steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#27New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/29/11 at 10:52pm

Ben Thompson

ahhrealmonsters
#28New World Stages RENT Cast?

thismyshow- In Hair, many of the chorus members were unknowns, but there were still people with Broadway credits (like Megan Reinking). Others, like Allison Guinn, were completely new and actually got their equity cards through the show.

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#29New World Stages RENT Cast?

I was talking about aasjb4ever's remark.

It seems like whenever there's a huge open call Broadway performers end up getting the jobs anyway. After watching Every Little Step, that's what happened for most of the performers in the revival of A Chorus Line.

notzach2
#30New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/29/11 at 11:37pm

Ben Thompson is a Collins understudy.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#31New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/29/11 at 11:51pm

For real? Doesn't make sense.

aasjb4ever Profile Photo
aasjb4ever
#32New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/30/11 at 1:14am

shrekster darling, please realize the amount of snark on this board

OhTossums2 Profile Photo
OhTossums2
#33New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/30/11 at 8:14am

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Anthony came back. In fact, I would lolz pretty hard if he did.

Jealous? I ain't jealous. I can take on these fellas whateva.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#34New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/30/11 at 8:25am

That would be so pathetically sad.

Open Call just means they are WILLING to see anyone (regardless of whether it is an equity or non equity call) Doesn't mean they are planning to use folks with no experience. And it certainly doesn't mean that they are going to find what they are looking for in the masses.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 5/30/11 at 08:25 AM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#35New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/30/11 at 1:59pm

I'm sure Anthony and Adam will do a stint-they're good for it.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

benmangini
#36New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/30/11 at 9:28pm

sean michael murry from american idiot also rumored to be in it
so thats 3

why all the hate on american idiot?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#37New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/30/11 at 11:53pm

add Gwen Stewart. just guessing, but wouldn't be suprised if she's part of the cast.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#38New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/30/11 at 11:58pm

If the fat kid from AI and Spring Awakening is in this, I will be pissed!

ahhrealmonsters
#39New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/31/11 at 10:01am

Wilson Heredia seems to be trying to get back into theatre....

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#40New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/31/11 at 10:03am

RippedMan,

Brian Charles Johnson?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#41New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/31/11 at 11:47am

Maybe? Sounds right. I just don't think he's talented, and it just urks me that he's "successful" when so many other great talented people aren't.

mina3
#42New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/31/11 at 1:00pm

Adam Chanler-Berat was offered the role of Mark. I don't know if he officially accepted (though it's hard to see why he wouldn't).

tking001
#43New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/31/11 at 1:13pm

Do we know the official cast list yet?

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#44New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/31/11 at 8:40pm

Yes, we all know. We're just not telling you.

bwayguy22089
#45New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 5/31/11 at 9:47pm

Annaleigh Ashford is Maureen.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#46New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 6/1/11 at 12:16am

It was not supposed to be announced today. My understanding is that they are still casting one, possibly two roles. But one for sure.

Just give the world Love.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#47New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 6/1/11 at 12:35am

They have the cast. Last Friday they were waiting on one. The actor accepted the role. Perhaps they're still waiting for the signed contract?

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#48New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 6/1/11 at 12:44am

Possibly. But as of today I hear they are still casting a role.

Just give the world Love.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#49New World Stages RENT Cast?
Posted: 6/1/11 at 12:45am

Open Call just means they are WILLING to see anyone (regardless of whether it is an equity or non equity call) Doesn't mean they are planning to use folks with no experience. And it certainly doesn't mean that they are going to find what they are looking for in the masses.

And just because they had an open/non-equity call doesn't mean they actually saw people who were right for this show. I remember commenting on the board about the number of people who showed up who looked totally wrong for the show (based on photos posted here on BWW). Just because someone's a Renthead who thinks they should be cast doesn't mean they will be. Especially with Rent which has rather voracious fans.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".