pixeltracker

What Original Show Props Do You Have?- Page 3

What Original Show Props Do You Have?

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#50What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/21/11 at 10:34am

BILLY ELLIOT - all purchased at the Flea Market.
• several foam balls that are shot at the audience during the top of Act II
• Billy's acceptance letter to the Royal Ballet School
• Billy's letter to his mum
[I know the following 4 things are costume pieces, but they're of the same vein]
• Kiril Kulish's ballet slippers, signed
• Dayton Tavares' tap shoes, signed
• Giuseppe Bausilio's ballet slippers, signed
• Tade Biesinger's tap shoes

LENNON THE MUSICAL - all received during the show.
• "War is over If you want it" cards
• fliers that they passed out during the show
• flowers that they gave out

HAIR - original revival and the tour - all received during the show.
• Be-in fliers
• flowers

IN THE HEIGHTS - I walked by the theater during load-out and they had this stuff set to be thrown out, so I grabbed it.
• Arizona Iced Tea can prop
• the Tuscan Milk carton that Usnavi smells ("the milk has gone bad...")
• the letters that Kevin and Camila open at the dispatch
• a strand of plastic colored flags that were hung at the bodega or salon
• one of the blue disposable coffee cups with white lids
• a bottle of Country Club Cola Champagne
• some of the old photographs
probably others that I can't remember.

#51What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/22/11 at 2:22am

"I used to have three of the clear, plastic suitcases used in the City Ballet production of PAMTGG, and they, along with many other things, were destroyed in an earthquake. I paid next to nothing for them, because City was clearing out its costume and prop warehouse. The work, BTW, is legendary for the fact that no one, not even the choreographer, will acknowledge its existence anymore. LOL"

There were rumours a couple of years back that it might get a revival for part of a Balanchine fest--I think no one actually believed them :P

#52What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/22/11 at 2:25am

What Original Show Props Do You Have?

(Of course Balanchine is dead so couldn't aknowledge the ballet even if he wanted to--it is VERY briefly listed in their anniversary book LOL)

FindingNamo
#53What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/22/11 at 2:41am

I have a Daphne Rubin-Vega burned Mimi candle. $1.00, '96 BC/EFA Flea Market. Mmmm-hmmm, that's right.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

#54What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/22/11 at 3:39am

I actually found, SeanMartin, 6 photos of PAMTGG that I saved a few years back when I was so fascinated tyhat Balanchine could do something so... awful, as well as the Time review if you're interested, though they might be better best forgotten (there's one hysterical picture of Irene Sharaff and George Balanchine--two of the best in their respective careers--with utmost seriousness fitting a cosmic headpiece on a dancer).

Katt1721 Profile Photo
Katt1721
#55What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/22/11 at 3:44am

All I have is a couple flowers and a flyer from the HAIR Revival.

I really need to be in NY during the Flea Market...

TrpleThreat89
#56What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/22/11 at 10:44am

Piece of a broken music box from N2N

Streamers from Hairspray and confetti from Shrek

The grape that Tony Shalhoub spat out AND the cork that Justin Bartha lets fly in LEND ME A TENOR (I got Bartha to sign the cork)

Alice Ripley's red dress and scarf from N2N . . .

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#57What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/22/11 at 11:07am

Be in flyer from Hair.

Lip Glitter and a ping pong ball from Priscilla Queen of the Desert.

A thong from Xanadu. I was the only person sitting in the front row, so Mary Testa flung it at me.

I have a broken toaster I bought from the Billy Elliot table at the flea market last year. I was told it was a stage prop, but I'm also a little skeptical. I never saw the show, so can any verify that there was ever a toaster in any scene? I'll still keep it, if it wasn't.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

willep
#58What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 1:19am

Marianne2 - Yeah, there is a toaster in Billy Elliot. In one of the scenes where all the miners are in Billy's house and Big Davey makes himself a sandwich with toast that shoots up out of the toaster.

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#59What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/23/11 at 1:52am

Props? Not many. Almost none. But I have a crapload of newspaper clippings, programs, and blah, blah, blah.

An internet buddygal sent me a shot glass used in the Broadway production of Les Miserables for Marius' toast to his fallen friends at the conclusion of "Empty Chairs At Empty Tables."

I also snagged a fake heroin baggie from Daphne Rubin Vega's Mimi after it landed next to me after she (or was it Roger?) hurled it. This was when I saw her reprise the role in a national tour during the late 90's. I caught Roger's guitar pick at another performance, as well. I kept the fake heroin in my dresser, until Mommy Dearest accidentally discovered it one day and confronted me about it ready to send me off to rehab. Needless to say, she flushed it down the toilet. She thought the explanation about it being a prop I snagged at Rent to be the lamest thing she had ever heard.

Meh. She eventually believed me. But she threw away Daphne!Mimi's smaaaack. Grr.

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

justasmalltownboy13
#60What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 5:23pm

Can we revive this thread? I realize this was started in 2011 - but a lot of shows have come and gone since then!
I have a lot of stage used props including-
-Wicked - Green elixir bottle, Elphaba report paper, Wizomania ticket, Fiyero's letter to Elphaba, Emerald City glasses
-How To Succeed (revival) - Daniel Radcliffe's "How To Succeed" handbook 
-Hairspray - Ultra Clutch can
-Spamalot - Horse clop coconuts (the stage used ones, there were ones made as mercy/souvenirs)
-SpiderMan TOTD - Homework, newspapers

Much, much more! If anyone has any to sell, my email is nick.mcelhinney15@gmail.com

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#61What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 5:52pm

I have a large red letter A from Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat that hing on the walls during the finale. It was a little banged up and got it out of the trash as they were loading out from the first Toronto run.

Also not a prop but I have a piece of the phantom stage when they ripped out the Toronto production.  It's one part of the trap door for the phantoms masquerade exit...complete with his mark on it.  And tons of ballerina shoes from various Christine's 

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#62What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 5:55pm

Someone mentioned getting stuff that was gonna get thrown out from In the Heights. How would you do this?

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

justasmalltownboy13
#63What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 6:03pm

Seems like a dumpster-dive kind of thing. Wait around as the show is unloading, then rummage through whatever they throw out

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#64What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 6:06pm

I have a lighter, cigarette cases, and silverware from the Off Broadway production of The Pride with Hugh Dancy and Ben Whishaw, and Elizabeth Olsen's night dress and a foam Pooh Bear head from Classic Stage Company's Romeo and Juliet.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#65What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 6:12pm

justasmalltownboy13 said: "Seems like a dumpster-dive kind of thing. Wait around as the show is unloading, then rummage through whatever they throw out"

Doing this for Hamilton.thx

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#66What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/28/16 at 6:18pm

You do realize it was when the show CLOSES.....not when its over for the evening.   Are you really planning for when this closes in 10 or more years from now?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#67What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/29/16 at 4:27am

I have three makeup masks that were worn in Priscilla- Nick Adams from The Aria Scene on the shoe, Mike McGowan's mask for the 'Fine Romance' scene, and Steve Schepis's U/S Felicia Material Girl Mask. Nick later signed his and was really surprised I had it. It was funny, at first he looked at it like it was just a mask, but then he started really looking at it and was like "This... Is Mine!" LOL. They are really the coolest!!

Darreyl with an L!

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#68What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/29/16 at 7:10am

Reporting from the hamilton dumpster. It's kinda dirty, ya know. I just found a pencil, think Lin may have written stuff with it. Below it I found a banana peel. Now I have to get out of the dumpster. I don't see a way to exit. Oh well. I forgot to say, I also found a chip bag with a playbill stuffed inside.

Do you really think I would do this? I was joking about Hamilton to make a joke. Thanks for all of your advice on how to do this. I'll try it on shows that are closing. Too bad I missed Gentleman's.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#69What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/29/16 at 1:18pm

I got a rock.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#70What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 1/29/16 at 1:27pm

I had a red velvet with gold trim and tassels opera chair from Phantom. I used it for several years before throwing it out.

Oh and I'm almost forgetting all the original props I have from the original Hedwig at the Jane.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Updated On: 1/29/16 at 01:27 PM