pixeltracker

Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August

Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#1Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 12:45am

For those who like to see understudies, this tidbit is in Playbill's interview with Alternate Eva Christina DeCicco:

DeCicco, who normally performs the role twice weekly — Wednesday evenings and Saturday matinees — will play the late Eva Peron six performances a week July 12-19 and August (dates to be announced shortly) while Argentinian actress and Olivier winner Elena Roger films a movie (during those two weeks Jessica Lea Patty will be the Alternate Eva).

http://playbill.com/news/article/167522-DIVA-TALK-Chatting-With-Evitas-Christina-DeCicco-the-Alternate-Eva

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#2Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 12:51am

She went on for the Wednesday evening performance as Eva via her twitter. Wonder how she did, but I'm sure she was great.

jolly1 Profile Photo
jolly1
#2Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 3:40am

Probably why they sent out an email blast with a discount code for those dates.

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#3Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 10:19am

Jessica did well on Wednesday, you wouldn't have thought it was her first time on. Buenos Aires she knocked out of the park. Full of energy, hitting every mark perfectly, and she seemed to be having a blast. A new Argentina I enjoyed her placement for the higher parts of the song. It had a smooth, healthy, slightly rock quality, and ease to it. I hope to see her again

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 10:36am

Jessica Lea Patty as Eva would get me to see this. Wonder what the August dates are.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayBrandon
#5Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 11:04am

@ jolly1 that email blast is for when Ricky is on vacation it has nothing to do with Elena or Christina!

PattiLover Profile Photo
PattiLover
#6Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 11:13am

Funny - I remember seeing Christina and Jessica in Beauty and the Beast together a few years back in Philadelphia. Now they're both playing Evita...

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#7Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 11:57am

I would LOVE to see Jessica and Max on together as Eva and Che. But it looks like Ricky will be back before Elena leaves to start filming. Bummer.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#8Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 12:17pm

I was thinking that too, bjh.

Rainbowhigh23
#9Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 12:31pm

Now I'm curious as ever to see Jessica Lee Patty as Eva.

Wonder if this is the movie Elena is filming. The director is female and did the wonderful film XXY.

Wakolda Updated On: 6/29/12 at 12:31 PM

prodigy79
#10Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 1:03pm

For those who might be wondering, according to her Facebook page, here are the dates she is going on:
Saturday July 14th 2:00
Wednesday July 18th 8:00
Wednesday August 15th 8:00
Saturday Aug 18th 2:00

#11Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 1:21pm

Would it be better to see Jessica or Christina?

theminutepast
#12Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/29/12 at 2:17pm

I don't pay a lot of attention to these things, but it sounds like Ricky Martin is out now. How much longer is he out for?

ElphabaGoodman
#13Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 6/30/12 at 7:41pm

I would love to see Jessica Lea Patty in this role, but I was really hoping that Laurel Harris would get to go on.

shrekster224
#14Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 12:25am

Saw Jessica on the Saturday matinee. I'll try to give tons of details but if you have questions just ask.

I was planning on seeing the show when JLP was on anyways, but for some reason I was just so excited to see her in the role. I had also never been in the Marquis, and I actually liked the theater! The stage is a great height, and I was in the front center orchestra. To start off, I actually thought Ricky was solid. Just solid. His best song was definitely Money Kept Rolling In. Jessica was revealed as Eva and looked great! She definitely showed presence right from the get go. Now, I have been a student of hers, and thinking back to her classes, it was actually surreal to see her playing Eva Peron on Broadway. I do think she needed time to warm up to the show and the audience, but by the dance break of Buenos Aires it was there. I'm sure she's the strongest dancer out of the other three women. She is just mesmerizing to watch. She was a little off vocally on Good Night and Thank You, but I think she knew and it will come with time. Her I'd Be Surprisingly Good for you was great, though. Thought Cerveris was a great actor and provided amazing vocals! This was my first time seeing Evita and I had no idea the Mistress is actually only in one scene. Rachel did a great job, though. They couldn't have put her in the ensemble for anything? Anyways, Jessica looked amazing in all of the costumes, but I think my favorite was the military one in A New Argentina. I think this was one of her top 3 songs if not best. She had sung well previously, but her belt was pure and easy to understand and listen to. She hit all the notes and more, and the acting was right there. After each of her "he supports you, for he loves you, understands you, is one of you..." moments, she got individual applause. Don't know if that usually happens. At intermission people were surprised she was the understudy and it seemed to be known that it was only her second time on.

I'll make it a tiny bit easier to read by splitting up the acts. Right when she walked out on the Casa Rosada, she looked stunning. She did a great rendition of Don't Cry... Ricky sung High Flying, Adored so well, I just wish his acting and performance was as strong. I think his voice is perfect for Che, but he just makes this face the whole time and thinks it passes. Rainbow High was another strong one for Jessica, well sung and performed. And the Money Kept Rolling In was the best dance number in the show. I couldn't decide who to watch! Nick Kenkel, Bahiyah, Kristine Covillo, Aleks Pevek, Ashley Amber, just too many to name were so entertaining. Jessica also really showed Eva's transformation, and I really was understanding not only the show but the story of Peron's life. The second act was much stronger than the first act in terms of acting for Jessica, and I thought she was great in the first act! Cerveris did not do the "NOOO!" which some have mentioned, but I liked the subtleness that still showed serious concern and worry for Eva. Montage was very sad but will played by Jessica. She got tons of applause at curtain call and had moments with Ricky and Michael.

Over all, she nailed it. I thought she was talented before, mainly as a dancer, but now I found a whole new respect for her career as a triple threat and hope she starts booking some lead roles! Hope she gets to go on more often. I had seen Nice Work the night before and thought that they had a great ensemble, but I think Evita wins. Rob Ashford always manages to get the best possible combination of dancers. They really just performed with their and sold the show.

Side notes: I thought the equity requirement was to have covers posted in 2/3 ways? Does this apply to chorus contracts? Jennie Ford was in for JLP and Jason Lee Garrett was also clearly in for Daniel Torres and there was no mention of their, both on the board or by slip. I think there might have been one more out too as I recall seeing Matt Wall.

Updated On: 7/16/12 at 12:25 AM

ghostlight2
#15Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 12:35am

"Thought Cerveris was a great actress and provided amazing vocals!" [bolding mine]

LOL! I know he's at least twice played transexuals, but now he's an actress? jk. I have been less than impressed with Ms Patty as an actress in the past, though I think she's a fine singer and dancer. Glad to hear that she has a following.

shrekster224
#16Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 12:39am

Oops, all fixed! Thank you. I was very satisfied with the acting performance she gave, and as I said, especially in the second act. She'll also only get better with more performances.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#17Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 2:12am

Has anyone ever thought that Jessica Lea Patty is turning into a modern day Merle Louise type of person? Someone always in the ensemble, and usually understudies the lead role in big productions, and has rarely gotten a chance to star in her own right?

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#18Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 3:53am

It seems every season (more or less) she books at least one new show. She never seems to be out of work for a long time. Can say the same for Michael X. Martin. Glad you liked her Eva.

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

DefyGravity777
#19Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 4:32pm

"This was my first time seeing Evita and I had no idea the Mistress is actually only in one scene. Rachel did a great job, though. They couldn't have put her in the ensemble for anything?"

Rachel IS in the ensemble after she sings her song as the Mistress. She is hard to find though throughout scenes. Look at your Playbill as you will see she is listed as Mistress/ensemble.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Dangerous Jade
#20Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 4:41pm

Rachel is in the ensemble scenes through the entire show. I noticed her in the funeral scene at the top of Act 1 and in Buenos Aires.

shrekster224
#21Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 5:11pm

Hm, when I go back eventually I'll look for her. I guess it's because it is kind of split into the more dance heavy ensemble and the more vocal heavy ensemble, guessing she is in the latter, which is usually more to the back. Thought I saw her in Requiem, but after that she must have had some great wigs!

Dangerous Jade
#22Jessica Lea Patty will be on as Eva Peron in July and August
Posted: 7/16/12 at 5:19pm

Rachel was a little hard to recognize at first but after seeing online photos of her in full costume as a descamisada I was able to notice her. I also picked out Elena in Requiem - I nudged my friend and said, "Look at Elena - she's one of the mourners!" and Elena kind of realized she was spotted before her big introduction! You really couldn't miss the bump in her nose - it's cute but very noticeable.