pixeltracker

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play- Page 3

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play

pippin423
#50TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 1/3/15 at 1:37am

I can only say that I saw quite a few Broadway productions with Play by Play so I am happy with them. Belonged to Theatermania Gold and found that to be a waste of money. Just my opinion.

Ericg2
#51TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 2/19/15 at 11:14am

macnyc - I agree TheaterMania is very misleading. I think they used to be better a few years back but they don't seem to follow the "rules" of what a seat filling service is. I think this is why they don't get the same shows as they used to.

Play-by-Play definitely has stricter rules when it comes to their members but I think it is totally worth it for the types of shows they get. I know this past fall I saw 6 Broadway shows for the $4.50 price and two more through the actors fund. Not to shabby haha!

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#52TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 3/3/15 at 12:37am

Trying to decide wether to join TMG or PbP and having a difficult time deciding based on what everyone is saying! I'm mostly interested in seeing upcoming Broadway shows, can anyone either inbox me or comment with which one would be the better investment/what kind of shows they offer?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#53TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 3/3/15 at 12:45am

The selection on TMG is pretty awful. I've only seen three Broadway productions available on there since joining in the fall. Apparently they come and go SUPER fast. I finally JUST got a Broadway ticket on there last week, and it shouldn't be hard to figure out what show it was.

Updated On: 3/3/15 at 12:45 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#54TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 3/3/15 at 12:48am

Go with Play by Play. Great selections

Theatermania is a waste of time . Have no intention of renewing my membership when it expires.

Poster Emeritus

cockeyedoptimist2 Profile Photo
cockeyedoptimist2
#55TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 3/4/15 at 9:19pm

I've had Theatermania Gold Club on and off for 4 years now and I've seen a lot of Broadway and Off Broadway shows with them to make it worth it. Likewise, my membership is also up for renewal this month and I'm considering trying out PbP or maybe even getting both. I saw maybe 8 Broadway shows with Gold Club this past year, and even something like 4 shows makes it worth it for me. Overall I don't have much to complain about. I check the website on my phone at least once per day when I'm taking a break.

Can anyone with PbyP pm me with what Bway shows they've seen through that and I can also tell you what I've seen through Gold Club? I'm very curious.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#56TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 3/9/15 at 1:48am

Ericg2 - Out of curiosity, what "rules" of seat filling service do you think TGC aren't following? I've never used any of these and I'm just wondering what is considered the rules of seat filling.

outsideofadog
#57TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 3/13/15 at 9:00am

When you apply or subscribe (depending on how they see your participation), you are given a list of appropriate behaviors and responsibilities. Most have to do with cancellations and picking up tickets; some have to do with comportment in the theater. You can see these usually on the application page, or you might have to actually try to apply to see them. Each company has their own rules. You agree and if you violate them, you might be out of the program.

Toowylde
#58TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 3/31/15 at 8:50pm

Has anyone heard of Spondooly? I got an offer from them today for $45 for a 2 ticket annual membership. Apparently they are a seat filling company that started in Las Vegas. They say they will be filling for shows and events and concerts.

I'm not making a lot of money right now and am not about to spend $45 on a seat filling service new to New York. (The $45 is through Living Social, the real annual price is $75.)

If anyone does join, or has joined, or knows anything - I'd love the info.

Thanks!

neonlightsxo
#59TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:39am

Never heard of it, Toowylde. I think it is new.

qafgenius122
#60TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/3/15 at 9:38pm

BUMP!!!! So, as you all know, a formerly free papering site, now has a small fee, which I am still very willing to pay, but it brought up the idea of looking into other membership sites... I've never been a paying member, I usually rush/lotto shows, and I do manage to see a lot, if not all new Broadway shows in a season, but a friend and I figure we give one of these a try for a year, to see if it is worth it. So the sites of note that we found are as follows; Theatermania Gold Club, Play by Play, TDF, Audience Extras and Theatre Extras. Ideally we want to join one, so if anyone can either reply here, or PM me with details less suitable for a message board, PLEASE DO! We want the best bang for our buck. (Shows per year vs the cost) Any info would be greatly appreciated. ideally the info is of current/recent offerings, not info from the beginning of this board. Lol. (And if we forgot one in our research, or you have other thoughts, feel free to let me know!) 

thsnks in advance for any info.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#61TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/3/15 at 10:00pm

SAME HERE QAFGENUIUS122!!! Let me know too!! I rush almost every musical and about 4 or 5 plays each season!! Im getting tired of rushing though lol

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Broadway_Boy
#62TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 12:33am

The Spondooly site looks great. I signed up for $40 which looks like it is a $5 discount for 5 more minutes. 

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1413544-two-ticket-annual-events-membership?ref=share-undefined-copy_box-web-deals&rui=139767943&rpi=195681464

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR

Broadway_Boy
#63TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 12:47am

Just got tickets for a great concert next week under the "newark" tab that more than pay for itself from Spondooly, plus no service fee for tickets.  Then they have a partial selection of the stuff regularly on studentrush.  Theater Extras I joined almost a year ago and I have seen 4 broadway shows through them, some un exciting Lincoln Center stuff and they have sports games up once in awhile.  Gold Club I used to love but either stopped offering great stuff or got over loaded so nothing was up long enough to catch.  

Check out the app Todaytix if you haven't already for theatre tickets around the world. My referral code is DGHVR
Updated On: 7/4/15 at 12:47 AM

LightsOut90
#64TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 1:33am

So apparently StudentRush which was free has become WillCallClub and now requires a $20 subscription fee, jeeze the guy that runs it was an asshole, now he's a greedy asshole. 

BigGuy3
#65TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 3:17am

WillCall club usually only has off-Broadway and off-off Broadway.  AE has nearly every off-Broadway show sooner or later.  I've been in Theater Extras for the past four years and its okay. Theater Extras has had tickets for music acts at Lehman College and Queens College, which I've liked.

I was in Play by Play but they kicked me out.  I'm very fat.  Some off-Broadway theaters complained about me not sitting in my assigned seat.  I told PbP that they describe themselves as a seat filling service, and no one filled a seat as well as me, but they were not amused.  PbP used to get the house seats (for less than $5 for members) for big Broadway musicals on opening night -- they had Thoroughly Modern Millie, Flower Drum Song, and Annie Get Your Gun.  They're probably the best of these seat filling services.

Audience Extras and Theater Extras both get a lot at NJPAC which has a lot of non Equity shows and acts passing through. 

High Five is a good program for NYS high school students and young looking college students with fake id's.

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#66TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 10:15am

I just renewed TMG.  They give you a history of the shows you have seen.  31 in the past year.  4 were Broadway, 16 were close to Broadway (2nd Stage, New World, Westside) The rest were an assorted of different venues.  We worth the price.

As for the site that can not be names just this weekend they had tixlavailable for a Broadway show that plays in two parts.  Both were available.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#67TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 10:19am

No desire to see the two parter - hint it is about Henry VIII.

Is anyone having difficulty with PBP this weekend? Wife tried to get in and she gets message invalid password.

Poster Emeritus

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#68TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 10:19am

What site can't be named? Can you PM me?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#69TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 10:48am

PBP is up and running again for those interested parties.

Poster Emeritus

nasty_khakis
#70TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 12:59pm

Could I get a PM too about this site?

Phillypinto
#71TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 2:08pm

Can I get a PM too? Pleaseeeee :)

outsideofadog
#72TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 3:29pm

I found that the Gold Club is very good value, good access to Broadway shows, and are incredibly easy to deal with.

Phillypinto
#73TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 3:52pm

How often are Broadway shows actually up on these sites though?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#74TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play
Posted: 7/4/15 at 4:26pm

All of them get some number of Broadway shows (although less in some seasons than in others). The key difference is not so much on the supply side as on the demand side. Some sites either have more members or more members who check the listings obsessively, so the bigger ticket offerings disappear more quickly. It is also true that some general managers will favor the ones that get rid of more tickets quicker either because they give them a better idea of where they stand, or because it is less work to dump tickets in 1-2 places if you feel sure they will be scooped up. With shows that are housed in big barns, and are regularly leaving over 700 seats empty, it is not surprising that they are found on most all sites long after they are listed. And in some cases the normal limit of 2 tickets per member is increased to 4 or even 8.