pixeltracker

Rosie is already campaigning for Miss Hannigan...- Page 2

Rosie is already campaigning for Miss Hannigan...

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#25Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 4:10pm

The theatre that Andrea McArdle is playing the role at now is the North Carolina Theatre in Raleigh, NC (an AMAZING company which produces some of the best musical theatre in the country. I saw Norm Lewis lead RAGTIME there -- an evening I'll never forget!).

McArdle, from what I'm told, is very good in the role. Casting a Hollywood name as Hannigan would be insurance which the show, if done well, won't need. Casting a theatre name in the role, such as McArdle or Beth Leavel or Mary Testa, would probably be cheaper and a nice compromise.

What's great about a show like ANNIE is that it already has name recognition. Plus, it has a wide target audience (everyone!). So if you do a good production and get positive reviews and do the typical press (Thanksgiving parade), the show should be a hit.

And when you have a show which should by name alone should be a hit, it's always great to give unknowns a shot!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#26Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 4:20pm

I'd like to see Harriet Harris as Hannigan

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#27Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 5:23pm

"The only reason to cast O'Donnell in this is because of marquis value, and frankly, I don't think thats at all what it used to be."

Thank you! Exactly what I'm thinking. The biggest thing O'Donnell can claim to have done in the last few years is get into a fight with Donald Trump.

Does Annie really need a name? It's Annie. It's a name in and of itself.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#28Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 5:35pm

My thoughts, as well. Rosie's draw is not what it used to be. To many she's just the loud mouth lesbian who fights with Trump.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#29Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 5:42pm

LIZA

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#30Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 5:45pm

While I like the idea of people like Allison Janney and Jan Maxwell as Miss Hannigan, I'd really love to see Katie Finneran take a crack at it.

She's a little younger than how the role is traditionally cast, but she does that time of broad comedy like nobody else.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

bwaylvsong
#31Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 5:48pm

Megan Mullaly!

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#32Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 6:09pm

Alright alright alright...if it MUST be a name, then let it be

ANGELA LANSBURY!

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#33Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 7/29/10 at 6:38pm

WHOEVER SAID JAN MAXWELL...I **** LOVE YOU!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

bryan2
#34Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 1:58pm

That brings the question if Miss Hannigan is a supporting role which it obviously is hot did she win a Tony for best actress
the Andrea won every award that year except the Tony
smells like a fix was in ..
Andrea looks great as Hannigan but I would love her in Mamma Mia

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#35Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 2:17pm

the Andrea won every award that year except the Tony

According to IBDB, Andrea wasn't even nominated for the Drama Desk award.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#36Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 2:32pm

I love the idea of Katie Finneran as Mrs.Hannigan.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

willep
#37Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 10:02pm

Harriet Harris is a cool choice. Loved, loved, LOVED her as Mrs. Lovett at Barrington Stage.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#38Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 10:10pm

I think Emily Skinner could be a very good Miss Hannigan.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#39Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 10:16pm

Martha Plimpton is my choice.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#40Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 10:16pm

Newsflash Rosie, your heyday is over. She has burned too many bridges and turned fans off. I used to like her, but now she's just some crass, vulgar, opinionated......

And no to Harriett Harris. The woman can't sing and would be even more painful to listen to than Rosie.

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#41Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 10:37pm

I love Rosie and always will. I'd see her in this role in a heartbeat. Has nothing to do with talent. Just that she is a great personality and a great theatre advocate.

Does this mean I think she is the most talented for the role? Nope! Is that the right way to think? Nope! But I'd love to see her.

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

quizking101
#42Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:00pm

ALICE RIPLEY!!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

hermionejuliet Profile Photo
hermionejuliet
#43Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:04pm

"ALICE RIPLEY!!"

Oh lord...Please no! Let's have a compromise between Rosie and Alice please. Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...

So, that was the Drowsy Chaperone. Oh, I love it so much. I know it's not a perfect show...but it does what a musical is supposed to do. It takes you to another world, and it gives you a little tune to carry with you in your head for when you're feeling blue. Ya know?

quizking101
#44Rosie is already campaigning for Mrs. Hannigan...
Posted: 8/3/10 at 11:10pm

I was purely joking about Alice Ripley. I had the idea of a bipolar depressive Hannigan with hallucinogenic tendencies.