H2$ Darren Criss rush

pitfever
#50H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 2:16pm

I'm going NEXT Sat, and want to know what time I should be there as well. If you try this Sat, please come back and post, thanks :)

taintedxl0ve
#51H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:16pm

I rushed for opening, got there at 7am. We made it into the box office and there were about 8-10 people in front of me on line when they ran out of rush seats. Extremely frustrating. Also, they weren't selling SRO at all when I was there. I called Telecharge later on and they said this show never sells SRO. So if you're coming from out of town I would buy tickets, to be safe.

Myglass989
#52H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:25pm

Thats definitely not true- I rushed on Easter and we were the first people to not get rush seats and they offered us standing room (didn't take it because we were with someone who couldn't stand for that long).

Anyone whos attempted Darren rush please keep updating! A friend and I are going to try next week.

taintedxl0ve
#53H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:32pm

Has anyone gotten SRO recently though? I was surprised they weren't offering it to the people who didn't get rush. Maybe they've stopped selling it now.

snl89
#54H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 4:40pm

I rushed for opening, got there at 7am. We made it into the box office and there were about 8-10 people in front of me on line when they ran out of rush seats. Extremely frustrating. Also, they weren't selling SRO at all when I was there. I called Telecharge later on and they said this show never sells SRO. So if you're coming from out of town I would buy tickets, to be safe.

Yeesh, that really would be so frustrating!

If I were to try rush some time next week, and got there around 7, would you guess it might still be cutting it too close? I could get there at 6 maybe, but I'd really rather not wait in the cold for that long, so I'm hoping maybe by next week, if on opening night 7 was almost early enough to make it, it might have cooled off enough that it'll work

I wish I had the money to just buy a regular ticket, but unfortunately I'm really tight and the cheapest regular ones are probably worse seats than rush, no? So I'm thinking I'll still just brave the weather and do rush.

Darn my wanting to see Darren so much!! haha

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

keb2 Profile Photo
keb2
#55H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 5:47pm

part of the spiel yesterday was they *might* sell SRO. I don't know if they did.

beyonddizzy31 Profile Photo
beyonddizzy31
#56H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/5/12 at 11:47pm

I got there at 7-ish this morning and was one of the first 20 people in line. Albeit it was a weekday, and a COLD one at that, but I don't see any reason to show up earlier than 7.

Face life with a little guts and lots of *glitter*

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#57H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/6/12 at 1:11am

I rushed this past Wednesday with one of my best friends and we arrived at 6:15am. We were at the gate in front of the stage door. There were 17 people ahead of us. By 8am, the line was already past the Broadway Dance Center with around 60 people. I didn't stay to find out about when they sold out of rush seats but I do know they must have offered standing room as I looked back during the performance and there were two rows of people standing behind the right orchestra.

We got row F seats 14 and 16 for the evening performance. These are marked partial view, as are all rush seats, but they were not in the slightest. The lady next right next to me asked me how much we spent on our tickets ($30/each) and she explained she had paid $150.

And it was absolutely FREEZING out! People got out of line just to go buy blankets and bring back coffee. I don't think I've seen more Starbucks cups in my entire life.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#58H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/6/12 at 1:18am

"The lady next right next to me asked me how much we spent on our tickets ($30/each) and she explained she had paid $150."

Really? Someone was that rude to lean over and ask a stranger that?

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#59H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/6/12 at 2:21am

I imagine it came up later in the conversation. I cant picture anyone saying, "Hey, I spent a hundred and fifty smackers for this! How about you?" Instead, I gather it was more a "my isnt this pleasant, oh you're students?, what are you studying? and so on and so forth" kind of thing.

http://docandraider.com

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#60H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/6/12 at 2:58am

It was more like what SeanMartin said. She was a very nice lady. She ended up telling me her whole backstory on studying medicine in Australia and how experienced of rushing years ago when she lived in the city.

Myglass989
#61H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/6/12 at 11:35am

Thanks for the info, alfgiotir! I'm planning on rushing with a friend this coming Wednesday so thats really helpful. Were you able to get a feel for how many people around you wanted the matinee and how many people wanted the evening performance?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#62H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/6/12 at 5:30pm

I stopped by the box office today well after rush time to just inquire about their SRO policy. They told me that they sell SRO when they are sold out. For this weekend, that will be when the box office opens right after all the rush tickets are gone.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#63H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/7/12 at 12:37am

If Criss' run is nearly sold-out I can't imagine them not selling SRO. It(SRO) was sold any time during Radcliff's run when the show was sold-out.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

pitfever
#64H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/7/12 at 12:33pm

Anyone tried Rush today? Please give info....thx

hubee Profile Photo
hubee
#65H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/8/12 at 2:40am

Got there at about 5:35am and prob about 70th in line. Night perf sold out even before we got close to the stage door area. (including SRO's)
Got up to ticket counter, and got the last rush seat (1) and SRO's spots. Way too close for comfort. And the line behind us was longer than the line in front of us (before they started selling).

http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com

Shunterk
#66H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/8/12 at 11:06am

So, I'm heading up to see the show on Saturday, our bus gets into NYC at 5 AM at Madison-Square-Garden-Area and I'm worried as to whether or not my friends and I will be safe to get tickets through rush or SRO. We don't really care about either, but as long as we can see it. If not, I would much rather see something else, but my friends want to see this. So, do you think we'll be safe to see the show?

Jordan Catalano
#67H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/8/12 at 12:04pm

Let me consult my crystal ball...

pitfever
#68H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/8/12 at 12:14pm

OMG, you went there at 5:30AM and you were 70s in line? Gees...I was thinking of going there next Sat at 7AM! That's not good.

theironist
#69H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/9/12 at 12:37pm

I just read somewhere that people have started lining up for rush tickets at midnight. I'm curious to see what Darren's like and I have no desire to pay full price for a ticket, but come on. That's actually ridiculous.

snl89
#70H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/9/12 at 1:08pm

Jeeez, and I was hoping to be able to go at like 7! H2$ Darren Criss rush

Well granted I'm going to try during the week, so hopefully that will be less crazy than the weekend, but still.. I guess maybe I should try and get there at like 6 or so to be safe?

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#71H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/9/12 at 8:00pm

Getting there by 6am during the week (Monday-Friday) is totally fine. The problem is on Saturday and Sundays when kids are off from school and seeing as they make up most of Criss' fanbase, it makes sense why there were already 70 people there by 5:45am.

ksong12
#72H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/10/12 at 2:14am

If anyone goes tomorrow, let us know how it goes!

I'm planning on going Wednesday, but I can't get there until about 7. I hope it won't be a lost cause...

crazyfordarren
#73H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/11/12 at 12:46pm

I got there at 6:30 for the Jan 10th show and was about 25th in line. By the time it was 8:00 - I'd say at least 40 people were in line and by 9:00, the line was stretched so far down the block I could not count.

I got tickets in right Orchestra, maybe about about 5 or 6 rows back without a problem. The man had a pretty big stack of tickets so I'm pretty sure AT LEAST 30-50 people got tickets.

The seats were amazing, partial view only for maybe a few minutes her and there. The wait was certainly worth it. If you arrive to the theater by 7 on a weekday you're almost sure to get tickets! Good luck!

Jordan Catalano
#74H2$ Darren Criss rush
Posted: 1/11/12 at 12:52pm

Was Darren amazing? I mean, was he dreamy and amazing and totally all that?

Videos