pixeltracker

Must Own Holiday Albums- Page 2

Must Own Holiday Albums

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#25Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 1:21pm

I second the votes for A Charlie Brown Christmas (Vince Guaraldi Trio).

And how about:

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Is there a better song than Boney M's Mary's Boy Child?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxm1FlLSfe4

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)
Updated On: 11/13/10 at 01:21 PM

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#26Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 4:24pm

These:

Must Own Holiday Albums
Must Own Holiday Albums
Must Own Holiday Albums

fitzykatebaldwinfan Profile Photo
fitzykatebaldwinfan
#27Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 4:38pm

I love the score to Elf. It sounds adorable and cheery.

"I never think of the classic musicals as old-fashioned; I think of them as timeless."--Kate Baldwin

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#28Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 5:51pm

Charlie Brown
Barbra Streisand (both)
The Carpenters (look for the double album 2 disc)
Muppets
Stevie Wonder
Mariah Carey
Bing Crosby
Ella Fitzgerald
Doc Severinson
Sarah McLachlan
Bette Midler
Celine Dion
Wilson Phillips--I have to get this one!

and Carols For a Cure Vol 12 cuz I'm on it!

scott68 Profile Photo
scott68
#29Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 8:40pm

Must Own Holiday Albums

You can laugh, but it's really one of my all-time favorites! I could go a whole Christmas season only listening to this CD, Vince Guaraldi, and Sufjan Stevens' five (really) Christmas albums.

"Why, I make more money than... than... than Calvin Coolidge! PUT TOGETHER!"
~Lina Lamont

My name wasn't, isn't, and will never be Scott.

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#30Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 8:51pm

Must Own Holiday Albums

This remains one of my favorites:

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 11:09pm

Mister Matt, The first song I play for Christmas is Nat's "The Christmas Song" on Thanksgiving night after dinner. For me, it ushers in the holiday.

Just give the world Love.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#32Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/13/10 at 11:51pm

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums
(my personal favorite. if you're into classical/women's choral music, this is your CD.)

Must Own Holiday Albums

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Updated On: 11/13/10 at 11:51 PM

Gothampc
#33Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 1:51am

You absolutely must get Cyndi Lauper's "Merry Christmas...Have A Nice Life!" She has such a variety of songs.

She's great on the old songs: "In the Bleak Midwinter" "Three Ships". And she gives us some great upbeat songs: "Minnie and Santa" "Feels Like Christmas" "Rockin" Around The Christmas Tree".

But a warning: If you listen to "Minnie and Santa" you will never be able to get it out of your head. You'll be sitting on a beach in the middle of July and all of a sudden you'll start singing "Minnie and Santa".

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#34Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 2:35pm

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums
(Brian also has three more Christmas albums)

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 11/15/10 at 02:35 PM

iflitifloat
#35Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 3:05pm

I just ordered the Peninsula Women's Chorus CD that givesmevoice recommended. (OK, and while I was at it, I got their very first CD, too.) I can't wait for them to arrive. Thanks for the recommendation...I'd have never discovered them on my own.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#36Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 3:10pm

Must Own Holiday Albums

This is not really good, but it sorta developed into a guilty pleasure last year. Also pretty endearing. It helps to be under the influence while listening.

iflitifloat
#37Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 3:54pm

I wanted to like it, I tried to like it, but I just can't get past what Bob's done to "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing". Must Own Holiday Albums

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#38Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 3:59pm

It definitely had a Forbidden Broadway element to it, that's for sure, and that song is Exhibit A.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#39Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 4:00pm

Any one with:

Eder
Nat King
Sinatra
Neil Diamond

I want some of the odder known titles to come out on CD. There is a song (and I believe a CD of the same name of) "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer"

I think Alessandri should do one with his take on Christmas

Poster Emeritus

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#40Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 4:04pm

My favorites are: Mariah Carey, Sarah Brightman's A Winter Symphony and Jessica Simpson's Christmas Album.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#41Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 5:16pm

I forgot two:

Must Own Holiday Albums

Must Own Holiday Albums

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

tommyboy
#42Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/14/10 at 7:26pm

All the Burl Ives albums...What the hell is a "Holly Jolly Christmas" anyway?

blueroses
#43Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/15/10 at 11:17am

A CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR YOU from Phil Spector.

Darlene Love, The Ronettes, The Crystals. It's truly the greatest.

As for individual songs for your collection...there are too many to name. But you've got to include FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK by The Pogues and Kirsty Maccoll and CHRISTMAS WRAPPING by The Waitresses!
Updated On: 11/15/10 at 11:17 AM

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#44Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/15/10 at 12:05pm

This is this year's must have for me:

http://www.3dicd.com/Annie-Lennox/A-Christmas-Cornucopia/

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

landryjames2
#45Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/15/10 at 12:34pm

Most of my favorites have been mentioned above except for Sandi Patty's O Holy Night, and Jewel's Joy: A Holiday Album.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#46Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/15/10 at 12:45pm

uncageg - That very same song is our family tradition as the official start of Christmas morning. When we were little, my brother and I were not allowed in the living room Christmas morning until we heard that song playing on the giant stereo console (I think I was about 7 years old when I figured out why). You know, the huge wooden piece of furniture that contained a turntable and radio in one side and a place to store your LPs on the other hidden under sliding wooden panels. I wish I still had that thing.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#47Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/15/10 at 11:25pm

Of course, if this event has a specified ending time you'll want to have a copy of Christmas Shoes to clear the room!

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

kover22 Profile Photo
kover22
#48Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/16/10 at 12:48pm

For me its not Christmas if I don't listen to my Michael Ball Christmas cd, Josh Groban christmas cd, and any Christmas records with Ed Ames on it, he is my all time favorite singer ever!!!

I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!
Updated On: 11/19/10 at 12:48 PM

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#49Must Own Holiday Albums
Posted: 11/16/10 at 12:52pm

I just ordered the Peninsula Women's Chorus CD that givesmevoice recommended. (OK, and while I was at it, I got their very first CD, too.) I can't wait for them to arrive. Thanks for the recommendation...I'd have never discovered them on my own.

You're welcome! Any time I participate in a Christmas music sharing meme or recommendation thread, I have to mention them. I really hope you like the CDs.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad