pixeltracker

Signature's Angels in America Website- Page 4

Signature's Angels in America Website

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#75Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 2:01pm

I only got a confirmation number as well. But my credit card has already been charged.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#76Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 2:04pm

I had a similar experience to ColorTheHours048.

After having no luck with the online ticketing system all morning, I finally got through on the phone this afternoon after about a million tries.

The box office attendant couldn't have been more nice. The $20 tickets are completely sold out for Part One, but they have some of the $85 tickets left during the extension period. There are still plenty of tickets left for Part Two, including a good number of the $20 ones early in the run in September.

I ended up just buying for Part Two. I'm going to try my luck with the cancellation line for Part One during the $20 period.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#77Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 2:13pm

Fool's luck...just called and got $20.00 tickets for part 2. Going to have to do $80 tickets for part 1...hoping to sneak in to catch part 1 in advance of part 2 via stand-by.

Note: Only 20 dollar seats left are for Part 2 in September.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#78Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 2:16pm

Glad to see people are still having luck getting tickets :)

angelplays
#79Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 2:40pm

Yeah, I was given a confirmation number at the box office, but that was it. I'm definitely printing off the info from my bank and stapling it to the paper my confirmation number is written on.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#80Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 3:16pm

How is the height of the stage at the Peter Norton Space?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Yankeefan007
#81Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 3:20pm

Not bad at all, though the stage is very long horizontally. A seat in the front row isn't terribly ideal, but it's fine.

andsym9001
#82Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 3:28pm

I'd be happy to take those horrible first row seats off your hands. Signature's Angels in America Website lol

angelplays
#83Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 3:53pm

I opted for front row for the full-price marathon day I got in January. The last time I saw something there I was further back, but I ended up with a group of people all well over 6 feet tall in front of me and ended up trying to look around heads. LOL. I decided not to chance it and just take front row center. :)

walkedthroughmany Profile Photo
walkedthroughmany
#84Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 4:12pm

If Signature had bought more bandwidth, this would've sold out at 10:02AM. And everyone would still be pissed.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#85Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 4:44pm

So I set my alarm (which is my cell phone) that I thought was plugged in but it wasn't so it lost power. Otherwise, I would have gotten to the theater at 8am.

I wake at 9:45 so I try online and call at 10, and after 20 minutes, realize that it's not gonna happen. So I go to the theater and arrive at 11:17am.

I make it the ticket booth in the lobby at 2:30pm, so I was in line for THREE HOURS. They didn't have any $20 seats left for Part I and were nearly sold out of $20 seats for Part II. I bought Part II on September 16 front row center, and will try standby before then for Part I.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#86Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 4:53pm

I am very curious to know whether the entire run will be sold out by the end of the day. Looks like the $20 will definitely all be gone, for sure.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#87Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:02pm

I just left the box office...I was told that they were completely sold out of $20 tickets for both parts...guess I'll be doing cancellation line, there is no way I can drop $170 on this.

Yankeefan007
#88Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:06pm

It's a shame that there are so many detractors based on technical difficulties. I'm sorry you didn't get your tickets, I really am, but we're not talking the Hilton Theater here. We're talking about a theater that seats 160 people per performance.

They do quality work (some of the best theater I've ever seen has been at the Signature), with quality actors and quality production teams.

The theater sells out - and quick - everyone knows that. I became a subscriber during the Charles Mee year, after seeing how hot the tickets were - and hard to come by - for the August Wilson season. Totally worth it.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#89Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:09pm

How much are subscriptions? I still can't get on their website...

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

perfectlymarvelous
#90Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:11pm

Capn, the subscriptions sold out the day they went on sale.

Yankeefan007
#91Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:12pm

The cost of the shows and perhaps a surcharge. I think this season was $100 total, maybe $80 if there wasn't a surcharge.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#92Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:20pm

Oh, I'm sure. Just curious for next season...

--Aristotle

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#93Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:27pm

Subscriptions were $80 plus a $20 surcharge. Reading through various threads concerning today's Signature box office drama and happy I didn't think twice about subscribing. Good luck to you guys.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#94Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:31pm

Looking on the website now, all the dates that have the "Buy Tickets" link say "This performance is sold out online" when you click on them.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#95Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:34pm

I'm told that they are now sold out through the original run, with limited seats left from the extension.

The box office said today that they will probably keep extending through March.

However, there ARE still premium seats available for $175(?) each. I'm sure those seats will go to standbys when/if they don't get sold.

--Aristotle

perfectlymarvelous
#96Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:42pm

The woman in the box office said premium seats were $150...hopefully some of those will be available on standby.

And I am now severely regretting not jumping at a subscription.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#97Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 5:44pm

Does anyone know if they are offering folding chair seats for this show? On Signature's website FAQ they mention them and I wanted to know if this was a common practice for their shows.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

perfectliar
#98Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 6:18pm

Yankee, I'm sure subscriptions are well worth the price but I haven't had enough interest in a full season until this was announced. Then subscriptions sold out, so single tickets were the only other option (I live in NJ, so I can't just spend $30 to take the train and risk not getting cancellation tickets). Then to be sitting online for 2 hours, with seats reserved, only to have the box office give away my tickets to someone else who was lucky enough to get through the constant busy signal on the phone just because the server is too slow for me to buy the tickets I had been assigned..... that's complete crap.

And that's the reason I'm currently a "detractor." Not because I don't think they'll do great work, but because wasting 2 hours of my life with no option of recompense put a bad taste in my mouth.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#99Signature's Angels in America Website
Posted: 8/3/10 at 7:06pm

Don't count on premium tickets. I attempted to get some for part I in the intial run and they were already selling out at around 1 pm.

I am very sorry that everyone had such a hard time getting tickets. The box office and online systems should have been more prepared.

I dropped $170 on tickets, and walked away with nothing but a confirmation number written on a sheet of paper. That to me isn't high demand, but low preparation.

Aren't they getting a nice brand new theatre with probably many more seats to fill very soon? I hope they up their customer service and plan accordingly for their new venue. I fear that they have already left a bad taste in many people's mouths with their subscriptions flying off the shelf before one can purchase, the lack of $20 tickets in the early hours, the failure of their phone and web system, and the 3 hour wait outside....

They made it through today and their site is back up, but I'd be worried about the many theatregoers who are left with bad memories. Someone will have to fill the many seats in their new venue --- or seats when such a hot ticket isn't playing at their theatre.

I've always found I go back to theatres that are accomodating, appreciative, and honest....

In fact, I've actually thought twice about using these tickets...I don't spend $170 to feel exhausted and frustrated.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?