pixeltracker

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion- Page 5

The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion

SahDu
#100The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 10:48am

@ghostlight Thanks for the info. I tried tweeting to the Public yesterday and got no response. I'll try calling when their offices open at noon and report back in case anyone's curious.

iluvtheatertrash
#101The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 10:56am

It won't affect you at all SahDu. I have a friend who won AS YOU LIKE IT 6 times. I, of course, never won once. It's the fairest system of all...

Frankly, I think you should be removed once you've won. It's free. They need to limit the virtual lottery.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#102The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:02am

I like the policy of if you win once, you should be off the list-it's fair and allows more people to get an opportunity to see it.

iluvtheatertrash
#103The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:04am

Right? And I refuse to believe they truly police people who enter more than once with multiple e-mails. I've heard of many people cheating that way (and getting selected).

While I like the idea of Virtual Lotto -- I cannot camp out as I work a 9-5 job -- it doesn't work. I entered it for all but two performances of AS YOU LIKE IT and never won. But there are people who won upwards of four or five times!

If you want to see it again after winning once, you should have to camp out.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#104The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:07am

iluvtheatertrash-I totally hear you. I do know they ask for an address and it will have to match your ID (they were strict about it).

I work 9-5 too so I'm in the same boat-and I agree. If you win the lotto once, that's it.

iluvtheatertrash
#105The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:26am

They police names and I.D., but I don't think they check to make sure there aren't four email addresses registered to that person.

I got VERY lucky - a friend is an usher at the Delacorte this season. They get 4 tickets, and knowing how much this show means to me, he gave me one of his four tickets. I get to see it this Friday... Not sure I would see it otherwise.

iluvtheatertrash
#106The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:26am

...even though we're both NOT working right now, dreaming. The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion

nasty_khakis
#107The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:49am

They police names and I.D., but I don't think they check to make sure there aren't four email addresses registered to that person.

What do you mean by that? Like I could use/create 5-10 gmail accounts and they wouldnt notice? But I can't use the same name? Or do you just mean they check IDs of winners when they collect their tickets?

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#108The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 11:52am

uh oh - i just entered the virtual lottery but my living address is different than the address on my ID. Does this mean IF i win i won't be allowed in? The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion

broadwaybaby086
#109The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 12:05pm

Hey everyone, I just walked down the line and polled informally and got these stats:

6:30am: water fountain, first big tree w/mulch clearing underneath (this is the spot I aim for, and have never been turned away at this point)
7am: set of benches under complete tree cover, on the slope, before the line switches to the west side of the path
9:15am: rock of no hope

As of 11:50 the end of the line was about 50 yds south of the 86th street transverse.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#111The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 12:32pm

That reminds me of the Hudson Talbott illustration of The Witch after the transformation from his 1988 INTO THE WOODS book.

iluvtheatertrash
#112The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 12:39pm

From what I understand, nasty_khakis, they don't verify that people aren't creating multiple e-mail addresses, they only verify your name and address.

I'm sure you can get away with just the photo I.D., FantomFollies, but if you have more than one, that might be extra helpful. Just let them know you have a different in-city address.

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#113The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:05pm

WAHOO I won two tickets to tonight's performance on the virtual lottery!!!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#114The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:08pm

If it's a wedding dress dyed green, it probably isn't supposed to be a wedding dress when she wears it.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#115The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:08pm

I feel like we should have a separate thread for tickets, line status, and virtual lottery discussion.

I don't want discussions about the production to get lost in here.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#117The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 1:20pm

Her post-transformation dress in Act 1 certainly... isn't what I would call a wedding dress (note, I have not seen anything from act two, so who knows). I mean, I guess it could be? It wasn't a wedding dress as I would think of one. It's a flowing green dress, a bit too diaphanous to be a wedding gown.

And I certainly don't see why, even it were $3,000 and dyed, it would infuriate cast members.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#118The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 2:16pm

I got tickets for tonight. Got in line at 5:45 this morning. There were at least 60 people already there. After I got my tix I watched what I could see of the rehearal. Overheard them saying they were probably rehearsing until 5:30. Saw Murphy up on the second level with part of the costume on. No dress but a witches hand and a crutch attachment on the other hand. It looks pretty cool. Chip Zien was rehearsing shirtless as were a few other male cast members. I heard Amy Adams but couldn't see her. They were just finishing the scene in the Bakers house. I am pretty excited. Have no clue where my seats are as they don't provide a seating chart because of scalpers. (That's what we were told at the box office)

Just give the world Love.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#119The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:36pm

Scalpers?? for a free show?? Who's dumb enough to buy tickets to a free show??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#120The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:37pm

A lot of people that don't think they need to stay in line like most everyone else.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

nasty_khakis
#121The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 3:55pm

There are always homeless poeple in line who sell their tickets to people espeically duing the big movie star shows. You can also usually see ads on craigslist for "line sitters" or something like that. They're not scalpers, per say, just people who you can pay to sit in line for you. It takes part of the fun out of it to me if you don't "earn" the tickets, but talk to me when I'm rich and 60.

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#122The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:13pm

'And I certainly don't see why, even it were $3,000 and dyed, it would infuriate cast members.'

I've certainly had the thought, 'If I have to look at that ugly-ass costume for one more Goddamn second, I'm going to punch a baby.'

Not sure I've ever said it out loud, though.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#123The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:44pm

so excited for tonight's performance - but so nervous about this iffy forecast!! Let's hope it just holds up from about 7:45 to 11!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#124The Public Theatre's Shakespeare/Park presents INTO THE WOODS -- Discussion
Posted: 7/24/12 at 4:56pm

Going tonight; story at 11.