#1Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:25pm

Leslie Nielsen Dies Updated On: 11/29/10 at 09:25 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#2Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:27pm

Surely, you can't be serious!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

PRFRMR20 Profile Photo
PRFRMR20
#2Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:28pm

He is, but his name isn't Shirley!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#3Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:35pm

Aw, that's upsetting.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#4Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:41pm

I hope they bury him with a Whoopie Cushion!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#5Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:48pm

What a talent. And he worked right up to the end, providing some of the only good moments in the new generation of spoof movies.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#6Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 9:50pm

He'll always be Frank Drebin to me!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#7Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 10:00pm

I wonder if they now will release that Alfred Hitchcock presents The Magic Shop? He played the father of a kid who discovered a secret magic shop and obtained powers. Scared the living poop out of me as a kid and it hasn't been released in the box set.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 10:08pm

He originally screen tested for the role of Messala in Ben Hur

RIP

Poster Emeritus

bk
#9Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 10:18pm

I had the extreme pleasure and fun of directing him and I can only tell you he was a constant delight and one of the nicest people on the forbidden planet. I saw him about a year and a half ago and we had fun reminiscing. He had a great life, one to be celebrated.

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#10Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/28/10 at 11:39pm

May he Rest in Peace.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

mallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
#11Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/29/10 at 5:59am

Yeah, I too had the pleasure of working with him and he was a great guy. I think he worked so much because people just liked being around him. He was a genuinely funny and genuinely sweet man. RIP.

Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#12Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/29/10 at 6:47am

Such a great comedy actor but also did some wonderful dramatic work as well, RIP To one of the best funny men ever xx

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

justafan2
#13Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/29/10 at 9:38am

RIP---to a wonderful talent

juliethejarhead Profile Photo
juliethejarhead
#14Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/29/10 at 2:30pm

No one looked better in a pair of tight trousers. (FORBIDDEN PLANET, TAMMY AND THE BACHELOR) RIP Mr. Nielsen.
Julie the Jarhead on FB

Jon
#15Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/29/10 at 5:59pm

Unfortunately, the success in comedy late in his career ruined him for serious roles. In the movie "Nuts", he played the abusive john that prostitute Barbra Streisand is accused of murdering. The sight of Leslie Nielsen in black silk jockeys, slapping arouind Babs, was just impossible to take seriously!

Kitty
#16Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/29/10 at 11:44pm

I met Leslie Nielsen at a friend's house in CA many years ago. He was a sweet, dear man...very down-to-earth...a regular guy. He stayed close to my friend and her family for many years. He came to her son's bar mitzvah. That's the kind of a man he was... I was saddened to learn of his passing. My deepest condolences to his family.

AEA AGMA SM
#17Leslie Nielsen Dies at Age 84
Posted: 11/30/10 at 3:29pm

The Naked Gun: 33 1/3 just started on Comedy Central. I'm guessing it was hurried into their line up as a tribute, which I can't object to, though I wish it was 2 1/2 since that is my favorite of the trilogy.

Videos