pixeltracker

Rosie O'Donnell is not doing "Annie" after all.

Rosie O'Donnell is not doing "Annie" after all.

chanel
#1Rosie O'Donnell is not doing "Annie" after all.
Posted: 4/21/12 at 5:41pm

She confirms it.

chanel
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 5:49pm

Oh, darn.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#3Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 6:11pm

This is very good news. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#4Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 6:43pm

Glad to hear. Now let's get Lynch signed.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Dollypop
#5Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 6:45pm

Glad to hear it. Now let's get LuPone signed!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#6Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 6:47pm

LuPone is booked for something else.

Dollypop
#7Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 6:48pm

Unhook her. She belongs in ANNIE.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#8Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 6:53pm

My respect just went up for her. There are many big names (like it or not, Rosie is a big name) that wouldn't respond to a fan saying she didn't get it.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#9Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 7:16pm

My vote:

Catherine O'Hara.

Freshly minted, larger than life, and 100% real woman.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

ChildrenwillListen
#10Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 7:59pm

And the wonderful world of Broadway breathes a sigh of relief

bk
#11Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 8:48pm

How many times need it be said: Rosie was never doing this show. The only one putting out information about Rosie playing Miss Hannigan was Rosie. Period. It was NEVER happening.

I have made my suggestion to the musical director of the show and if it were me doing it I would cast her without even thinking about it: Beth Leavel.

Jordan Catalano
#12Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 8:57pm

Ive said it before but I want Carol Burnett to do it. Other acceptable choices would be Jackie Hoffman, Jan Maxwell, Andrea Martin or Elaine Paige.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#13Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 9:17pm

Andrea Martin would not only chew all the scenery, she'd destroy the entire theatre.

It'd be divine.

Another scenery chewer I'd love to see is Nancy Opel. And I can't help but think Carolee Carmello would have a great take on the role.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Jordan Catalano
#14Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 9:20pm

Joanna Gleason would also be great.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#15Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 9:28pm

Beth Leavel for sure.

Also, I think Andrea McArdle should reprise her role as the "Star-to-Be" like she did in the TV Movie.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#16Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 9:47pm

How about Christine Ebersole?

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#17Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 10:04pm

Jackie Hoffman for Miss Hannigan!

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#18Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/21/12 at 11:53pm

A friend close to the project said they are going back to SJP and a few others who seemed interested.

lovesclassics
#19Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/22/12 at 12:32am

I saw Sally Struthers as Hannigan a few years back and she was flat out hilarious! I can still picture the demented look on her face while she absentmindedly ripped the head off of a little doll during "Little Girls." I'd love to see her get a shot at doing it again on Broadway. I always knew she was funny, but her singing and dancing were pleasant surprises.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#20Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/22/12 at 2:07am

This is great! I wonder who they chose to cast instead of her, here's hoping it's someone like Andrea Martin or Jane Lynch, there's a lot of actresses who'd be great in the part really.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

bookofmel Profile Photo
bookofmel
#21Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/22/12 at 2:27am

I love the ideas of Jane Lynch and Catherine O'Hara. Any of Christopher Guest's ladies would be fantastic.

Even more fantastic? A new musical done by Christopher Guest and co. I would pay good money to see that.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#22Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/22/12 at 2:52am

Joan Cusack would be a hell of a Hannigan.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#23Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/22/12 at 3:06am

Auggie27, Catherine O'Hara is a brilliant choice! That would be amazing!!!

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#24Rosie O'Donnell is not doing
Posted: 4/22/12 at 6:24pm

Glad to hear this. Her stock seems to have dropped.

I have always felt that Beth Leavel would be perfect for Miss Hannigan.

Videos