pixeltracker

Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market

Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 11:15am

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?!

I'm praying to God that Bernadette is there this year. I'm also praying they learned their lesson and have a rain date instead of moving it to the boiler room again.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#2Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 11:15am

I hope Cuddles is there!

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#2Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 11:25am

I can't wait! I'm going to load up on Green Day and Whitesnake albums.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#3Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 12:39pm

I heard that for the right price you'll be able to get yourself a Tony, too!

Jordan Catalano
#4Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 12:41pm

Can I get Michael Douglas' autograph at the same table?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#5Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 12:44pm

Bernadette and Chita were great last year though I wish they had posted on the website that they were going to be $40 instead of $10. I wasn't surprised by the change but let's have that information a little earlier this year.

I didn't spend much time downstairs last year but it wasn't as hot upstairs. At least where I was standing and we had a couch to sit on if we felt like it.

That aside I am very much looking forward to Flea Market this year.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#6Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 1:28pm

I asked them a while ago about a possible rain date and they replied 'September 26 - rain or shine'

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#7Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 2:04pm

So I've never been to the Broadway Flea Market, What all is sold? And how much?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#8Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 2:12pm

Joe....the autograph tables are $25 for the whole table and the photo booths are $10 per photo unless you request two people together (I paid $40 for Beth Leavel and Danny Burstein last year while others paid $50 for Gavin & Will). If you have a special request it's basically what you offer. They were going to do Gavin & Will for $40 but someone offered $50 so that was the price for everyone. They also charge more for "special" people. Chita and Bernadette were $40 last year and John Stamos was $20.

As for the actual items it's pretty hard to pin down what exactly is being sold. Scripts, window cards, "extra stuff" (like teeshirts and other merch). Last year I bought a set of Tale of Two Cities playing cards for $20. Each show has a table and they'll all sell something different. Seth Rudeksy has a table the past two years where he sold books and DVDs of Chatterbox.

ETA: Chita and Bernadette were $40 EACH. Not $40 for a pick with the both of them together.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 6/23/10 at 02:12 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#9Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 2:17pm

In all honesty, if they just organized better inside, it would not have been an issue. That was the worst part, in my opinion.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#10Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 2:18pm

Wow...and they only do this once a year?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#11Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 2:21pm

Once a year in September.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#12Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 2:34pm

I don't know what scares me more... that it has already been close to a year since the last flea market or that September is only 12 weeks away.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#13Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 5:05pm

what's the exact date?

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#14Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 5:08pm

9/26

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#15Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 5:53pm

I've never been so I may try to make it this year. Isn't it usually outside. Wasn't the Roseland location what made it a huge cluster#@*! last year?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#16Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:47pm

They usually shut down 44th Street between 7th & 8th as well as Shubert Alley. The autograph table and photo booth are usually on Junior's porches. Like I said last year wasn't so bad but I spent most of the time upstairs. Allegedly it was hotter than Tartarus in the "basement".

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#17Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 9:26pm

I spent most of my time upstairs as well. It was alternatingly hot as hell....or in some spots there was a breeze. Overall, it was a terrible situation....but I'll be back on the 26th!

stmck012
#18Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/23/10 at 10:18pm

never been to the flea market either... but how crowded is it usually? how long is the wait for various autographs (considering they vary on the person)?

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#19Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/24/10 at 12:14am

Ah the flea market, where people complain about anything they can,people with avatars of themselves on here get stalked by the creeps of Broadwayworld, where people fight over ripped "Lestat" windowcards, and more!

Jordan Catalano
#20Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/24/10 at 12:18am

I really do love the flea market. Last year I got the DROWSY CHAPERONE price scale from the Marquis which I thought was a really cool find. Unpublished scripts, great books for $1 - $2, opening night gifts and a few random things I saved for holiday gifts for my theater friends. It's crowded and I deal with bitchy people but all in all it's fun and in the end all for a great cause.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#21Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/24/10 at 12:28am

It is fun, and some really cool **** turns up.

But the autograph table? I can't believe people actually pay for that. It's the biggest rip off.

I'm just hoping Jen Cody is there, I want her to sign the box of Teddy Grahams I just bought from CVS.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Jordan Catalano
#22Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/24/10 at 12:30am

I don't mind doing the autograph table, especially if Bernadette is there. If you manage to get her at the stage door, she signs a "B" with a dash. There, you get a "Love, Bernadette Peters". I think it's worth it, personally for some people. And again, it's all for charity so I don't mind as much as I normally would for something like that.

rmusic11322
#23Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/24/10 at 12:39am

Last year my first time going to a Flea Market. I spent way much less than I should have, but now I know better.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#24Only 12 Weeks Until The Flea Market
Posted: 6/24/10 at 2:04am

People with avatars of themselves on here get stalked by the creeps of Broadwayworld

Exactly why I changed my avatar

Last year my first time going to a Flea Market. I spent way much less than I should have, but now I know better.

Less? Wow. I budget myself and stick to it. Yes, it's charity but if I spend all my money then I'll be the one who needs charity.

Updated On: 6/24/10 at 02:04 AM

Videos