Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#1Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 6:46pm

Does anyone know where I can get a pdf (not camera picture taken) picture of the new night music ad where peters and stritch are airbrushed?

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 6:53pm

Have they made it yet? I haven't seen anything, and it's not on their site.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#2Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:14pm

It was in the Times on Sunday. And I've seen it pop up on one website so far.

munkustrap178
#3Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:15pm

Well, which one is that......

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#4Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:18pm

I don't remember......

AdamGreer posted a thread with camera phone pics of the ad.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1017969

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:25pm

Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:27pm

He wants the one with the headshots.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#7Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:31pm

It's on Facebook!

Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#8Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:32pm

Is Stretch blurry or have I been masturbating too much?

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:33pm

They both look blurry, I don't like it. I can't wait for for the shots in costume.

munkustrap178
#10Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:37pm

That's hideous.

Stritch looks like Kathleen Chalfant there.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#11Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:39pm

They aren't airbrushed. Their photos have been run through a sketching program.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#12Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:42pm

I can't believe it: Bernadette Peters as a replacement.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#13Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:43pm

It's another "favor" she's doing for Sondheim. I wouldn't be surprised if in return she gets to do Follies at the Kennedy Center.

munkustrap178
#14Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:45pm

Plus it's an incredible role, and probably her last chance to do it. Might as well!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#15Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:49pm

I think my favorite part is that Bernadette looks like she probably has jeans on and Elaine looks like she's wearing something that's looks like it's part of a hideous dress she's about to wear to a ball or something.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#16Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:50pm

I thought Bernadette approached Sondheim (i.e. she wasn't asked to do it, was she? – so is it really a 'favour'?)

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#17Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:50pm

And not only a replacement but replacing Catherinze Zeta-Jones...of all people. Sondheim owes her BIG TIME!
Updated On: 6/23/10 at 07:50 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#18Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:51pm

He approached her.

Ms. Peters said by telephone that Stephen Sondheim, who wrote the music and lyrics for “Night Music,” proposed the idea to her this spring and urged the producers of the revival to cast her. “I was talking to him about something else, and all of a sudden he said, ‘I think you’d be great for Desiree,’ ”

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/07/peters-stritch-to-join-night-music-cast/

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#19Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:53pm

Catherine Zeta Jones has an Oscar that Bernadette doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I like both actresses - and I hate A Little Night Music, actually - but I can't figure out if Marquise is kidding or not.
Updated On: 6/23/10 at 07:53 PM

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#20Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:54pm

I have no doubt she will do the role justice. Too bad she wasn't the first choice when this production was being put together.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#21Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:56pm

I'm not kidding.
Updated On: 6/23/10 at 07:56 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#22Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:58pm

Catherine Zeta-jones was the absolute right and best choice to open the revival. They needed a name actress, and they had trouble getting one to commit to a 6 month contract. CZJ was a box office smash, and won 3 awards for the performance, including the Tony. I love Peters and Stritch, but CZJ and Lansbury were the better choices to open the revival.
Updated On: 6/23/10 at 07:58 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#23Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 7:59pm

But it's not unprecedented for a star to replace a star. And people have been making a big deal out of it, so it's not like it's something to bring her shame.

But no, she really shouldn't have been the first choice. And actually no one has seen her in the role, so this one might be as polarizing as her Mama Rose was.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#24Peters/Stritch ALNM ad?
Posted: 6/23/10 at 8:00pm

I think my favorite part is that Bernadette looks like she probably has jeans on and Elaine looks like she's wearing something that's looks like it's part of a hideous dress she's about to wear to a ball or something.

Bernie's wearing a dress.
Peters/Stritch ALNM ad? Updated On: 6/23/10 at 08:00 PM

Videos