Trailer for Hitchcock

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#25Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 10/12/12 at 1:05am

I read the Bloch book, back as a teen. It is vastly different (the trailer mentions the decapitation), and I remember thinking it was badly written, but I was a snobby teen who thought most books were badly written. :P I have it kicking around somewhere, and should read it again... The only other thing I remember is Leigh's character has a lot more interaction with Norman (probably one reason it was so shocking that she's killed off so early in the movie).

EricMontreal22
#26Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 10/12/12 at 1:07am

Strummer, I didn't even notice James D'Arcy in the trailer--but that's, look wise, perfect casting for Perkins.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#27Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 10/12/12 at 6:35am

I've seen PSYCHO a number of times and I always get sucked into it. I don't know why, but every time I've seen it, I get stupid. I always forget the ending. It's so weird. I wish I knew why.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#28Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 10/12/12 at 7:56pm

Not sure how anyone can think the trailer for this does not look fantastic. I am so excited for this after seeing the trailer and i must be one of the biggest Hitchcock fans around (i even named my company after one of his films)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#29Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 10/12/12 at 8:31pm

I hate the title. It's so uninspired. They should've named it something that had to do with the story they're telling. Simply calling it Hitchcock makes it seem like a boring, bio-pic. It would be like calling Hyde Park on Hudson simply Roosevelt. I hate it when they did the same with Capote. A more inventive title would've gotten me to see it sooner. I'd read In Cold Blood as a teen and loved it. Had I known the movie was about the making of that book (and not his life story), I would've been there opening day.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#30Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 10/12/12 at 11:24pm

I believe I am still in the minority who hated Capote and would just recommend people seeing the film adaptation of In Cold Blood. Infamous wasn't too bad and it contains more Capote stuff.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#31Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/1/12 at 6:11pm

I'm seeing a screening of this tomorrow and am SO EXCITED!

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#32Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/1/12 at 6:29pm

Jealous!

Have fun and let us know how it is.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/1/12 at 7:05pm

...I loathe the film adaptation of In Cold Blood.

Hitchcock originally shared the name of the book it's based on, the wordier and more-on-the-nose Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

sally1112 Profile Photo
sally1112
#34Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/1/12 at 9:10pm

I absolutely can't wait!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#35Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/1/12 at 9:29pm

I love the scene where Scarlett as Janet Leigh slinks in wearing that tight silver evening gown...Va Va Vooom!!

JohnBoy2 Profile Photo
JohnBoy2
#36Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/2/12 at 11:38pm

Besty, you described my exact reaction to the trailer. On another note, I got the Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection on Blu-ray at Costco, for $163.00, which is the cheapest I've seen it. THE BIRDS looks fantastic!

aaronb
#37Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/3/12 at 1:38pm

Eh, looks run of the mill, but since I watch all those crappy Oscar movies anyway, at least this one will be about Hitchcock.

Sort of expecting THE GIRL to be better.

EricMontreal22
#39Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/19/12 at 1:39am

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117948672?refcatid=31

"A series of pointless dream/fantasy interludes show Hitchcock consorting with Ed Gein (Michael Wincott), the serial killer who served as the real-life inspiration for Norman Bates, as if only someone a little nutty himself could have made a great film out of "Psycho." "

WTF?

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#40Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/24/12 at 6:14pm

Survey says...forgettable and pointless!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#41Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 11/24/12 at 6:23pm

Off to see it in about an hour...will report back.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#42Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 12/2/12 at 8:25pm

I enjoyed this film a lot. Hopkins and Mirren were both fantastic. I wonder if they will be remembered come Oscar time?

The problem HITCHCOCK has is that is has to compete with a strong month of releases which will overshadow it.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#43Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 12/2/12 at 8:46pm

Kooky, well written, and a lot of fun.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#44Trailer for Hitchcock
Posted: 12/2/12 at 10:34pm

Interesting article.
Book vs Film

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Videos