seems the obvious choice.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#8Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the next Fran?
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:25pm

As it should have been from the beginning: Anne Hathaway. She played Fran in the original reading of this revival opposite Sean Hayes.

Jordan Catalano
#9Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:26pm

If Anne Hathaway was available I'd love to see her step in.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#10Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:30pm

She'd be divine, but do you think she'd make her Broadway debut as a second replacement in a less-than-lauded show?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

massofmen
madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#12Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:41pm

As a fan, I'd rather see Hathaway open a show. However, it might be a better career move to step into something like this, especially since Cheno hasn't garnered much praise for her performance.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#13Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:42pm

Anne Hathaway doesn't want to make her debut in this production. Its why she passed on it the first time.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:44pm

REBA!!!!!!!REBA!!!!! REBA!!!! or Alli Mauzey!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#15Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:50pm

2nd replacement?

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#16Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 2:51pm

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant second person in the role...aka first replacement.

Dollypop
#17Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 4:33pm

Loretta Swit

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#18Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 4:38pm

They should do a tv show... call it "You Promised!" and let the audience decide since it worked so well wtih Grease!

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#19Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 4:52pm

Megan Hilty?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

Jordan Catalano
bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#21Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 5:10pm

Actually, Megan would do a fantastic job. That being said, I doubt she wants to make a career out of being Chenoweth's replacement.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#22Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 5:15pm

Would have loved to see Scarlett Johansson, who was rumored before news came out about her involvement with VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE. Clearly, she picked the better project.
I was thinking of Erin Davie or even the wonderful Karen Olivo (Who might have too much personality for the role) but I guess they want an actual name. How about Kristen Bell? Her once promising career seems to be going absolutely nowhere, would love to see her tackle the role.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#23Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 5:27pm

IdEdenSteph MenzPinoBlock

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#24Chenoweth to depart Promises, Promises on September 26? Who should be the n
Posted: 6/10/10 at 5:52pm

or even the wonderful Karen Olivo (Who might have too much personality for the role)

And completely the wrong vocal type...

Videos